Charles Fischer

A SWEET SIGHT to SAVOR for Oregon Fans

CFB Playoff Show Week 2_ESPN Video.jpg

Think of how every college team's fans would love to be in our spot, save two.  And yes...it could change soon, thus why I've got to dive in and savor it while I can.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

These 😹cat gifs are killing me....

Excited, but.......

5to0q2.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

One game at a time Mr. FishDuck and thanks for showing me how to get back on the Forum. The Cougars are in the cross hairs and I am glad this game is at Autzen. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/10/2021 at 6:56 AM, 81DuckAlum said:

These 😹cat gifs are killing me....

Is it true love, or are we being catfished?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:42 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Mr. FishDuck and thanks for showing me how to get back on the Forum.

My pleasure Santa Rosa Duck, as you are also one of the Core-from-Before that we just have to be hearing from!

If any of you are reading this, and cannot get into the site with complications due to being registered before, the old FishDuck comments, your password auto-fill....contact me and I can help you get in.  I have been successful every time!  So email me and I'll get you going!  charles@fishduck.com 

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/9/2021 at 9:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

CFB Playoff Show Week 2_ESPN Video.jpg

Think of how every college team's fans would love to be in our spot, save two.  And yes...it could change soon, thus why I've got to dive in and savor it while I can.

giphy.gif

Are you still against a rematch with Ohio State now (given these rankings hold and tOSU and we are both #2 and #3)?

On 11/10/2021 at 8:07 AM, Mike West said:

Are you still against a rematch with Ohio State now (given these rankings hold and tOSU and we are both #2 and #3)?

If we end up that way--we have no choice, but it is kinda boring to play a team twice in a season, and it is VERY hard to beat a great team twice.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/10/2021 at 8:17 AM, Charles Fischer said:

If we end up that way--we have no choice, but it is kinda boring to play a team twice in a season, and it is VERY hard to beat a great team twice.

I'll take that.  

I want to see a rematch because we would see if the team can handle a slightly more talented Buckeye team that will be motivated to prove themselves ( and that the loss was a fluke).

And since this  Duck team doesn't take bums seriously enough to absolutely destroy them, I'm interested in how much they want to prove it wasn't a fluke victory.  

It took them too long to get down to business against a clearly underwhelming Fusky team.  Every remaining game is really "win or go home".  I'm looking for Cristobal to teach these kids that those three conference games are about focus.  No reason for any of them to be " in the game" after the first quarter ( as in a two TD advantage against all three of them).

Do you realize how much talent the defense has?  They can keep all three remaining conference foes to 14 or less.  I'd be shooting for shutouts if I were HC.  That would be a direct challenge ( using  those popular black uniforms as incentive...and old school uniforms as the alternative <the Rich Brooks era uniforms>).  

Ohio State is really a reset of the home and home we missed out on... And a good test of what this team really is against their fellow recruiting peers. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, Mike West said:

It took them too long to get down to business against a clearly underwhelming Fusky team.

Mike, my photographer at the game called me at halftime and was apologizing in advance for upcoming bad pictures from the game.  He said, "with the huge gusts of wind and pouring rain....at times it is raining sideways, and I cannot keep my camera lens dry."

1) I would say that was extraordinary conditions and 2) without a bogus penalty the score would have been 31-16, which would have reflected more dominance on such a terrible weather day, and 3) any time....ANY TEAM, whether the coach is Chip Kelly or Mario Cristobal who rushes for 324 yards in that weather against an opponent that knows it is coming--did-one-heck-of-a-job.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The worst part about playing a team twice that you have already beaten once: the other team has NOTHING TO LOSE.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 8:17 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Why it would be so impressive to beat Utah twice beat OSU a second time and then get Georgia twice in a row after that, albeit one, next season.

TV commentators dream and would leave no doubts with anyone. 

personally I’d like a double Utah, bama, Georgia schedule. Another path that leaves no doubts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:10 PM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Why it would be so impressive to beat Utah twice beat OSU a second time and then get Georgia twice in a row after that, albeit one, next season.

TV commentators dream and would leave no doubts with anyone. 

personally I’d like a double Utah, bama, Georgia schedule. Another path that leaves no doubts. 

The other very sweet thing for the Ducks last night, UTAH at 24! Utah will defeat AZ and Ducks defeat WSU that means a top 25 matchup in SLC!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, Mike West said:

I want to see a rematch because we would see if the team can handle a slightly more talented Buckeye team that will be motivated to prove themselves ( and that the loss was a fluke).

A rematch would be interesting and include some key differences. First, the game would be played on a neutral field. Second, the Ducks wouldn't have the services of CJ Verdell who was critical to the Duck's win against Ohio State. Third, we probably WOULD have the services of KT#5 whose presence would certainly be felt by Stoud and company. 

Whomever the Ducks play, should they somehow find a way to win their next 4 games, it is guaranteed to be an elite opponent that will be favored to beat, and perhaps even slaughter, Oregon. I've been around long enough to truly dislike Ohio State, their arrogant fans, and their football dominance over Oregon. I'd personally love to see a rematch. Nothing on my football wish list would be sweeter than seeing Oregon, from the lowly Pac 12, beat Ohio State, kings of the mighty Big 10, TWICE in one season.

Watching Kirk Herbstreit trying to process his precious Buckeyes losing twice to Oregon in a season would be priceless. You think heads rolled when Oregon beat Washington, just watch what happens in Columbus if the Ducks beat the Buckeyes twice in a season.

Edited by latracey
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, Mike West said:

I'll take that.  

And since this  Duck team doesn't take bums seriously enough to absolutely destroy them, I'm interested in how much they want to prove it wasn't a fluke victory.  

It took them too long to get down to business against a clearly underwhelming Fusky team.  Every remaining game is really "win or go home".  I'm looking for Cristobal to teach these kids that those three conference games are about focus.  No reason for any of them to be " in the game" after the first quarter ( as in a two TD advantage against all three of them).

Do you realize how much talent the defense has?  They can keep all three remaining conference foes to 14 or less.  I'd be shooting for shutouts if I were HC.  That would be a direct challenge ( using  those popular black uniforms as incentive...and old school uniforms as the alternative <the Rich Brooks era uniforms>).  

Ohio State is really a reset of the home and home we missed out on... And a good test of what this team really is against their fellow recruiting peers. 

Mike, in the 1st Q plus of the game at UW, the UW punter was all -world. Oregon could not get decent field position. The game changed when OR got better field position and the run game coming to life.

BTW, it fries me when I hear all the talking heads talking about Bama, Ohio State, Cincy and Oregon 'scrapping by' last Saturday.

BS! - Bama and Cincy failed to cover at home. OH ST failed to cover on the road vs a 3W team. Oregon on the road vs a .500 team and a bitter rival, playing in terrible weather conditions, COVERED!

• Thumbs Up 4

If Oregon stays in the top 4 at the end of the season then I like their chances better against Alabama than Georgia.....but not by much.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:35 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Mike, in the 1st Q plus of the game at UW, the UW punter was all -world. Oregon could not get decent field position. The game changed when OR got better field position and the run game coming to life.

BTW, it fries me when I hear all the talking heads talking about Bama, Ohio State, Cincy and Oregon 'scrapping by' last Saturday.

BS! - Bama and Cincy failed to cover at home. OH ST failed to cover on the road vs a 3W team. Oregon on the road vs a .500 team and a bitter rival, playing in terrible weather conditions, COVERED!

Yeah,

That punter made it though a couple of drives.  

I expected Moorhead to favor crossing patterns more ( with a rollout to boot to keep the LBs on Brown), a strength for Brown.  He used the deep out route once- another strength of Brown's.  

Fortunately, they looked at the halftime stats and quickly buried the Husky defense, but they STILL couldn't ice àaaààthis game by the early fourth quarter. 

Too many things to straighten  out.  Not much time left.  I'd like t to see adjustments sooner.  The coaches know their units at this point in the season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, toketeeman said:

The worst part about playing a team twice that you have already beaten once: the other team has NOTHING TO LOSE.

Losing a PO game semi is, IMO, a lot to lose. The adverse, "we have beaten these chumps once on their home field! So, in the Cotton Bowl with far more of our fans here, no sweat!"

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, kirklandduck said:

If Oregon stays in the top 4 at the end of the season then I like their chances better against Alabama than Georgia.....but not by much.

UGA is a far more complete team than Bama. This Bama O cannot run the ball; 6 net yards rushing vs an LSU D that the Bruins ran all over. The OL is not up to Bama standards. No surprise due to 3 guys from last year's OL being in the NFL and lots of injuries including the starting center going down vs LSU. In addition to a sorry run game, the Bama QB is often under pressure. 

I have much more confidence in Mr. T and friends being able to pressure the Bama QB than I would have if OR played UGA. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Mike, my photographer at the game called me at halftime and was apologizing in advance for upcoming bad pictures from the game.  He said, "with the huge gusts of wind and pouring rain....at times it is raining sideways, and I cannot keep my camera lens dry."

1) I would say that was extraordinary conditions and 2) without a bogus penalty the score would have been 31-16, which would have reflected more dominance on such a terrible weather day, and 3) any time....ANY TEAM, whether the coach is Chip Kelly or Mario Cristobal who rushes for 324 yards in that weather against an opponent that knows it is coming--did-one-heck-of-a-job.

Duly noted.

That interception was ugly though.  Not what you'd expect from a decent QB.  That was followed by some weird play calling, that made him even more uncomfortable. 

At this point, I want these coaches to earn their pay.  This team is too talented to perform at their present mediocre level.

I said it before: 42-14 victories.  That's my standard and I'm sticking with it. Kirby Smart had a battle ready Natty level team in his fourth year.  I think MC has that in him, and I expect him to accelerate his progress. 

We had a Natty caliber team - without the talent level- in 2019! He played it safe. 

My friend, tomorrow is tomorrow for a reason. The only time that matters is right now. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow. 

Seize the moment.  Win the Day. FAST HARD FINISH.  

Make no excuses.

Just do It!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 11:37 AM, Mike West said:

That interception was ugly though.  Not what you'd expect from a decent QB. 

I really think we need to give coaching credit where due....to the Huskies.  They clearly scouted that play, (an RPO I believe) and as we began to run it--the LB knew what was coming and jumped it the way Kenny Wheaton had scouted their pass plays and jumped it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

Beating an opponent twice in one year is tough enough. But doing it against two different teams is going to be an even bigger task. 

UT and tOSU. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/10/2021 at 8:07 AM, Mike West said:

Best fan year ever if we beat OSU teams three times in a year.

But I will be happy with beating the Cougs this week to assure my tickets to the PAC12 championship game will be to watch my Ducks!

1 game at a time. play your best and leave everything u have on the field. What happens will happen. We shall see.  Go Ducks 

• Thumbs Up 1