Steven A

QUAAACK! Ducks Get Verbal from 4-Star Interior Offensive Lineman Alai Kalaniuvalu

247SPORTS.COM

The four-star offensive lineman from Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman revealed his commitment to the Oregon Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

He is a Rivals 4-Star who visited Oregon, Utah and Michigan as the finalists. Other teams who offered were, Texas A&MLSU, Miami, USC, Washington, Ohio State, Penn StateAlabama and Georgia.

N.RIVALS.COM

Alai Kalaniuvalu - 2025 4 Star Offensive guard for Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) on Rivals.com

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Don't look now, but this boosts Oregon's National Ranking to No. 3 for the moment...

giphy.gif

Not that I think about that stuff at all...

• Salute 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

20240709_230431.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 3
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

You're listening to KDUK, where the hits just keep happening.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyone see that McNutt (one of the top safeties in the country) schedule a commitment date to July 19th. Two days after Pickett (July 17th). 

It kinda smells like a double five star commitment is coming soon. 

And with this new commitment... Oregon has momentum!!!! 

Nice to fill up a roster with big bodies that have potential, go Dan. NIL or not money does buy happiness.

The blue blood programs have been doing it for years. Now maybe it’s our turn to take advantage like never before.

Those programs, and we all know who they are, can 🍷 all they want. Quite frankly I don’t really give a Darn.

On 7/10/2024 at 3:33 PM, Charles Fischer said:

20240709_230431.jpg

This is epic!

Even after a multi day 100 degree heatwave, the grass is still looking damn green in Eugene.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/10/2024 at 6:58 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Even after a multi day 100 degree heatwave, the grass is still looking damn green in Eugene

And so is the color of our blood. Who needs to be blue when you’re a Duck!

So, this gets asked every couple of years.  And being that I'm 9/10ths the way to ancient, I think I can be forgiven for my forgetfulness.  

I've wondered why he's counted with 2025 commit ratings when he is going on a 2-year LDS mission?  He won't be on the team until 2027.  Also, when does he begin to count against the roster limit of 85?  '27, I assume.

So many questions.  So little brain left ...............................

On 7/10/2024 at 10:36 PM, Mudslide said:

So, this gets asked every couple of years.  And being that I'm 9/10ths the way to ancient, I think I can be forgiven for my forgetfulness.  

I've wondered why he's counted with 2025 commit ratings when he is going on a 2-year LDS mission?  He won't be on the team until 2027.  Also, when does he begin to count against the roster limit of 85?  '27, I assume.

So many questions.  So little brain left ...............................

The recruiting sites aren't in the business of predicting when/if recruits will show up at the schools they sign with (for whatever reason, including missions...kids can change their minds when it comes to that also), so they always count towards the class they sign with, regardless.

A signee doesn't count towards the scholarship limit until they actually enroll in school and become part of the team.

Needless to say, the whole mission aspect makes this verbal far less impactful than it otherwise would have been.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/10/2024 at 10:36 PM, Mudslide said:

I've wondered why he's counted with 2025 commit ratings when he is going on a 2-year LDS mission?  He won't be on the team until 2027. 

I think that since Bair was part of the 2024 class, he will be here in 2026 after his two year mission. Provided everyone sticks around, scary to think that Dallas Wilson and Dakorian Moore will have already been in the program for a year when Bair joins that WR room. 

Not sure who will be chucking the rock to them yet, but in a perfect world Dante Moore redshirts this year, breaks out in 2025 and leads Oregon to a NC in 2026.

• Thumbs Up 1

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's most recent commit is one of the best in program history

One of the best interior offensive lineman to verbal? Whew!

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/11/2024 at 7:30 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

in a perfect world Dante Moore redshirts this year

It would be great to keep Dante just under the threshold for a redshirt so that he can get some snaps to work on his game. Hopefully, Oregon can get a huge lead and Dante can play most of the second half in some of the earlier games so that he is ready, if needed.  

Shouldn’t be a problem against the cupcakes on our schedule like Oregon State…

Since USC pundits doesn’t have anything positive to say about their program they have to commiserate over Oregon’s success lol

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It’s a broken record, and it’s not going to stop this summer.