Ktmguy2018

Cotton Bowl Is Painful!

Yikes.  Mizzou and tOSU are putting on an absolute groaner of a game....3-0 in the 3rd quarter.

tOSU is down to a true freshman QB after Kyle McCord transferred and his backup got hurt early on.  

I think there have been more punts than first downs.  

There is a fine line between "defensive struggle" and "offensive ineptitude".

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I agree that it is painful to watch.  But I don't think there is any doubt about what this is -- it is offensive ineptitude all the way.  Man, how is Missouri a top 10 team?  Brutal QB play on both sides.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a brutally ugly game.

I give OSU a little bit of a break due to the fact that early in the game they had to bring in a 3rd string freshman QB. 

But this game has been horrendous. I feel for the longsnappers as their arms have got to be worn out ; -)

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1

Didn’t Tony Hargain have to play quarterback years ago for Oregon? He was better than this kid, barely and he was a receiver.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Yikes.  Mizzou and tOSU are putting on an absolute groaner of a game....3-0 in the 3rd quarter.

tOSU is down to a true freshman QB after Kyle McCord transferred and his backup got hurt early on.  

I don’t think it’s a fine line…very thick line of offensive ineptitude 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, Ohio State’s defense is pretty good. Their offense is decimated by injuries, opt outs, and defections. I’m hoping Mizzou can do what they need to to scrape out a win. 

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:18 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Just wait until FSU/UGA. That one will be ugly for other reasons, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

So many of these bowl games have just been crapola.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryan Day may not be coaching in the B1G for much longer! Three straight losses to hated Michigan and this fugly bowl loss too...

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Cotton Bowl committee needs to fire whoever picks the MVP’s. Cody Schrader carried Mizzou, but they gave it to the QB who couldn’t keep his eyes downfield. 

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

A buddy of mine tried to tell me this game was a defensive battle! I feel that’s the default position for any SEC or BIG10 supporter when games like this take place. No offense and entertaining as watching paint dry.

I didn’t get to watch the game but looking at the comments here and the game stats… I feel this was a game that lacked offense, not a defensive battle.

As always, I’m old and could be wrong.

• Applause 1

OSU played nearly the entire game a their 3rd string freshman QB. 

It was a pure crap game. 

TXDuck, "watching paint dry" was exactly the descriptor I used while texting back and forth with my great Duck buddy. He said to me on Missouri's first drive in the 4th Q that he thought that the paint was drying.

Missouri's offense is normally far from inept, and what passed in the first three quarters was a testament to the quality of the OSU defense. But, I was not surprised to see Missouri break through late in the game and win this one--in fact I made a small wager that they would win. Things could have gone the other way had the QB not been hurt, but OSU wasn't moving the ball much when he was in there. 

Missouri has been underestimated on this board and elsewhere all year long. They really are legit.

qa is a testiment to the quality of the OSU defense. 

• Applause 1

NCAA is responsible. The portal should not be open until after the bowl games. What are they thinking?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

After the sleep walking in the Cotton Bowl, the B1G is now 5-1 in its bowl games. I think more pain at the hands of the SEC will be coming down soon. 

Thankfully Ryan Day can go home and relax in his chair, now that the Cotton Bowl is over.

burningChair2.gif

• Haha 4
  • Applause 2

That game was pretty, pretty...BAD.  Watching Ryan Day's face on the sideline when their QB fumbled in the waning seconds of the game was pretty funny, though. And, then, his mid-field post-game meeting with Drinkwitz was classic: a quick handshake, no discernable comments, and a quick turn with a genuinely scary scowl plastered on his face. Wouldn't want to be in the OSU locker room after that game.

Kyle McCord would’ve made a huge difference in the game but he transferred because he was basically cut.The day after he hit the portal Ben Hartsock came on the Dusty and Danny radio show and said as much. He stated how they shut down his NIL money and told him they were bringing in a transfer and that he didn’t have a future as their starting QB. 

This type of thing isn’t uncommon these days. All teams have honest conversations with their players to include Oregon. 

Have to agree with Dr Jacks Plaid Pants about Schraeder. He should have been named Offensive MVP.