EastBayDuckDad

Burch is Back for 2024

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks edge rusher Jordan Burch will return to Eugene for the 2024 season...

Great news for the Ducks D-line.  One edge is set for next season.

• Thanks 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for posting this, as it is BIG for next year's defense!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Yabba dabba doo!

Great news! Better than landing a 5-Star recruit. Brings to mind a question though: Can even the best d-line stop/shut down a prolific passing attack like the Mutts have this year or the Burrows led LSU team in 2019? It almost seems like a pinpoint passing attack can always/usually scheme to nullify even the best and most aggressive d-line.

Looking ahead to facing our Deboer issue next year and beyond, tell me I’m wrong. Please!

Edited by John Charles

Awesome news!!! Love to see the guys wanting to come back for a chance to win it all

• Thumbs Up 1

Great retention. Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully Birch has a monster senior season and can improve his draft stock to the first round.  He certainly has the physical attributes you'd look for in the NFL, scouts just need to see the productivity and consistency.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/6/2024 at 10:56 AM, John Charles said:

Great news! Better than landing a 5-Star recruit. Brings to mind a question though: Can even the best d-line stop/shut down a prolific passing attack like the Mutts have this year or the Burrows led LSU team in 2019? It almost seems like a pinpoint passing attack can always/usually scheme to nullify even the best and most aggressive d-line.

Looking ahead to facing our Deboer issue next year and beyond, tell me I’m wrong. Please!

Good point about prolific passing attacks. I believe Mich is in for a surprise against the dawgs. Penix and his receivers are a huge huge problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:56 AM, John Charles said:

You're not wrong, but fortunately there is only one Michael Penix, and he won't be on UW's roster going forward.

Great news for all us Duck fans....

Jordan Burch and a number of returning Ducks have a great opportunity to raise their draft stock. Bo, by returning, moved from a midrounder to perhaps a 1st roind pick.

With above average NIL money flowing these players dont have to risk leaving early. Grow into your man body, develope your skills and play on the big stage.

Late 1st and 2nd rounders get 4 year deals in the millions. The NFL will not run out of money anytime soon. So take the opportunity to increase your value.

IMHO, all the returning players can build a 1st or 2nd round pick resume.

So can some of the TP players!

GO Ducks.....   

It seems to me that a new NFL draftee will be in a much better position with a substantial bank account from NIL than he would be without any financial resources.

Curious to see what a healthy Burch could do all season. I hope we see that fulfilled for Jordan and Oregon!

Maybe we are seeing the impact of NIL money on guys who may have gone the other way in the past. I can't imagine it is too bad being a football player at Oregon when you are making a bit of money. I know it wasn't too bad just going to school when I didn't have much money at all.

• Thumbs Up 1