The Kamikaze Kid

The Real Question for Me...

Does DeBoer take the Bama gig or just stay home and coach the Seahawks?

• Haha 1

Will either one take him?

He’ll take the Ohio State job when Day is fired because losing to Michigan is a prerequisite in Columbus and he has that one down…

• Thumbs Up 1

It is interesting DeBoer hasn't signed that extension as the playoffs are over. It was rumored recruiting was taking too much time, but that can't be an excuse. 

I would imagine there are some pretty nervous dawgs up north until the extension is signed. 

side-eye-dog.gif

• Haha 3

In DL I trust. If there is any coach who would feel that he could take over Bama post Saban and win--it would be DL!!

The man has the fire, drive, and belief that he can do it! If he goes, OBD lose plenty but the ship won't sink.

Let's GO Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 2

DeBoer, who does not appear to have DL's recruiting chops is IMO, a more likely candidate for the NFL.  But he has but 2 years of P4 coaching experience. I don't see the Seahawks, I can see a better-paying CFB job.

Michigan comes calling and I very much doubt that UW would and could match the offer while still being a B1G junior partner. 

UW fans VERY nervous....Screenshot_20240111-102250.png.2eb8a1ef822c03f4e8fcc4993f135fb7.png

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

On 1/11/2024 at 10:23 AM, Jon Joseph said:

DeBoer, who does not appear to have DL's recruiting chops is IMO, a more likely candidate for the NFL.  But he has but 2 years of P4 coaching experience. I don't see the Seahawks, I can see a better-paying CFB job.

Michigan comes calling and I very much doubt that UW would and could match the offer while still being a B1G junior partner. 

I’m going to go with DeBoer goes to Alabama if they can’t poach an SEC rival, and Michigan promotes a “Michigan Man” from the current staff…which will most likely be a mistake.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Interesting how bama is now suffering some for their success. It’s that old rule of physics: for every action, there is an equal and opposite action. What successful coach in his right mind would walk into that bear trap? At least for the time being, you can Roll over and die Tide.

• Thumbs Up 1

Congrats to the Huskies -- Coach DeBoer has just likely moved into the top coach selection position for Bama. 

• Thumbs Up 1