Duck 1972

Dropping like Flies

McKinley is off to the pros. With James gone that leaves us Bridges and Manning starting CB's #3 is Dickerson with Barkins and Davies as backup. Only 5 CBs on roster now. 

With receivers also gone it's time to consider the bowl game a glorified Spring training game. I don't see any way we can be competitive.

I don't have an issue with Verone McKinley leaving as he has maxed out his stock and is truly ready for the NFL IMHO, compared to Devon Williams or Wright.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/18/2021 at 1:25 PM, Duck 1972 said:

McKinley is off to the pros. With James gone that leaves us Bridges and Manning starting CB's #3 is Dickerson with Barkins and Davies as backup. Only 5 CBs on roster now. 

With receivers also gone it's time to consider the bowl game a glorified Spring training game. I don't see any way we can be competitive.

Okie is going through the same issues. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonder how many of those 4/5 star Georgia second Stringers are eyeing these opening slots.

I'm sorry it's not McKinley who declared it was CB M Wright. My BAD

On 12/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I'm sorry it's not McKinley who declared it was CB M Wright. My BAD

No problem, because I believe he probably will declare for the Draft, and I would not blame Verone.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Agreed he had a great season. Time to strike while the irons 🔥 I don't know if playing in the bowl is in his best interest.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, Charles Fischer said:

No problem, because I believe he probably will declare for the Draft, and I would not blame Verone.

Of all the players opting out for the NFL besides KT, Verone should go. As mentioned his stock is high.

Best wishes to all who leave . Thank you for being a Duck.

Playing the game truly is a reward for the players who stay. They earned it.

It's next man up and their time to shine.

• Thanks 1

Move on, stay healthy, hurting your draft stock, makes NO Sense at all.  If DeRuyter is coaching defense, I am not sold, his skills can be anymore improved.  While others in the mix have reps and experience to show new coaching staff what they are capable of come the upcoming season.  Best wishes to those Ducks who are going to play in the upcoming bowl game, may you all play well and come out of it healthy for next season.

Yes, indeed. All the more reason to have the freshmen QBs lead the way instead of AB. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the gut-wrenching time we all knew was unavoidable. Just as when Taggart got outta dodge. 

Our only option is to have PATIENCE. Lanning needs time to build the infrastructure and to build it RIGHT. And we are fortunate to have three top recruiting classes to get us through the initial fasting period. The scars will heal into huge muscle.

It’s been a given that this is McKinley’s last season. He’s a first day pick.