DrJacksPlaidPants

Generation O: Fly Era Reveal

I like the combination of new and old in the shoulder design. The Jump Man color scheme is cool as well. We haven’t seen that since the UCLA game in 2018.

I also took the time to pause the video and examine the intricacies of the design. These uniforms are well made as expected.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nearly impossible to tell from the jump cuts and special effects, but I think I like 'em. Sort of a reveal that doesn't really reveal much.

• Great post! 1

On 6/26/2024 at 1:27 PM, jrw said:

Nearly impossible to tell from the jump cuts and special effects, but I think I like 'em. Sort of a reveal that doesn't really reveal much.

Here are some photos of the black 'Fly Era' football uniforms.

Oregon Ducks unveil black ‘Fly Era’ football uniforms for 2024 season

TZ7FTCNFRBFPNE6M564AYKX4X4.jpeg?auth=8d8 LGZX3F7NVVDP3B3FQDLEGGSINE.jpeg?auth=25e MTM4KHGTPVFDTJE23QWOEWMZ7M.jpeg?auth=ce1

R7EEQLC42JEGZHBPVEHDMJ2I6E.jpeg?auth=cec 44WKSICMNRCXFDPNWPMVRIIEK4.jpeg?auth=53d

XGWNLKQHJVBL7IV4E2373ULA34.jpeg?auth=444

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Ducks will continue to reveal their full assortment of uniforms for this season in the coming weeks.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pretty cool, but moving away from innovation towards consolidating signature looks from the past. Nothing here not to like, but is Nike getting conservative?

They have the wings on the shoulders back. 

They actually look like a mashup of the uniforms from the last decade. 

2012 - winged helmet though with a 2020s style where the helmets don't have the liquid metal look. 

2014 - style of winged shoulders

2018 - bigger numbers 

2021 - a callback to the 2007 uniforms with those sheet metal looking crosses on the shoulders.

Overall... They're good. Part of me was expecting more but I think there is only so much design they can do these days. It feels like it's all been explored. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I read in earlier articles about the Generation O uniforms that they purposely wanted to pay homage to past uniforms. It has something to do with the 25th anniversary of the O. Hopefully they have other designs cooked up that will include the “Belotti Bold” font.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2024 at 10:46 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Pretty cool, but moving away from innovation towards consolidating signature looks from the past. Nothing here not to like, but is Nike getting conservative?

I just wonder what else is left to be done? 

Oregon uniforms have redone the shoulder design, helmet design, gloves, shoes and even the numbers. 

I guess they could work on pants. But that seems silly and would probably create an insanely busy looking uniform. 

Oregon even dressed up to look like the duck. It was a silly look but they did it for a game. 

I just don't know what else can be innovated upon in terms of aesthetics and design that would be seen as revolutionary in some way. Sure they can change the style of the wings and that sort of thing but that's a design change not something new.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/26/2024 at 11:08 AM, David Marsh said:

Oregon uniforms have redone the shoulder design, helmet design, gloves, shoes and even the numbers. 

I guess they could work on pants. But that seems silly and would probably create an insanely busy looking uniform. 

Oregon even dressed up to look like the duck. It was a silly look but they did it for a game. 

I just don't know what else can be innovated upon in terms of aesthetics and design that would be seen as revolutionary in some way. Sure they can change the style of the wings and that sort of thing but that's a design change not something new.

I agree, but that is why innovation is often left to the young. We are boxed in by what has been done, the youth can see, and ask why not about something we have never pondered.

I suppose I am the age of why do that, don't do that and being way too critical, but I am a bit older.

OtumF8.gif

• Haha 1

I like the green "Oregon" and the green outl ok be on the numbers.  Looks good on the black uniform.

Nike’s wants to innovate, and develop products to improve athletic performance. While these use design concepts from the past, the materials, shoes, and other equipment have been improved over the years. 

Tough to grab just a jersey to tackle someone these days. 

They look fresh, and have that gladiator look to them. Thumbs up from me. 

The numbers are the most traditional they have been this millennium. Not big, not small, a more traditional block font with a nice outline.

I think this is good for entering the stodgy B1G. They'll be intimidated by us in these unis vs. looking down on us.

Mixing the wings and diamond plate is well done as well.

Maybe in future years after we establish ourselves at the top of the B1G we can get back to more innovative looks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I certainly dont dislike them, but will withhold a  judgement on the new Generation O style, until I see some of the other colors. I really want to see the jerseys when they have more contrast, as I think I see wings, but I am not positive. I will say I always think the designs look good, sometimes they are great.

I think of all the designs as Oregon Traditional since watching the Oregon Nike connection clip yesterday.

We can’t forget the hideous orange socks!!

https://images.app.goo.gl/LnMffGDz8CMjUK7f8

Wondering is always an excellent pursuit. In my experience, as soon as I begin to think it’s all been done, guess what happens?

The wings combined with the diamond plates, LOVE IT! Honoring the past but making it fresh.

I just hope they have some that are green and yellow. Black isn't our color. I know, I'm old fashion. 

Edited by Lono
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, Lono said:

I just hope they have some that are green and yellow. Black isn't our color. I know, I'm old fashion. 

I'm sure there will be at least one shade of green, probably two. 

Then highlighter yellow and white. 

There are four more uniforms getting revealed. My guess is white, yellow, kelly green and forest green.

On 6/26/2024 at 2:22 PM, Haywarduck said:

I agree, but that is why innovation is often left to the young. We are boxed in by what has been done, the youth can see, and ask why not about something we have never pondered.

I suppose I am the age of why do that, don't do that and being way too critical, but I am a bit older.

OtumF8.gif

image.gif.c01b9bace03020c094237d0cb1726112.gif

This video tells more of the story behind the new uniforms in less than two minutes...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I like them, the only thing that I'm sort of was concerned is the green outline of the numbers, it looks a little like the seahawks green, it might just be the silver inside the numbers, but overall I think they did a good job combining the styles of the past into one jersey, I'll be excited to see the other colors.

On 6/26/2024 at 6:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This video tell more of the story behind the new uniforms in less than two minutes...

I’m disappointed with the return of the diamond plate. They said that was to represent “standing on the shoulders of greats from the past.” In that case, I’d recommend moving the diamond plate design to the bottom of the cleats.

Other than that, I LOVE the all black with the green outlines.

Diamond Plate!!!!! Love it!! One of my favorite designs from the past 25 years, hands down.

On 6/26/2024 at 9:56 PM, spartan2785 said:

I like them, the only thing that I'm sort of was concerned is the green outline of the numbers, it looks a little like the seahawks green, it might just be the silver inside the numbers, but overall I think they did a good job combining the styles of the past into one jersey, I'll be excited to see the other colors.

The number outline looks like it comes from the jumpman uniforms worn against UCLA in 2018.

One of the earlier videos about the uniforms also said there is some desire to have the colors carry through from the other uniforms to make it easier to mix and match parts of uniforms. There might be some green pants a similar color.

Snag_482abf18.png

Helmet is cool, and the diamond plating is not much of the uniform.  But it is a good tribute, as that era placed us in the national eye.

Dennis Dixon_John Giustina (2).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck