Haywarduck

4* Blocker Excited To Play For Miami!

I wonder how he will feel once he sees the product on the field? I have no doubt plenty of talent will feel the same way.

3* wide out. So far Miami has 6 signed. 2 on offense both 3*s

I wish Mario nothing but the disaster he left us with by bolting right before signing day.

• Like 1

Miami fans are going to be excited about MC's offense--😛 2 runs, 4 yard pass for 8 yards and a 3 and out.

• Haha 3

On 12/15/2021 at 4:01 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Miami fans are going to be excited about MC's offense--😛 2 runs, 4 yard pass for 8 yards and a 3 and out.

I understand Oregon fan’s bitterness however you should remember that Miami is Mario’s home where is sick mother and the rest of his Cuban family live. Mario speaks fondly of his time at Oregon.

W/r/t Mario running the ball - Miami’s QB is the ACC’s “rookie of the year” who threw for 6 consecutive games of 300 yards plus. I doubt Mario will squander VanDyke’s talents.

Miami thus far has a very small class (no fault of Mario). 7 of Mario’s signees are 4 stars and one is 3 star. And Mario is in the running for two South Florida 5 stars players that will sign later. Best of luck to the Ducks.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, Captaincane said:

W/r/t Mario running the ball - Miami’s QB is the ACC’s “rookie of the year” who threw for 6 consecutive games of 300 yards plus. I doubt Mario will squander VanDyke’s talents.

Have you heard of a guy named Justin Herbert?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I understand Oregon fan’s bitterness however you should remember that Miami is Mario’s home where is sick mother and the rest of his Cuban family live. Mario speaks fondly of his time at Oregon.

Miami thus far has a very small class (no fault of Mario). 7 of Mario’s signees are 4 stars and one is 3 star. And Mario is in the running for two South Florida 5 stars players that will sign later. Best of luck to the Ducks.

Sorry cc but us over here on the pond have watched MC the last 4 years. The guy can't coach and many of us have been saying as much for the past 2 years. His first action as HC was to call timeout with 15:00 left in the first Q because the opponent (Boise State) didn't seem ready. He only slightly improved over 4 years. Did you learn nothing from FSU?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario played the game and won.  

His family didn’t seem much of a concern when he agreed to the OC position four years ago.  

The Miami connection became stronger as soon as obscene money was offered.

Can’t blame the guy for doing well for himself, and glad for the Ducks to move on to a staff better suited for the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I understand Oregon fan’s bitterness however you should remember that Miami is Mario’s home where is sick mother and the rest of his Cuban family live.

Hmmm . . . reminds me of the time when my high-school Friday-night date called me to cancel because her grandma died . . .

• Haha 1

It is about fits, Does he fit the system and players in Eugene, Not enough to bring his mom closer to him?  But she has all her family, as he does too, there.  Miami is a good fit.  Wish him well.  Hope family is good and brings that comfort level to him.  If it goes bad though, Do NOT BOO.  Do NOT CRITICIZE.  He will learn and get past his short comings to be a better coach.  Who you got in line to offer him $12 mil per year, JUST in case?

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2021 at 7:51 PM, Captaincane said:

Just a little FYI. Justin Herbert was Honorable Mention All-Pac 12 his Senior year. That’s it. 

He won NFL ROY the following season and is the only NFL QB to throw for 30 TD’s in his first 2 seasons. He also has the record for most completions during his first two seasons. Furthermore, he only needs one game of 3+ TD’s to tie Marino’s record and he has 4 games left. 

So, if you’re not too worried about Mario squandering Van Dyke’s talents then you need to prepare yourself for some real disappointment next season.

My hope is that the Cowboys will have a high enough draft pick in 2 years so they can get Van Dyke. His arm will be nice and fresh.

I've noticed a lot of anger towards MC. I believe we need to give MC credit where credit is deserved.

He is who he is. Because of Chip everyone wanted a up paced offense. But that's not him. 

He was still a good coach in my eyes. 4 winning seasons, 3 PAC North division titles,  2 championship ( playing for a 3rd), 2 NY6 Bowls. And most importantly 3 straight recruiting titles

I know we all wanted more but that's still pretty impressive.  Did he do everything right? No but he's still a good person and deserves respect as such. IMHO.

Edited by Duck 1972
Change
  • Thumbs Up 1