kirklandduck

College Football Chaos Begins! GT > FSU 24-21

Georgia Tech topples No. 10 FSU with a field goal at the end of regulation!

WWW.ESPN.COM

Box score for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Florida State...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

LOL. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch...Florida State are some of the most arrogant fans in college football.

Now I'll be cheering for Miami to lose their opener.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was practically a home game with all the FSU fans that made the trip.

This is good for them though. They don't have to worry about being disrespected as an undefeated at the end of the season now.

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/24/2024 at 12:54 PM, OregonDucks said:

Now I'll be cheering for Miami to lose their opener.

But if Florida loses to a Cristobal led Miami team they might be in the market for a new coach ... 

Potentially a coach who is an alumni and currently resides in Washington. 

So I'm rooting for a Miami win because it might lead to more Husky tears! 

On 8/24/2024 at 1:15 PM, David Marsh said:

it might lead to more Husky tears! 

You mean ewe dub is a stepping stone program.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bring on losses by Miami and all teams not in the B1G!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I almost feel a little bit small regarding how much pleasure I derive from FSU losing today.

For me, it's made even better due to the fact that they lost on a 'walk-off field goal,' to an unranked team (it's still baseball season so a mixed metaphor seems like the right thing).

On 8/24/2024 at 2:26 PM, Desert Duck said:

... a 'walk-off field goal,' ...

Very good!

I think we got the better brother between DJU & Matayo. 🤣

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

SMU ...a 27-1/2 pt favorite....survives in Reno scoring the winning TD 29-24 with under two minutes remaining.  Never led until that score.  Start of fourth Q it was 14-24.

Well with the playoff expanded it leaves everything still in their hands. Win the ACC and they'll get a top four seed. But I'm sure they have a million excuses as to why they lost to a middling Tech team. As much as I don't like Finebaum and his SEC bias, I can't wait to hear him laughing about this.

A couple comments about the game:

1) The beauty of the 12-team playoff is FSU (and any other one loss team) has everything to play for still.

2) A GT “home” game in . . . Dublin, Ireland. Is this a joke? The common folk are already getting priced out of watching college football in person, now some games will be played on the other side of the earth? Sorry, but I don’t feel that strongly about sharing college football with the rest of the world.

3) Nothing against the young man, but I’m glad DJ to Oregon never materialized.

Edited by cartm25
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dublin 2025:  Iowa St vs Kansas St

Dublin 2026:  ?

Dublin 2027:  Wisconsin vs Pitt

Today, at Midnight Eastern time Delaware St played Hawaii in Honolulu.   The game was scheduled to end about 3:15 am Eastern.

There is 6 hours time difference between Delaware and Hawaii.  The game kicked at 6:00 pm local, getting over about 9:15 pm local.

There is 5 hours time difference between Tallahassee/Atlanta and Dublin.

On 8/24/2024 at 4:45 PM, criticalduck said:

Another heavily favored ACC team almost lost yesterday with SMU coming back in the 2nd half for a close win in Reno against Nevada. 

I had a lot going on yesterday, I just watched the FSU/GT game tape.

THAT, but for 3 FG tries of +50 yards, 2 good, was an old-school football game. Only 7 possessions for both teams. And passing 'attacks' that took the game back to before HUNH spread Os. A game won on the LOS by terrific O-line play from a team coached by an O-line guy who looked like he found his attire in a Dublin thrift store. 

The ACC almost had 2 upsets yesterday with SMU having to come back to win by 5 and not the 27.5 the Ponies were favored by. (Do not overlook Boise State. Rob broke a cardinal rule: Never Ever schedule Boise State.)

But as noted above, FSU and SMU are still in the hunt for an ACC title and top 4 playoff seed. FSU with college football's best D-line (LOL!) will get it figured out and play better together. But the O looked bad. Traditionalists had to love the fact that highly rated transfers do not ipso facto play together come game day. Which newbie takes the leadership role, the guy making the most money? 

FSU rights the ship, wins the ACC, and is a top 4 seed with a bye, no one will remember this game. But FSU used its playoff at-large mulligan and had better discover a passing attack. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok...threads like this is one of my favorite aspects of the FishDuck Forum.

Instead of posting HAHA'S (😆) on each comment just need to let y'all know I am literally laughing my butt off at most of these...to the point my dog is looking funny at me wondering if I have finally, indeed, lost it!

Keep us laughing Duck Ppls!

On 8/24/2024 at 3:45 PM, criticalduck said:

I am rooting for Utah.

How funny would it be if Oregon and Utah won their new conference championships?! Not bad from that soft, second tier conference out West.  

• Let’s hope! 1

On 8/25/2024 at 2:14 AM, HDuck said:

Today, at Midnight Eastern time Delaware St played Hawaii in Honolulu.   The game was scheduled to end about 3:15 am Eastern.

There is 6 hours time difference between Delaware and Hawaii.  The game kicked at 6:00 pm local, getting over about 9:15 pm local.

Not to mention the 11+ hour flight from Delaware to Hawaii! It’s far from the west coast, although I’d much prefer Hawaii to Ireland…

On 8/25/2024 at 9:37 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I had a lot going on yesterday, I just watched the FSU/GT game tape.

THAT, but for 3 FG tries of +50 yards, 2 good, was an old-school football game. Only 7 possessions for both teams. And passing 'attacks' that took the game back to before HUNH spread Os.

LOL. Sounds like watch a soccer match (aka football).

If college football wants to bring in fans from other nations, they should have sent better or more entertaining teams…

On 8/25/2024 at 9:22 AM, OregonDucks said:

LOL. Sounds like watch a soccer match (aka football).

If college football wants to bring in fans from other nations, they should have sent better or more entertaining teams…

I think it’s more of a tourism ad than converting the Irish to American football. My brother and I looked at flights to Dublin yesterday, coincidence?

I thought that was a fun game, and I don’t think FSU is making the playoff. Line play is questionable and they can’t throw down field, very bad combo.

My other takeaway is DJ is not up to snuff, yet he was the starter for Beavis last year. Their apparent starter this year was 3rd string (at best) behind DJ and a kid out of HS and has probably already reached his ceiling.

Can’t wait to see the Beavis offense.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain