Charles Fischer

Are We Seeing What Cristobal DREAMED Of?

Cristobal talked endlessly about being physical, while DANO is doing it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I'll admit...I never thought over the years that I'd see that chart above...whew!

After all these years

it makes me want to....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Salute 1
  • Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Yes and no... 

Lanning is brining a modern tale on physicality to Oregon. 

FISHDUCK.COM

As Oregon fans, we heard all about physicality from former HC Mario Cristobal over the last four years...

One that is just as much about brute force as it is about outsmarting the opponent. 

Last season I felt I was highly critical of when Oregon went against their more physical. Play... 

FISHDUCK.COM

Last year we saw Oregon use its jumbo formation, referred to as 14-J, which meant one running back with...

And I think when Lanning and Stein embraced it and brought it back to the forefront it brought some real power with it.

FISHDUCK.COM

Did the coaches read my article last week after Oregon’s loss to Washington asking where the Ducks’...

And they did the the week after I criticized them for not using it as much. So I like to think the read the article but I highly doubt it. 

The first article I posted in this post is one of the articles I am most proud of. I do feel that Oregon will not only fit in with the B1G but dominate it. 

Cristobal was wrong. It wasn't about more power and more muscle. 

Power is about brawn and brains... Because making them opponent make a mental mistake can take them out of a play more than physically pushing them off the line... Just let them move themselves out of the way for you and give them a helping push. 

While you score a touchdown that is. 

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Slick Willy was the sales manager and Cristoboless is his assistant...he won't last in Miami much longer.

Dan walks the walk...

On 6/5/2024 at 2:56 PM, criticalduck said:

Slick Willy was the sales manager and Cristoboless is his assistant...he won't last in Miami much longer.

Dan walks the walk...

I think Cristobal will be there for a while... 

Remember the man crushes the off season. 

FISHDUCK.COM

Mario Cristobal will be Oregon’s head coach in 2022. The only way this doesn’t happen is if he opts to leave...

He recruits well, hires well (he may not allow them to do their jobs but he hires well), and he gives hope for the next year. 

On 6/5/2024 at 2:49 PM, David Marsh said:

I think when Lanning and Stein embraced it and brought it back to the forefront it brought some real power with it.

I will have an analysis article later that gives us the latest updated "Power" formation for key third and fourth down, along with goal-line plays.  Love your stuff David!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/5/2024 at 2:56 PM, criticalduck said:

Dan walks the walk...

I actually think he will get it going well in Miami. 

On 6/5/2024 at 3:51 PM, Duckhart2 said:

I actually think he will get it going well in Miami. 

He'll be forever limited by the fact that he can't stop meddling in his coordinators' business.  Mario just can't help himself for whatever reason and until he fixes that his ceiling will always be a conference championship (and usually by the skin of his teeth).

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/5/2024 at 3:28 PM, David Marsh said:

I think Cristobal will be there for a while... 

Remember the man crushes the off season.

But with a 12-team playoff, if he, or any other coach of a high-profile program, whiffs a few years in a row . . . bye bye.

I also think if any coach of a high-profile program periodically makes the playoff but doesn't advance past the second round, schools will keep them beyond their expiration date since the made the play-offs.

On 6/5/2024 at 4:34 PM, Steven A said:

But with a 12-team playoff, if he, or any other coach of a high-profile program, whiffs a few years in a row . . . bye bye.

I also think if any coach of a high-profile program periodically makes the playoff but doesn't advance past the second round, schools will keep them beyond their expiration date since the made the play-offs.

I think he's going to make the playoff for Miami... Unlikely to be this year... But he'll put together some winning seasons. 

I don't anticipate him winning the championship or getting deep into the playoffs because he will be out coached. 

But he would have gotten the Ducks into the playoff a couple of times with a 12 team field. 

He'll win but there is a difference between good teams, great teams and national title winners. 

Also... I don't think Miami will have the cash to get rid of him if he makes the playoffs every few years. His contract is expensive. And I'm glad they gave Oregon about 8 mil in the process. 

Mario chases paper stars while Lanning goes after field stars. Combine that with a true game plan verses leather helmet ball and the results speak for themselves.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/5/2024 at 7:47 PM, David Marsh said:

I think he's going to make the playoff for Miami... Unlikely to be this year... But he'll put together some winning seasons. 

I don't anticipate him winning the championship or getting deep into the playoffs because he will be out coached. 

But he would have gotten the Ducks into the playoff a couple of times with a 12 team field. 

He'll win but there is a difference between good teams, great teams and national title winners. 

Also... I don't think Miami will have the cash to get rid of him if he makes the playoffs every few years. His contract is expensive. And I'm glad they gave Oregon about 8 mil in the process. 

If it's not this season with the recruiting and portal pickups, Cam Ward and Martinez from the Pac-2 and other highly rated portal players, and OOC games vs. Florida A+M, Ball State, USF, and at Florida, a program that did not go bowling in 2023, FSU, Va Tech, Duke, at home, on the road against Cal, Georgia Tech, and possibly a ranked Va Tech, and no game vs Clemson and Notre Dame, when? 

He is an overpaid recruiting coordinator disguised as a head coach. If Mari(o) doesn't go 10-2 this season, Manny Diaz may be invited back. Over the same period at Miami, Manny had a better record than Cristobal.

Some folks deliver on their dreams. Not Mari(o.) When the ACC breaks up, I doubt that Miami, a small private school with an off-campus stadium, will be of interest to the B1G or the SEC.

Four ACC teams have never won an ACC football championship: Boston College; Syracuse; Louisville; and Miami. Boo hoo for The U.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mari(o) coaches two or three good games a season but again takes his talented team to the dumpster when he dreams of himself on the Oline from the 90s...

Great recruiter but doesn't develop or coach the team he recruits...I will take the under for any game he is the head coach.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

He is an overpaid recruiting coordinator disguised as a head coach

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/5/2024 at 6:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

If it's not this season with the recruiting and portal pickups, Cam Ward and Martinez from the Pac-2 and other highly rated portal players, and OOC games vs. Florida A+M, Ball State, USF, and at Florida, a program that did not go bowling in 2023, FSU, Va Tech, Duke, at home, on the road against Cal, Georgia Tech, and possibly a ranked Va Tech, and no game vs Clemson and Notre Dame, when? 

He is an overpaid recruiting coordinator disguised as a head coach. If Mari(o) doesn't go 10-2 this season, Manny Diaz may be invited back. Over the same period at Miami, Manny had a better record than Cristobal.

Some folks deliver on their dreams. Not Mari(o.) When the ACC breaks up, I doubt that Miami, a small private school with an off-campus stadium, will be of interest to the B1G or the SEC.

Four ACC teams have never won an ACC football championship: Boston College; Syracuse; Louisville; and Miami. Boo hoo for The U.

I could see Miami getting to the ACC championship game this year... 

And then losing. 

But that's probably enough hope for the Miami fans to buy in for another year. 

I dont even worry about Miami, Oregon surpassed them years ago. Its the SEC teams that can get 3plus stars to agree to be backups. I think DL's approach to recruiting is bringing Oregon closer year by year to be THE Team. As much as it may hurt, NIL is great for the DUCKS. Cristobal is yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 4:47 PM, David Marsh said:

I agree, he will make the play-offs off and on eventually.

I just realized that these coaches that are at their dream jobs, they have no leverage for future contracts unless they “produce” as defined by the donors.  Of course, with a $50 Mil contract, who cares about future leverage?

One thing MC is very good at is making a Heisman caliber QB look like an average QB. Oh and I forget about his in game mistakes like calling mysterious time outs and running the ball into an 8 man front. Another thing that used to drive me nuts is his defenses were never ready at the snap of the ball, they were usually staring at the sideline for the coaches to make up their mind.  Stop!! I could go on the bash train further but you all already know this stuff. 🤪

MariØ is like that car you sold many years ago you thought was pretty cool.

You got some money, and a modern version of what you needed. The guy who bought your car, probably got $200 at the junkyard, or a bill to tow it to the junkyard, like FSU did.

Turns out selling that car and moving on to car with airbags, seat belts, air conditioning, automatic transmission, anti-lock brakes, power steering, rear view mirrors, fuel injection and cruise control, was a pretty good idea.

Who knew all these amenities would be so nice and useful. We are sitting pretty, and loving it!

-a0c3018e24de2b6c.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1

At this point in his career I doubt Mario changes too much.    He is too insecure (deep down) and lacks the ability to do any self introspection.   Again, (I know I have said it multiple times so sorry for the repetition) Mario will NEVER be comfortable not being the smartest man in the room.  

Any time he hires anyone outside of his 'circle of trust' they either end up leaving or he gets rid of them.   He brought Salavea' and Miraball and Feld with him to Miami because they tell him what he wants to hear.  

The net here IMO is Mario will continue to look like he 'walks the walk' but I think we all pretty much know he can't.

I realize this sounds harsh and I honestly don't want to see him fail but he had generational talent at Oregon and could not figure out how to use it.   What makes us think he will figure it out with Ward and Martinez?

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mario knows where he's going....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/6/2024 at 9:28 AM, Haywarduck said:

MariØ is like that car you sold many years ago you thought was pretty cool.

You got some money, and a modern version of what you needed. The guy who bought your car, probably got $200 at the junkyard, or a bill to tow it to the junkyard, like FSU did.

Turns out selling that car and moving on to car with airbags, seat belts, air conditioning, automatic transmission, anti-lock brakes, power steering, rear view mirrors, fuel injection and cruise control, was a pretty good idea.

Who knew all these amenities would be so nice and useful. We are sitting pretty, and loving it!

-a0c3018e24de2b6c.jpg

I don't know.... I'd be happy to have the 1963 Triumph TR3 I owned in high school

proxy-image.jpg