Jon Joseph

New AP Poll - Ducks Stay at No. 9 - Kind of A Crime!

Post Week 3 AP Poll - 7 B1G Teams Ranked

APNEWS.COM

The official page for the AP Top 25 college football poll, a tradition since 1936. Keep up to date and view the latest ranking updates each week.

OBD has a win over No. 27 Boise State. Teams ranked above the Ducks, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and Miami have no significant wins. Miami defeated a 1-2 Florida. Missouri finally played a P4 opponent ranked behind Boise and struggled to put the Eagles away at home. 

I have no beef with the ranking of Texas, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee, all with quality P4 victories. 

The SEC wheat will start to be separated from the chaff when No. 6 Tennessee visits No. 15 Oklahoma on Saturday, but all the other ranked SEC teams play inferior opponents. 

The B1G sees No. 11 USC, (being undefeated with a victory over LSU does not move SC up) at No. 18 Michigan, and No. 24 Illinois at No. 22 Nebraska. 

The only thing that I think we can complain about is Miami jumping us and taking the #8 spot. 

But right now, after our rough outings in weeks 1 & 2, we're about where we should be. 

Just keep winning, baby, and all will be made right. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

I apologize to OBD Forum friends, but I believe the AP Poll and the Committee Poll when they are released, deserve to be highlighted, easily found, and discussed. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

No problems at all with where we are

Don’t like it? Nobody else has as pathetic a showing as Idaho.

We barely deserve to be top 10

You have to show up every game.

If we want to move back up, we should demolish UCLA and MSU by 40+

Edited by spartan2785

On 9/15/2024 at 1:02 PM, spartan2785 said:

If we want to move back up, we should demolish UCLA and MSU by 40+

Definitely possible against UCLA. Michigan State has started okay, but the Ducks need to remind Jonathan that even though he has a different State team now, he'll always be Little brother. 

• Applause 1

I am not worried, as we have a perfect schedule for proving ourselves, and moving up if we keep winning.

Oregon vs Oregon State: College football live updates, score

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Calling it now. Ducks vs Miami Playoffs 1st round

• Applause 1

As a little nugget in the AP ranking, the 63 voters range from No. 4 to No. 13.   The lone vote at No. 13 is the UW beat writer at the Seattle Times.   A graduate of UW, and student paper sports editor while he was there.

• Haha 1

I am not worried, as we have a perfect schedule for proving ourselves, and moving up if we keep winning.

Oregon vs Oregon State: College football live updates, score

Post marked as "moderated" by Charles Fischer09/15/2024 01:50 PM
Love the pic. Lunar has made the coaches praise

• Great pic Charles. Limar has made the coaches praise his name two weeks in a row now. I say award this man with more touches!

We should not be worried at all, if we deserve to be in the playoffs we’ll be in the playoffs, if we deserve to have a bye I think we’ll get it.

I don’t think there will be much bias, USC is the only team where I think you could make an argument where they are getting screwed, even then I don’t think LSU is much better than 7th in the SEC

As both Idaho and Boise continue to win, our wins will look better.

As we keep winning and improving we also will look better.

Sept rankings are meaningless. 

Just win baby. Just keep winning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2024 at 4:03 PM, DanLduck said:

As both Idaho and Boise continue to win, our wins will look better.

As we keep winning and improving we also will look better.

Sept rankings are meaningless. 

Just win baby. Just keep winning. 

PS  the Beavers aren't good this year.

I feel sorry for Kentucky-lost to GA by 1 point and held them to 13

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2024 at 7:18 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I feel sorry for Kentucky-lost to GA by 1 point and held them to 13

So do I. They were dominant in the trenches and their offense did a great job. Frankly I was shocked at how overpowered GA looked through most of the game. They're lucky not to have dropped further in the poll.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

This occurrence might mean Lanning needs to run up scores by not kneeling at end of games, which he does a lot in scoring territory.  Guys like Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden never cared about feelings by scoring late in clear winning positions.   It’s possible this ranking perception could keep Oregon out if is a 2 loss team.

On 9/16/2024 at 8:34 AM, AllOregon said:

Guys like Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden never cared about feelings by scoring late in clear winning positions.   It’s possible this ranking perception could keep Oregon out if is a 2 loss team.

You make a good point. But Charles wouldn't have won the prediction contest if Oregon had scored more. 

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1

Control what you can control.  September polls don't mean much.

Last week's #9 ranking was a bit generous if you ask me after the way we looked against Idaho and BSU.  Kind of sucks to get leap-frogged by Miami, but in all honesty they've played much better as a whole than we have up to now.

IF (and it's a big if) we are 6-0 after tOSU game then we'll be back in the top 5 for sure, probably top 3.  Even if we lose to tOSU (unless it's a blow-out) we're still probably top 10 and favored to win every game on the rest of our schedule except maybe Michigan in the Big House.

I guess my point is that whether we're #3 or #9 after week 3 just doesn't matter much.  If we're out of the top 10, then that's another matter.