Charles Fischer

Akron is NOT a Coaching Destination...

....as it is simply an ESCAPE.  Coach Moorhead is one of the highest profile and respected OCs in the nation, and this move (regardless of prior ties) reeks of "get-me-out-of-here-anyway-possible."

Joe Moorhead_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

How would this be a better job. Potentially playing for the Natty vrs a lower tier team? I would be worried about another Power 5 team.

I think Charles hit the nail on the head. Not everyone likes working for Mario. He’s too intense for some. JoMo could certainly get a better job with patience but he clearly wants out immediately.

He's only "reportedly" the "leading candidate" for the Akron job, which to me means that Akron is leaking their wish list, not that Moorhead is necessarily going there. Is there any confirmation that this is actually happening?

Edited by jrw
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, jrw said:

He's only "reportedly" the "leading candidate" for the Akron job, which to me means that Akron is leaking their wish list, not that Moorhead is really going there. Is there any confirmation that this is really happening?

It could be used as a way to get leverage for a pay raise... if that's the case then Oregon needs to pay out. 

If it is just a get out of Eugene move then no amount of money will change that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The unknown question is his health.  .  He spent 5 years years at Akron and he may view it as lower stress.

What evidence is there that he’s desperate to leave OR

news to me, but so are a lot of things 

• Like 1

"It's a woomah" -- Awnold

Screenshot_20211130-102308_Chrome.png.50a94a2977f1a1a58b1fd2df775ff86c.png

I don't think anything is for sure when it comes to the coaching carousel.....

Who would have thought Riley to USC or Kelly to LSU. Or Oklahoma or ND would need a coach.

The chips will fall where they fall. What a great time to be a Duck fan.

Some guys just want to be their own boss, I can understand that.  After his mediocre tenure at Miss St., having a successful run at Akron for a few years would be his way back into the Power 5 as an HC.