Steven A

Et Tu Pac 12, Mountain West Set to Use "Your" Exit Fees as Signing Bonuses

KARMA has a new definition

WWW.DESERET.COM

Both UNLV and Air Force will reportedly receive between $25-30 million to stay in the Mountain West.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The PAC 2 leadership took another misstep in expansion. So PACish....

Under the cover of darkness and with great stealth they stole 4 MWC teams. In a business sense they SNUBBED the remaining MWC schools.

These business clowns should have invited 6 teams under the cover of darkness. Then they would have the 8 teams needed to be a league.

It is rich that their stolen funds are now being used against them.

Barring a rabbit out of the hat, that 8th school will either be a weak addition or a non football school like the ZAGS.

The weak decisions keep coming.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The weak decisions do keep coming, and adding some of these “state” institutions has got to be killing their “academic prowess” as well.

It must be their academic prowess that has them convinced that a bunch of G5 schools will get reclassified as P4 schools.  

Don’t see that happening…

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is Texas State the prize now??   Man, this just keeps getting better.  😂

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.33.31 AM.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like pigs in a slowly boiling pot, blissfully unaware of how much their environment is deteriorating.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They are blissful! And when the money runs out? It'll again be UO, UW, USC, and UCLA's fault for not making enough money for them to just throw into the firepit of mismanagement!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/26/2024 at 1:27 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Is Texas State the prize now??   Man, this just keeps getting better.  😂

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.33.31 AM.jpeg

Cam Ward recommends Incarnate Word.

• Haha 2

From what I read, the mountain West played a role in this too. PAC2 had to pay $14 million this year to schedule mountain West teams. PAC2 offered 7.5 million for the 2026 season, and the mountain west countered with 30 million. That's when the PAC2 went pillaging.

When the Pac demanded $50 million, and Apple eventually offered $20-22M with no linear, that's when the Big12, Big Ten, and ACC went pillaging.

The parties in a negotiation have to respect their own value, and neither low ball or high ball the other party or the outcome is what nobody wanted.

I should feel disgusted with the glee, and enjoyment I am getting from this. It is a good thing I never said I was noble…

Fantastic entertainment during the bye week!

Their own stolen money being used against them? You can’t make this stuff up!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Like I said before, MW should take the $ they (will) get from Pig2 to buy/keep teams.   Now they are doing it.  Love it.   Both have 7 teams now, 1 short of requirement.   It would be fun to see which one becomes their target and how high the bid goes.   Let me make more pop corns!

Edited by DuckFan93

On 9/26/2024 at 10:54 AM, CountryProf said:

That's when the PAC2 went pillaging.

Pillaging 4 teams is like throwing 5 yards short of the sticks on 4th down.  That’s the best / funniest part about this!  They stole less than they needed to be viable.  How do you not make sure that you have 6 teams lined up before you do something like this?  What a gross error in judgment.  

On 9/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, GeotechDuck said:

What a gross error in judgment.

Nah, just typical Pac game-play dating back to Larry's first day.

• Haha 1