30Duck

Michigan at Washington: Good...Bad and Ugly

Michigan Wolverines - Wikipedia

Sad Husky by LightLuxCollie -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Yes, it was fun seeing the Cougs beat em, then knowing what it felt like to have their former coach lead Alabama to a win over Georgia. Now Michigan comes, the Rematch. Michigan will win again. 

Edited by 30Duck
  • Applause 1

There was so much bad & ugly I forgot the most recent loss, to Rutgers, a football power. In the roaring 20's. Looking at Washington's schedule, this is the only Bowl in their future.

Why Won't My Husky Drink Water - Cracking The Mystery!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2024 at 2:51 PM, 30Duck said:

this is the only Bowl in their future.

As it should be.

You know there is something Michigan has a big advantage in. 

When they hold up their hands in an M they are boths supporting their team and dissing the Huskies at the same time with an upside-down W. 

I just checked the betting line and Washington by 2.5??? That seems like a stretch. 

Michigan is one dimensional sure... But I think they'll beat the Huskies. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
On 10/1/2024 at 3:12 PM, David Marsh said:

I just checked the betting line and Washington by 2.5??? That seems like a stretch. 

It is.5 lower than the usual home field advantage teams get, so that makes sense. The one good thing to come from a Michigan loss is what that says about USC.

Edited by 30Duck

I actually have uw winning this one. It’s not that I think the fuskies are better. I just think Michigan’s one-dimensional offense is going to catch up with them in Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2024 at 6:02 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I actually have uw winning this one. It’s not that I think the fuskies are better

Statistically, the fuskies are better, but mistakes, penalties have cost them against WSU and Rutgers.. On offense, Michigan averages 115 passing yards, 195 on the ground.

Washington passes for 296, runs for 173. On defense, Washington gives up 128 in the air, 122 on the ground. Michigan is 1 dimensional on defense too, allowing 249 in the air, 68 on the ground. 

• Applause 2

On 10/1/2024 at 8:23 PM, 30Duck said:

Statistically, the fuskies are better, but mistakes, penalties have cost them against WSU and Rutgers.. On offense, Michigan averages 115 passing yards, 195 on the ground.

Washington passes for 296, runs for 173. On defense, Washington gives up 128 in the air, 122 on the ground. Michigan is 1 dimensional on defense too, allowing 249 in the air, 68 on the ground. 

But Michigan should dominate the line of scrimmage... 

And that might shake up the stats. Washington hasn't been tested by a ranked team yet... And they have two losses. 

I'll probably end up being wrong.

• Let’s hope! 1

On 10/1/2024 at 8:26 PM, David Marsh said:

I hope not. The LOS usually determines a game. UM has been more disciplined than UW this season. It will hardly be revenge for the Natty, but as far as hunger goes, UW probably has that. UM should rule the LOS and TOP. Ground it out, UM!

Oh boy.   Im gonna take the points and bet on this one!!

The thing about Debar is he was at Fresno State longer than he was at Mont lake. Deboer wasn't the dawgs coach who they lost as much as he was just traveling through along to his next destination. 

He was associated with Sioux Falls for 10 years, Fresno State for 3 years, the dawgs 2 years. Deboer was like Mario, or Slick to us. He ran away from the dawg job faster than Peteresen, but if I was the dawg program I would start to have issues with coaches leaving, if they are any good. The only coach who wants to stay at uw is the losers they keep hiring.

The only hand sign the dawg program should be associated with is.....especially any of the mens programs.

istockphoto-104774765-612x612.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 2:51 PM, 30Duck said:

There was so much bad & ugly I forgot the most recent loss, to Rutgers, a football power. In the roaring 20's. Looking at Washington's schedule, this is the only Bowl in their future.

Why Won't My Husky Drink Water - Cracking The Mystery!

This bowl may be as good as it gets for Fusky 

image.jpeg.29d0558cd0c3dfe7af0b086e85eda8f1.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2024 at 11:26 PM, David Marsh said:

But Michigan should dominate the line of scrimmage... 

And that might shake up the stats. Washington hasn't been tested by a ranked team yet... And they have two losses. 

Belichick the younger has done a terrific job cableing together a defense. Michigan will not get every home-field call as it did vs SC and Minnesota's on-side kick should have given the Gophers a chance to win the game. As 30 noted, UW outgained both WSU and Rutgers; in the case of the Scarlet Knights by 200 yards. Screw-ups on O have hurt the Huskies. 

Even with 2Ls, QB Will Rogers, who transferred in from Mississippi State, and RB Jonah Coleman who followed Fisch from Arizona, are legit. The last game of the regular season will not, IMO, be a walk-over. 

Rutgers is not but could be ranked. Miami was darn lucky to defeat a VA Tech team at home which Rutgers defeated on the road. 

Michigan? To me, the Wolverines are the Prima Donna of the conference in which OBD now plays ball. "We are Michigan! We do not play on Friday night!" "42 rushes against USC and not one holding call, our entirely new starting OL is simply that legit!" 

GAG ME WITH A 'MICHIGAN MAN!' 

Fisch is a very good coach. UW with 1 starter back (!) is playing a lot better than I thought it would. 

SPANK SPARTY!

• Great post! 1

UW lost their starting DL for the year to an Achilles injury.  They are already limited in their depth and given Michigan's running attack, this is going to be a challenge for the UW front.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/jayvon-parker-joins-twin-brother-on-sideline-as-uw-starter-suffers-injury/#:~:text=Fisch announced Monday that Parker,first game of the season.

• Thanks 1

As fun as it is to watch them suffer at others' hands, it always feels a bit empty.   I'd much rather watch OBD obliterate them.   Hope the two programs continue to trend in current directions and we can do that this year!

On 10/2/2024 at 12:38 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Ktmguy2018 noted, "UW lost their starting DL for the year to an Achilles injury.  They are already limited in their depth and given Michigan's running attack, this is going to be a challenge for the UW front."

Agree, but the Huskies still have Jacob Bandes on the D-Line, and it seems like he has been there forever. When he was recruited, he might have been the #1 D-Lineman on the West Coast. He has been up-and-down, but he will require a consistent double team.

The Huskies are going to be difficult to predict this year, game-to-game. Just plan on out-strategizing them, win the lines-of-scrimmage, and pull a rabbit out of our hat successfully. Be ready for anything and everything because beating OBD can make the Husky season and hurt ours.

VR,

KCDuck1 Go Ducks! Win Ducks, Win!

On 10/2/2024 at 12:38 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with the calls on Michigan State at Oregon and the UM at UW game, the Miami at Cal, I'll believe it when I see it. 

WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

A rematch of last season's national championship game is on the docket this weekend.

Friend 30 - Thanks for the post. 

Mizzou - A Charmin Soft schedule before this game including BC at home with at UMASS in late November left fot these 'Tigers' playing for the John Adams Pillow Fight Trophy?

I like the Aggies to win in College Station and expose Mizzou like Ole Miss was exposed last week at home by KY. Mizzou's conference schedule and OOC schedule are a jest. Both N0. 16 out of 16 in the SEC. 

Louisville. - An overrated IMO, sorry Tyler takes back-to-back Ls. Leaving Miami with ZERO ranked teams on its schedule.

tOSU - Defeats Iowa but no cover, as Ryan Day prepares for the trip to Eugene with OBD having an extra day's rest. 😁 Ditto Oregon? OBD wins but will Danno given the chance, run it up or rest his guys?

Ole Miss at USC(E) - Recall that USC(E) drilled KY on the road and without a bad call would have defeated LSU in Columbia. The Gamecocks were idle last week with time to digest KY's win in Oxford. Like FSU, is Ole Miss's sum of its NIL parts as good as preseason projected?

Indiana at NW. I (reluctantly) cop to being alive and drawing breath and recalling Indiana's 1967 run to the Rose Bowl under Coach John Pont. In the 1968 Rose Bowl game, USC 'undercovered' 14 to 3; OJ, for lack of a better candidate,  was the game's MVP.  This Saturday, the Hoosiers win and cover on the shores of Lake Michigan. 

MIA? 7 plus minutes to overturn a call that had VA Tech winning in Coral Gables. COME ON CFB! It took 7 minutes to witness INCONTROVERTIBLE  VISUAL EVIDENCE to hand Miami a W?  Replay brought to you by Mr. Magoo? Mr. ESPN?

CAL has played against Cam Ward. Will the GameDay 'blessed' Golden Bears win? I do not know but IMO the Bears cover the +12.5. [BTW, ESPN comes West to cover 2 ACC teams it broadcasts so it can 'justify' being in Dallas and not Eugene next Saturday?]

UPSET ALERT - The No. 4 Vols at the Hogs. A 10-point win against O-challenged Oklahoma moves a team to No. 4? OK, I guess?

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1

On 10/2/2024 at 3:54 PM, Jon Joseph said:

ESPN comes West to cover 2 ACC teams it broadcasts so it can 'justify' being in Dallas and not Eugene next Saturday?]

Texas - Oklahoma over Ohio State- Oregon would be beyond ridiculous. A neutral site game between No.1 and No.21 over a home crowd for the Top 6 match-up between the two best teams in the B1G?

• Thumbs Up 1

Washington coach Jedd Fisch focusing on Michigan run game in National Championship rematch

You, think?

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2024 at 3:54 PM, Jon Joseph said:

ESPN comes West to cover 2 ACC teams it broadcasts so it can 'justify' being in Dallas and not Eugene next Saturday?

I doubt we see game day all that often under the current set of contracts. ESPN is shut out of broadcasting B1G games. So if they do a game day at a B1G school they are promoting a game they can't carry and don't have any additional broadcasting rights to.

• Thumbs Up 1