PittDuck

What can Brown do for you?

On 11/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, PittDuck said:

Obviously, the other criteria carries weight ...... "on-field play, character, scholastic achievement, and leadership"

• Like 1

At this point, it's hard to argue against this. Aside from wanting more accurate downfield throws, AB actually has done well in all other criteria for this award. 

I think it is a deserved acknowledgement. 

Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, PittDuck said:

He has a strong arm, just not as accurate as we would like. 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:03 PM, DanLduck said:

He has a strong arm, just not as accurate as we would like. 

I'm not so convinced on his strength only because he has under-thrown some deeper balls. That could certainly be an accuracy thing but his last interception against UCLA really just didn't get enough air under it. The throw was to give Williams a jump ball opportunity in the end zone but he under-threw it and was picked off.  

I hope he wins the Heisman! I mean the golden arm award would be great, but while we're talking about it, we need somebody on this team to rise above where we are now to get to the end goal, why not Anthony!

5svdhh.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

HeywardDuck, I like the way you think!

Brown would certainly do good for all of us if he could pull that off!

On 11/3/2021 at 1:47 PM, Haywarduck said:

I hope he wins the Heisman! I mean the golden arm award would be great, but while we're talking about it, we need somebody on this team to rise above where we are now to get to the end goal, why not Anthony!

5svdhh.jpg

Alright... no more lunch time margaritas for you

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm not so convinced on his strength only because he has under-thrown some deeper balls. That could certainly be an accuracy thing but his last interception against UCLA really just didn't get enough air under it. The throw was to give Williams a jump ball opportunity in the end zone but he under-threw it and was picked off.  

He pushes the ball too much (think shooting a free throw).  He's aiming his deep balls instead of throwing them (think fast ball pitch).

Brown has an inconsistent throwing motion.  One thing I'll say is he is deadly between the hashes and throws a very good deep out pass.

I expect deep crossing routes Saturday.  I'm hoping Morehead rolls him out more often the rest of the year.  Give DCs more to think about ( since he runs so well, maybe that will be an RPO he can execute).

On 11/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, Mike West said:

He pushes the ball too much (think shooting a free throw).  He's aiming his deep balls instead of throwing them (think fast ball pitch).

Brown has an inconsistent throwing motion.  One thing I'll say is he is deadly between the hashes and throws a very good deep out pass.

I expect deep crossing routes Saturday.  I'm hoping Morehead rolls him out more often the rest of the year.  Give DCs more to think about ( since he runs so well, maybe that will be an RPO he can execute).

Great observations; no surprise.

But with the 'quality' of Pac-12 quarter-backing this season, possibly the worst ever in the modern era, AB may be the best in the conference? Especially with Slovis no longer having London at WR and DTR laid up?

"The Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award"

I was a UO freshman in 1965, from Chicago. I'd never been west of the Mississippi before.

I was in my dorm room late one Sunday afternoon, listening to pro scores on the radio. And the announcer said ...

"The Baltimore Colts won, (score). Johnny UHNN-TEE-AS threw 2 touchdown passes."

I was thinking I had somehow gotten onto the wrong planet ... How could anyone in the WORLD not know Johnny Unitas?

My college hockey coach, Sid Watson, was kept by the Steelers. Last man in while JU was the first man out.

Brilliant!

Sid, as a coach, is in the Hockey Hall of Fame,.

Sid was a great coach but as he oft acknowledged, Pitt made a bad, bad NFL roster decision.

2 years in the NFL + Sid was gone. JU played longer and more successfully , by far, in NFL. DUH!

I can still remember Sid saying: 'Joseph, I could have had a smoke and a coke before you got that shot off!'

He wasn't wrong.

• Haha 1