Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread for Civil War: Join Us!

On 9/14/2024 at 2:06 PM, kirklandduck said:

That’s not roughing the passer or targeting. Garbage call.

I've never agreed with anything more!

• Thumbs Up 1

It could be worse.  Washington is down at halftime in the Apple Cup...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:17 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Didn’t expect to be fearing third and long on D in year three with Lanning.

Yes, we've let them have a number of 3rd down conversions through horrible tackling, with the 3rd or 4th guy having to finish the job.  I know time of possession doesn't always tell the tale, but they had the ball 21 minutes to our 9, because we just can't stop them when we should because the defense is playing so soft.   

We needed to put a stop to the story line that we can't put a complete game together, but this week it seems to be the defense taking a game off tackling. 

Edited by MikeJ

Prior to this game, in 2024 season, Oregon State was 7th best nationally in third down conversions....this game 6 of 9.

Prior to this game, Oregon State was 4th in shortest distance needed to convert a third down.  In this game it seems like most of their thirds are 3 yds or under.

Prior to this game, Oregon State led nation in time of possession.  20:54 vs 9:06 (Oregon) in first half.

On 9/14/2024 at 5:16 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Just time to regroup and make any necessary changes during halftime. I knew this was going to be a tough game.

The thing is, this really shouldn't be a tough game, it's a rivalry game yes, it's on the road, and I actually think Bray is going to be a good coach, but we have a MASSIVE talent advantage, and we are consistently not playing up to what the talent should be. 

We have a roster that is now almost entirely 4/5 star guys, but they don't play like it consistently, that's a huge problem, a lot of that is on coaching not getting these guys in the right mindset to dominate and finish every single play.  We're great at times, but then we lose containment, we look to deliver a big hit instead of wrapping up, we don't do the fundamentals with intensity, and it shows through in our inability to finish drives.

Offense looks great though, so there's the positive, but this game should be over, or at least over after we score on the opening drive of the second half. 

• Applause 1

When are we going to have a complete game on both sides of the ball, that is the question.  I guess this is the nature of CFB, but surely hoped the talent advantage would change that this year, oh well.   Time to re-up on the aspirins!

Tough time to miss your first pass.

Can the defense hold Oregon State?

Fine with that, just a bad time to finally be off target, but they kept the momentum going with the offense

amazing how much better it is with Strother in instead of Pickard.  The Beavs D-line though might simply be a lot worse than Boise

Nice start, good tackle on 3rd down

Now go get a touchdown!

I really think he was in on that first attempt, super athletic play.  They should have taken another look. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2024 at 2:45 PM, spartan2785 said:

Fine with that, just a bad time to finally be off target, but they kept the momentum going with the offense

amazing how much better it is with Strother in instead of Pickard.  The Beavs D-line though might simply be a lot worse than Boise

Yeah it is. But maybe not shocking given that Nishad was an experienced starter at East Carolina playing LG while Pickard is a lifetime walk on (probably for good reason).

Offensive line has come to play.  What a turn around!  Can't wait to see Charles' weekly OL analysis, if they can keep it up....

Edited by OregonDucks

Love the offense in this game, playing with purpose, control, timing, we could be so scary if the O-line can be just above average

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon's defense has played better in the second half.  Tacklers wrapping up, eliminating YAC.  

Would like to see more sacks and TFLs from our defensive line.

Edited by OregonDucks

VERY NICE 3rd quarter by OBD!

15 more minutes!  Don’t let up!

• Thumbs Up 1

If they score another TD then I’d like to see Dante Moore and Austin Novasad get some game time snaps.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/14/2024 at 5:22 PM, kirklandduck said:

If they score another TD then I’d like to see Dante Moore and Austin Novasad get some game time snaps.

Moore time?!

If so, hopefully they let him throw some passes...

Edited by OregonDucks

Thankfully the "replacement players" have left the building/field.

Welcome Back OG Oregon Ducks players!

THIS is what I've been waiting to see this season!

🦆🏈🔥

So, I’m wondering whether all of the negative posters above in this thread are going to come back and compliment the defense for their performance now that the sore is 46-14?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/14/2024 at 6:36 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

So, I’m wondering whether all of the negative posters above in this thread are going to come back and compliment the defense for their performance now that the sore is 46-14?

I wanted to see a no TD performance with turnovers that lead to scores. I didn’t see it. OSU’s lack of talent and depth helped the Ducks defense immensely. I do like the fact that they finished with a dominant 2nd half, though. I do hope that they’re trending upward. They will need perfection against Ohio State.

On 9/14/2024 at 2:45 PM, spartan2785 said:

Naw,

That was strictly poor performance last week. The line met the standard this week.  Boise State isn't capable of stopping OBD when they play like this. 

This is what the nation expected out of OBD. 

• Applause 2

On 9/14/2024 at 3:36 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

Good question.  

I see a nice nap Bruin and I have my Cover. 😍

Game ball goes to the offensive line.  What a turn around!

• Thumbs Up 1

This needs to be an annual occurrence. I’m talking about the 35 point win.

Time to finish the game thread and start discussing on the front page!

Mr. FishDuck