Embarrassing: WBB Loses 79-30?

How is it even possible to be that bad?

Graves should…never-mind.

giphy.gif

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I referenced apathy as being the worst possible outcome for women’s hoops previously…I have gone from not missing a single game to being unaware we had a game today. Probably time for a change.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The half full glass replies . . . only one way to go (gulp).

Worst loss in Pac-12 tournament history (and it was to the 5 seed).

Graves’ career at UO needs to be put 6 feet under.

• Thumbs Up 3

There are no words..........

I hope Mark Campbell hasn’t gotten too used to Ft. Worth yet. In all honesty, he doesn’t seem like the type of guy who would ditch TCU after only one season. He’s had some good success despite the adversity his team faced this season.

5 star (9) and 4 star (4) players transferred out the last 3 years.  That was and is the unaddressed problem.

• Applause 1

His buyout is very high so Mullens has a real dilemma on his hands.  Not one I would want to have to deal with but then again it comes with the territory.  

Some have postulated that Graves wants to go to the WNBA as an asst.  Fact or fiction, can't say for sure but what has transpired this year is definitely vexing.  

One would be somewhat more sympathetic if all the transfers had not taken place after last season.   I get there were injuries this year but it just seems like there are systemic issues within the program and those need to be addressed quickly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 7:59 AM, ArkieDuck said:

5 star (9) and 4 star (4) players transferred out the last 3 years.  That was and is the unaddressed problem.

Not only did they transfer out, but most are excelling on top 20 teams in starting roles. Something is very wrong with this team. The departure of Mark Campbell seams to be a big part of the issue. This feels similar but even worse than Ernie Kent's final year. I loved Coach Kent but when it was time to go, it was time to go.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sir Graves has not given us any reason for optimism regarding WBB.  The biggest tell for me is that fact that several high profile players have committed and then left this program and have had relatively good success in other programs.

I think he has done "shot his shot" here at Oregon and moving out of, arguably, the top WBB conference into a lesser competitive conference might make it a good time to transition to another WBB head coach.  Do not think Sir Graves has a future as their head coach.

Thanks for the memories and goodbye.  😑

• Thumbs Up 2

Agents vs ADs. Not a fair fight.

This high of a buyout for a non-revenue sports coach? Although, Women's CBB could be headed into the positive revenue realm. The B1G Women's CBB tournament in Minneapolis is sold out. 

Edited by Jon Joseph

I would hate to be Mullens in this spot, it's a really high buyout, but this has gone from being disappointing to a complete dumpster fire of a program, it's now embarrassing how pathetic this team has become, it isn't just a lack of talent or a lack of coaching, it's a lack of caring now, the girls seem to expect to get boat raced now. 

Promising players have regressed substantially.  If I was Van Slooten, Kyei or Gray I would transfer immediately in order to get to a better situation and be better coached.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pull up the box score and team stats on espn...hard to believe. Whatever the buyout, it's worth it.  Embarrassing. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:33 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I hope Mark Campbell hasn’t gotten too used to Ft. Worth yet. In all honesty, he doesn’t seem like the type of guy who would ditch TCU after only one season. He’s had some good success despite the adversity his team faced this season.

We sorely miss Campbell. He can recruit. Graves obviously can’t.

4 Duck transfers played in conference tournaments yesterday or today: PaoPao, South Carolina. Jazz Shelley, Nebraska. Goglic (sp?), UCLA, Rogers, Texas A&M. All 4 excellent 3 point shooters, defenders, rebounders and college basketball experience. 

On 3/9/2024 at 9:37 PM, ArkieDuck said:

4 Duck transfers played in conference tournaments yesterday or today: PaoPao, South Carolina. Jazz Shelley, Nebraska. Goglic (sp?), UCLA, Rogers, Texas A&M. All 4 excellent 3 point shooters, defenders, rebounders and college basketball experience.

Also having great seasons are former Ducks Kylee Watson (Notre Dame), Sydney Parrish (Indiana), Sedona Prince (TCU) and Maddie Scherr (Kentucky).  And Taylor Bigby is first off the bench for #5 USC.