Charles Fischer

QUAACK! Ducks Land Rivals 5-Star 2025 WR Dakorien Moore

Much Moore coming....  (Call him Duckorien Moore?)

WWW.ON3.COM

Explore Dakorien Moore's athlete profile at On3.com. Get news and insights into his playing career, statistics, and achievements in sports.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Love me some 5 star!

• Applause 1

This was primarily an Ohio State, Oregon and Texas battle.  To pull a 5-Star out of Texas from the Longhorns?  And this is not when they're down!  Sark had them in the final four last year, and is ranked in the top-ten this year, with it evident the program is on the rise. This kind of verbal is so damn hard to pull off...wowsa.

He also had offers from Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and USC.

Texas The Favorite To Land Five-Star WR Dakorien Moore After Decommitment  From LSU - Athlon Sports

Sure, I won't tell anyone that you're a DUCK!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/4/2024 at 8:12 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Love me some 5 star!

And they're probably guzzling cases of Lone Star Beer in Austin right now. 😍

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

This is THREE big recruits that decided on Oregon over Texas at the end?  Whew!

Texas Sour Grapes.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Oh Crap.  The announcements have now come down at the sites!

img_7870-jpeg.604499

Mr. FishDuck

The media jumped the gun, and we do NOT have an official announcement yet. 

The way this recruitment has gone?  

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Oh Yeah!

0aa39a06248a04515251b4967e24bc3a.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Apparently the media was told he would announce to Oregon, and when his mother moved up the time--they timed their announcements as well.  Problem is...the young man was not ready.

Below is an example of a premature announcement...

1720140684866-png.604527

Mr. FishDuck

Dak stated thus far in the press conference, that he is shutting down his recruitment 100% after this announcement. He is answering fan questions, and appears to be stalling so it gets dark enough for a Fireworks show after his announcement?  This is what some have speculated...

What a circus!

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

He A Duck.  It's Official.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

He took everyone outside to see some fireworks, and what followed was....GREEN SMOKE!

He's a Duck!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

OK...I'm going to go have an Oregon IPA....this was exhausting!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Green smoke, we got green smoke!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, blue smoke for a boy, pink smoke for a girl, white smoke for Pope, and green smoke for a Duck!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

I need some empty bottles... 

I think it's time to start collecting the tears from other fan bases. 

Bottles for USC, Washington and now Texas fans. Fill them up with their tears! 

• Haha 3

Green smoke is also a signal from the movie The Rock (a duck produced movie), but I digress.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bully Lanning.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

spacer.png

Edited by ElPatoUO
  • Cool 1

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Overcoming the odds again!

1000035052.png

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Wide Receiver Coach Junior Adams has been killing-it!

(I think I LOVE this guy...)

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

I had a gut feeling he was going to pick OBD despite what the prognosticators were saying about Texas. He expressed in an interview a desire to strike out a path of his own. Combine that with the fact that he visited Eugene several times already and it led to Sark being toast. 😃

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2024 at 10:12 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I Am Fired Up!

Think Dante. Akili, and QBs on the line are liking this? And will Stein, please pour yourself a glass (or 3 or 4) of fine Willemette Valley wine, the Finest Kind.

😍😍😍

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Enjoyed this one (Burnt Orange/TXFF):

"Sark lets these kids sort themselves out based on their personal priorities. If it's all about NIL, he's ok with letting them go so he can maintain his culture that's about education, development, and winning. In the long run, Sark's kids will be more stable and more coachable and less likely to hit the portal when someone else flashes a shiny object at them. He knows exactly what he's doing and I'm good with it."

Sark really must have figured something out the rest of college football coaches haven't ever considered: winning, development, and education. Whoa! Guy needs to do some coaching clinics and share these crazy ideas with the rest of college football!

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

On 7/4/2024 at 9:06 PM, AnotherOD said:

"Sark lets these kids sort themselves out based on their personal priorities. If it's all about NIL, he's ok with letting them go so he can maintain his culture that's about education, development, and winning. In the long run, Sark's kids will be more stable and more coachable and less likely to hit the portal when someone else flashes a shiny object at them. He knows exactly what he's doing and I'm good with it."

Those comments are pretty funny considering it was Sark & Texas that were one of the leaders in the NIL arms race.  One of the first organized NIL schemes (errr, deals) I remember hearing about was "The Pancake Factory", in which every Texas offensive lineman receives a payment of $50,000 annually.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2024 at 9:06 PM, AnotherOD said:

Sark really must have figured something out the rest of college football coaches haven't ever considered: winning, development, and education. Whoa! Guy needs to do some coaching clinics and share these crazy ideas with the rest of college football!

Remember in the age of NIL and recruiting pretty much all programs will look at each recruit the same way. 

Landing the Recruit - "we're awesome, he's coming here because we have a fantastic program and coaching staff and they bought into our vision for the future and love our tradition." 

Losing the recruiting - "We only lost because of NIL and we weren't willing to pay that price. Besides we don't want so-and-so because they're all about the money and our head coach doesn't want them because they won't fit our culture which is unique and special." 

The reality is that NIL comes into play with almost every recruit. Certainly every recruit that teams recruiting in the top 10 are after.

Each NIL group and coach will know what a player is worth and may opt to not match a bid if there are other targets that are greater priority. 

But in this case... Texas and Sark absolutely wanted Moore. We'll never know the NIL price tag or the back and forth that took place. But I'm sure when the smoke settled the NIL payouts were darn close if not exactly the same and it was coaching and connection that won out. 

By the sound of it this one came down to the wire.

On 7/4/2024 at 9:47 PM, David Marsh said:

Remember in the age of NIL and recruiting pretty much all programs will look at each recruit the same way. 

Landing the Recruit - "we're awesome, he's coming here because we have a fantastic program and coaching staff and they bought into our vision for the future and love our tradition." 

Losing the recruiting - "We only lost because of NIL and we weren't willing to pay that price. Besides we don't want so-and-so because they're all about the money and our head coach doesn't want them because they won't fit our culture which is unique and special." 

The reality is that NIL comes into play with almost every recruit. Certainly every recruit that teams recruiting in the top 10 are after.

Each NIL group and coach will know what a player is worth and may opt to not match a bid if there are other targets that are greater priority. 

But in this case... Texas and Sark absolutely wanted Moore. We'll never know the NIL price tag or the back and forth that took place. But I'm sure when the smoke settled the NIL payouts were darn close if not exactly the same and it was coaching and connection that won out. 

By the sound of it this one came down to the wire.

It’s still a strange phenomenon. Everyone vividly remembers them desperately wanting him 5 hours ago. Nobody hits 💯 on their prospects, it’s okay.

But clearly, he’s safe. Texas fans wouldn’t endorse trying to flip such a questionable culture fit. 😂 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Haha 1

This is a great pickup if the Ducks can hold him. I will caution however that "the wire" in recruiting is not in July and sources I've seen think that this one is far from over.

Having said that, I am much having him in the Duck camp and having to protect this asset than be on the outside looking in hoping for a later flip. 

• Thumbs Up 3

His Mom seemed to be all Texas, so I assumed Oregon would finish second.  What a nice surprise!  

Moms and Girlfriends are no longer undefeated in recruiting.  🤣

Edited by GeotechDuck

On 7/4/2024 at 5:28 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This is THREE big recruits that decided on Oregon over Texas at the end? 

How are SUCs fans handling this news?

On 7/4/2024 at 10:38 PM, criticalduck said:

How are SUCs fans handling this news?

I plan to look into this later, but I had spent hours keeping up on this recruitment between following two pay sites and posted them here, and I needed a break.

I especially want to get the reactions of Texas fans, as it’s going to be juicy!

Check back tomorrow…

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/4/2024 at 10:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I especially want to get the reactions of Texas fans, as it’s going to be juicy!

Texas just got their first glimpse of the Duck Star hovering over planet Longhorn and they’re currently a little shook.

• Thumbs Up 1

Came across this one of the other forums. 

image.thumb.png.d5bf56a66389713aaaa78769feca28d0.png

I know that Oregon doesn't like to get into a bidding war if they don't have to, especially this early. Oregon doesn't over pay either. 

I said it once earlier and I'll say it again ... The NIL was probably the same or darn close. 

• Thumbs Up 1

image.png.1d0faa5caa3d02e5b0dee1f8d53ffe0a.png

Apparently Lanning is from Florida... I know we lost the last two coaches to the state of Florida...

But not this time. 

I love angering the blue bloods who know nothing about us. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/5/2024 at 12:30 AM, David Marsh said:

image.png.1d0faa5caa3d02e5b0dee1f8d53ffe0a.png

Apparently Lanning is from Florida... I know we lost the last two coaches to the state of Florida...

But not this time. 

I love angering the blue bloods who know nothing about us. 

Nice collection of random words 😂 

Florida? Alma mater? Bouncing checks? Honestly?

Go home Derp, you’re drunk

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Great commitment!!!

Don't mess with Dan!

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The addition of Oregon, Washington, UCLA and USC to the Big Ten Conference is now official, but Oregon coach Dan Lanning has been working his recruiting magic for quite some time now.

Will Moore be drafted in the 1st round as predicted for 2 of OBD?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A pair of Oregon Ducks are projected to go in the first round of the 2025 NFL Draft, according to the latest mock from ESPN.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon Football's Recruiting Class Ranking Surges with Dakorien Moore's Commitment

"I’ve always wanted to be different,” Moore  said during his commitment live stream.  “I’ve always wanted to take my own path.”

Moore also talked about trusting everyone involved in the recruiting process from Eugene.  That’s something Duck fans have come to realize as well, that Dan Lanning and company aren’t just winning games on the field, they’re setting Oregon  up to “keep” winning with their recruiting.

Everyone ahead of the Ducks  has at least five more commits, except for Georgia who is at 17, just two more than UO.  If you sort by average ranking of the commits, Oregon  shoots to No. 1 with ON3 and NO. 2 with 247Sports behind Alabama, the latter being by one one-hundredth of point (94.11 to 94.10).

WWW.SI.COM

Oregon Football has a consensus top-five recruiting class, but where exactly does it fall and who is the biggest competition with...

NY Times confirms that Moore is on board the good ship Danno.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Moore, ranked No. 3 overall in the 247Sports Composite, is the fifth top-100 player and third five-star prospect in Oregon’s 2025 class.

Even though we’re 2-0 against Texas since 2000, I’m pretty sure they forgot we existed until yesterday.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 7/5/2024 at 10:09 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Even though we’re 2-0 against Texas since 2000, I’m pretty sure they forgot we existed until yesterday.

Aaah, no.  We stole two other big recruits from them recently, and one was truly at the last minute.  That is why this third one, a home state guy, was so painful to them.

This was one that stung them, and so was this one.

• Cool 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck