30Duck

Dan Mullen Cautions Duck Fans

Say it ain't so, Dan!

“Remember, early in the season, they weren’t clicking on all cylinders. So I think as this goes on, and it wears down, the mental fatigue, the injuries that you get beat up as the season goes on, there is a chance they lose a game.”

(Photo: James Gilbert | Getty Images)

Oh paleese!!

Not hardly, not this week!!

Go Ducks!! Show all them pundits who's the boss!!

Dan’s right. CFB is more like the NFL now. I see the Ducks ending the regular season with at least one loss.

I've said several times that I'd not be surprised by an upset few of us foresee. My biggest candidate, Camp Randall and the Badgers in November. Madison is a tough place to play and a long way from home with possible inclement weather and a rapidly improving (I think) bunch of nasty tempered diggers. Plus, Luke Fickell's teams are quite capable of being a thorn in anyone's sides. That's the major reason OSU would not schedule in-state Cincinnati when Fickell coached there.

Again, I am not predicting a loss, just saying I'd not be shocked if it comes to pass.

Go Ducks!!!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2024 at 10:19 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I've said several times that I'd not be surprised by an upset few of us foresee. My biggest candidate, Camp Randall and the Badgers in November. Madison is a tough place to play and a long way from home with possible inclement weather and a rapidly improving (I think) bunch of nasty tempered diggers. Plus, Luke Fickell's teams are quite capable of being a thorn in anyone's sides. That's the major reason OSU would not schedule in-state Cincinnati when Fickell coached there.

Again, I am not predicting a loss, just saying I'd not be shocked if it comes to pass.

Go Ducks!!!

Agree on Camp Randall…..that’s the game I’m most concerned about. A very tough place to play and from here on out Oregon will have target on its back.

Going undefeated is a great goal, and the Ducks have a shot, but there is a lot of football left. 

On 10/25/2024 at 11:18 PM, DUCKED said:

Agree on Camp Randall…..that’s the game I’m most concerned about. A very tough place to play and from here on out Oregon will have target on its back.

Agree with most sentiments voiced but would also like to add that it will be the eighth game straight in our inaugural season in the B1G.  This team Will be tired and if still undefeated, ripe for a letdown game.  Let's also not forget of the unspoken rivalry between the schools especially in Football and Basketball.  Always competive.  Will be quite the challenge for the coaching staff.

That being said.  No one knows what the rest of the college football landscape will look like in a month. But if OBD picks up a loss at that point in the season it won't hurt their playoff push and might give them a late season "jolt" to refocus for the final push towards the National Championship game.

I guess that's why we tunein, week in and week out, to see what actually happens.

Go Ducks...keep rollin' along!  😎

Edited by MicroBurst61
  • Go Ducks! 1

Oregon doesn't need to be undefeated to stay No.1. It's push that has them above Georgia now, but who knows what the situation will be after the Wisconsin game. Going undefeated is a goal, but definitely not a guarantee for finishing with the championship.

Lanning and the team seem to be handling it so far, and if a loss happens, and Oregon isn't No.1, it'll be water off the Ducks back.