kirklandduck

The Ohio State WAAAH-mbulance Continues...

They just can't accept that they lost.

Preemptive strike for OSU loss to PSU?

What's funny is that there are a handful of calls against the new B1G members, for all their games, that give the other B1G teams an advantage!

I was at the Purdue game and those "official reviews" where the calls "stand" took some advantage from OBD. Luckily we have an ace up our collect sleeve, Dan Lanning, which was enough to neutralize their "incompetence." Watch for the phantom calls/non-calls in every game.

Let's GO Ducks! Take the B1G pond!!

Edited by criticalduck

Why would anyone doubt these guys?

After Buck-I-Guy embarrassment, Big Nut offers perspective | The Blade

I still want to know...who is Larry, Curley, and Moe?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/22/2024 at 2:34 PM, criticalduck said:

Watch for the phantom calls/non-calls in every game.

USC lost two games on non-calls that gave opponents touchdowns, as did the non-call on Bassa's interception in the Buckeye's first drive.  This is serious stuff that they do not appear to be interested in correcting. We are being set up to be...

giphy.gif

• Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

Watched the 60 minute replay on B1G the other night. One of the plays before the last play, the officials never started the clock... or at least that is what showed on the TV info. One play and no time ran off the clock.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jeez, let it go, Ryan, let it go; it's over. Try winning the next game, instead. This guy is stuck in his own head.

The referee has to blow the play dead before a timeout can be issued. Just because a freeze frame showed :01 on the clock with the QB’s shin on the ground doesn’t mean that there was a full second. There may have been a few tenths left. Not enough time for a referee to blow the play dead before the clock hit :00.

The funny thing is I heard this from a Buckeyes fan who obviously had enough of his fellow fan’s whining.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2024 at 4:54 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

There may have been a few tenths left. Not enough time for a referee to blow the play dead before the clock hit :00.

I'm surprised tat while it was at it, the NCAA didn't mandate that the clocks go to10th's like basketball does. 95% of the time the clock is at 0 before every play starts. 

Edited by 30Duck

Timeouts aren’t like shots off of a shooters fingertips in basketball. The refs don’t review for the exact second the knee went down and match it with when the coaches fingertip hits his palm to see if the timeout was called with tenths of seconds left on the clock. The only scenario I could see where that would happen is if it’s was an ACC crew in a Miami game.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:40 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The only scenario I could see where that would happen is if it's was an ACC crew in a Miami game.

There's still time. 

Ryan Day Translation: 

"Oh please, oh please, don't fire me. I promise I can win a big game." 

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2024 at 9:23 PM, Desert Duck said:

Ryan Day Translation: 

"Oh please, oh please, don't fire me. I promise I can win a big game." 

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I hope?"

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, Coach Day will not improve until he looks internally at the issues (e.g., clock management) and makes corrections. The more he focuses on the refs and things outside of his control, the better for the Ducks and all of the other talented teams he will play.

I'm sorry, my TV coverage switched to Heidi when ohio state MADE the 47 yd FG with no time left!!!

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:34 PM, Gotcha said:

Watched the 60 minute replay on B1G the other night. One of the plays before the last play, the officials never started the clock... or at least that is what showed on the TV info. One play and no time ran off the clock.

From the Big Ten on the matter:

Ryan Day Contacts Big Ten Office Over Final Play of Oregon Game

On the last play of the Oregon vs. Ohio State game, Howard ran up the middle as the clock was running down. Ohio State was creeping into field goal range to attempt kick a game-winning field goal, but the clock ran out after Howard slid down. Coach Day claims that there was still time on the clock when Howard went down, but the referees determined the clock ran out.

Per Ohio State beat writer Dan Hope, Buckeyes coach Ryan Day sent the final play of the Oregon game to the Big Ten Conference. Day was trying to make the case that there was still a second on the clock when Howard slid and Ohio State called a timeout in time. The Big Ten shut this down and said there was no time on the clock.

If Day cannot get past this, he will lose another game.  Hopefully to either PSU or Indiana.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ref: Emotional foul, illegal dominance Oregon. A tissue will be placed at the spot of the foul.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 10/23/2024 at 8:51 AM, Steven A said:

I'm sorry, my TV coverage switched to Heidi when ohio state MADE the 47 yd FG with no time left!!!

OK...I loved this, but the reference is a little dated for many here....isn't it?

WWW.HISTORY.COM

On November 17, 1968, the Oakland Raiders score two touchdowns in nine seconds to beat the New York Jets—and no one sees it, because they’re watching the movie Heidi instead...

I never understood it all, since I tuned in to watch Heidi.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2024 at 8:53 AM, NJDuck said:

The Big Ten shut this down and said there was no time on the clock.

This makes me less worried about Oregon being treated as the newcomer this season. Ohio State was told to "Move on" here. It will take Miami type saving all game to keep No Pass Michigan in the game. 

At some point you have to move on, right Mr. Day?  You have a game this Saturday that has nothing to do with what happened two weeks ago.  

If you lose to Nebraska this week,  is it gonna be because you thought the refs made the wrong call in the Oregon game and your teams psyche is so fragile that they couldn't cope??

Guess what.  Oregon isn't Akron or Western Michigan who you dominated and Oregon didn't just relinquish the game to you.   We hit you in the mouth when you hit us in the mouth.  

It's not like a Pass Interference call was overturned because fans threw a bunch of bottles in the field....like THAT would never happen!!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2024 at 10:43 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

If you lose to Nebraska this week, 

It could happen. Alabama was favored by 23.5 over Vandy, OSU is currently at -25.5 over Nebraska in what seems to me an easy cover, just saw that DeBoer will probably survive this week, Missouri's leading RB probably won't play.

DeForest Buckner Wins Oregon Ducks Mascot Costume Bet vs. Ohio State Teammate

Former Oregon Ducks defensive lineman DeForest Buckner and his Indianapolis Colts teammate Tyquan Lewis made a bet for the Oregon vs. Ohio State game on October 12th. Lewis, a former Buckeye, paid up today in a hilarious moment, channelling the Oregon Duck mascot, in the Colts media room.

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Ducks took down the Ohio State Buckeyes on October 12th, 32-31. Current Indianapolis Colts teammates, former Duck...

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 3