Chuc007

Sabrina's the Best

Caitlan Clark is a scoring machine. She recently broke Pete Maravich's all time basketball scoring record. What a feat. She's played in 130 plus games in her career.

Pistol Pete played on only 83 games in his college career at LSU. One can only imagine what his totals would have been if they had had a 3 point play when Maravich was in college. There is probably some overlay of his potential 3 point shots. Anyone have it?

No one has 26 triple doubles in men's or women's college but Sabrina. The closest I believe was 12. No wbb player in history has more than 2000 points (she had more than 2500), 1000 rebounds, and 1000 assists. She had more than 500 steals as well. There are lots of reasons to love this girl. She is the best wbb player of all time , maybe men as well coming from a Duck perspective.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 2:33 AM, Chuc007 said:

Caitlan Clark is a scoring machine. She recently broke Pete Maravich's all time basketball scoring record. What a fete. She's played in 130 plus games in her career.

Pistol Pete played on only 83 games in his college career at LSU. One can only imagine what his totals would have been if they had had a 3 point play when Maravich was in college. There is probably some overlay of his potential 3 point shots. Anyone have it?

No one has 26 triple doubles in men's or women's college but Sabrina. The closest I believe was 12. No wbb player in history has more than 2000 points (she had more than 2500), 1000 rebounds, and 1000 assists. She had more than 500 steals as well. There are lots of reasons to love this girl. She is the best wbb player of all time , maybe men as well coming from a Duck perspective.

Great stuff, when you pull the curtain back the truly greats still look like the GOAT's. 

One must also remember Sabrina would have brought a National Title to Oregon if there had been an NCAA tournament her senior year. That takes nothing away from an amazing Oregon career.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

I have no doubt at all that the duck women would have won the NCAA tournament in 2020. They were that good. Sabrina is competitive, she would have done everything to win the tournament. I was so sad to see the games cancelled that year. I felt cheated out of seeing Sabrina and her team compete. The ducks even beat the women's Olympic team that year in their first game. That showed the level they were playing on.

Don’t forget Payton was screwed as well..

Not to minimize Clark's achievements, but Sabrina would have brought a NC to Oregon if not for Covid. She was the groundbreaker for widespread acknowledgement of the quality of women's collegiate hoops and is the face of the WNBA. Sabs was tight with Kobe and his family and is tight with Steph Curry and countless other NBA players. That was earned. The 3 pt contest with Steph was must watch stuff. Clark may get there ultimately but isn't there yet.

Unfortunately the media fixation with the shiniest new toy gives the impression that there can only be one transformative women's player at a time. Give Clark her due, and more power to her, but Sabrina is the GOAT.

• Like 1