jrw

McMillan Signs With Arizona

That one stings a little. Dudes a beast. Moving on.

Going to the worst team in the Pac 12? Sometimes it seems these kids can be sold anything.

He will be the big fish in the little pond at Arizona.....He should be their top recruit this cycle

The offense will feature him and he will have eye popping numbers for scouts to drool over. Just like Pittman and hoped to be at Oregon 

Arizona football is on the rise and they just added a potential new star. The ball will come his way often when he is on the field. 

No reflection on Coach Lanning but he doesn't have an offensive vision yet in place for recruits to grasp.

Fisch did a great job recruiting to AZ this season. But once again, the top 5 guys from AZ? None will be balling in the Pac-12.

He had to have been looking elsewhere after the Utah games. Losing his main recruiter didn’t help, but Arizona is also doing a good job building a new roster. I saw that they had 13 transfers signed. 

Guest KingT

I think his primary Oregon recruiter, Mcclendon, just took a job at Miami...so there's that...this situation is so bizarre.

Edited by KingT

After all that's happened, like most of us, I can sadly understand the kid choosing another school.

But ARIZONA? Are you kidding me? How does a kid eyes-wide-open dump Oregon and choose the often perennial cellar-dweller Wildcats? Since 2001, Arizona has compiled a record of 108-138, while attending several memorable and highly prized bowls such as the Advocare V100 Bowl (yeah... I'd never heard of it either). This poor kid is definitely going to need to "Bear-Down" hard in Tucsan.

And now that the NCAA has sanctioned / is sanctioning the ever-lovin' daylights out of UA's basketball program, he won't even have a winning basketball team to go and watch.

There has got to be more to this story. Maybe he just loves the gorgeous, high desert, Catalina Mountains. Sure, that's the ticket. 

I'm guessing that his other three teammates from Servite High School, also signing with UA,  might have had a lot to do with his flip.  "Peer Pressure"?  Ya think?  

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember back in the Chip Kelly days when we'd be all excited about some super stud receiver or defensive end about to sign only to flip last second to USC? Didn't really matter then, won't really matter now.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, jonnydanger11 said:

might have had a lot to do with his flip.

I think that was definitely why he made his landing in Arizona. 

On 12/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, jonnydanger11 said:

I'm guessing that his other three teammates from Servite High School, also signing with UA,  might have had a lot to do with his flip.  "Peer Pressure"?  Ya think?  

I certainly can appreciate that reasoning. But Arizona has such a terrible football program that it still surprises me he would flip to the Wildcats... even with 3 of his buddies going there. 

Agree the allure of sc has always been there, but one could understand the delusional choice. A kid choosing the wildcats is like choosing bud light when at Deschutes Brewery. 

Somebody needed to have his ear other than his buddies, in the corner, sipping on bud light, eating chips, while the world has moved on. He might as well order from the kids menu too. A head scratcher at best!

All the Arizona recruiter had to do is whisper into his ear, "Never mind the team. You'll be starting. Guaranteed."

• Thumbs Up 1

"You'll be starting. Guaranteed."

Well... I suppose there is that 😉. But knowing that there's a strong likelihood that while you might be getting some significant PT, but getting in a losing team, I would hope would not appeal to most 4/5 star recruits. On the other hand, maybe he just drank really hard on the, "Your class is the year we turn the program around," kool-aid. 

Plus, the sunshine and almost year round summer fashion attire might have a draw for some 18 year old kids (I'm referring to the sunshine from October through May. Outside of that, it just hotter than hades).

Anyway, onward and upward the Ducks go. 

Edited by Desert Duck