Charles Fischer

FishDuck Follies: Husky Fans Try to Throw Shade on New Oregon Staff

Husky fans can unintentionally be quite entertaining and sometime enlightening on their own forums!

--I am not sure about the coaching quality, but the ducks are sure filling out their staff with seasoned Pac-12 recruiting-centric position coaches.....Tosh, Klemm, Martin etc. Its an interesting strategy.......

--Hiring dirty recruiters. Klemm dirty Meat Dirty Tosh. 

--So am I missing something with their staff? Who is the adult in the room?

--But they’re great recruiters. Isn’t that all matters?

--Duck fans are pretty delusional, they’re pretty sure they’re putting together the greatest coaching staff in college football.

--A lot of guys known as recruiters 1st and coaches 2nd, to go along with a first-time head coach… 

--I'm looking at this Oregon strategy: Recruit like mad, have a party atmosphere, fill your roster with top-line talent, figure that "development" is something lesser schools do, and believe that "coaching" is vastly overrated?

--I don't know... that sounds a lot like the Cristobal approach. Which makes me think it's just the Oregon approach.

--I don't think 0regon is going to get good coaching out of Demetrice Martin, but they will at least get talented recruits.

--Oregon could end up just being flat out awesome, or they could end up like Florida State the last few years. I'd be laughing harder about Klemm, but we still have Huff. Meat Martin also hasn't been known as much of a DB coach. Tosh is a decent coach, so is the guy from Nebraska.

--Without a pay for play program you're done !!!  UW is the poster child for what’s going on in recruiting right now...Greenhorn staff with zero cash.  It’s going to be a struggle just to compete with UO for the north. CFPs? It’s over!

I want to party with this frat house they’re putting together down there.

user generated

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

. So much vitriol coming from a Women's Crew School. 

My Brother is a Big Husky fan. He has seen Fusky play at every Pac 12 stadium but Colorado. He said the same stuff about MC. Turns out he was right about MC.  Then again,  a broken clock is right...

Funny... fuskies can't figure out how to make #Pay4Play work.

Maybe they should change their mascot to "befuddled-skies"?

On 12/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Log Haulin said:

Turns out he was right about MC.  Then again,  a broken clock is right...

Yeah. Huskies know all about great coaches, 0-12 Ty Willingham, New Weasel, Mistake by the Lake...

From comments I've seen a lot of the Husky fans aren't too thrilled with their new coaching hires so maybe venting about ours makes them feel better.  I'm optimistic so far but we really won't know anything till next season... let the speculation and stress continue though! 😄

Guest KingT

Fuskies were great in the 70s. Don James was terrific. Haven't done much since, that's why they're perpetually angry.

Well at this fine Holiday Season as the Husky faithful  gather around their doggy dish for dinner........

Ask yourself what do they have to talk about?  What is truly positive about their program?

Not much...........

Next best thing.........

Bad mouth your master?

Smells of desperation and dispair.

Lanning will have some growing pains but he knows what he wants in his coaching staff and has put together a strong defense at Georgia, with the help if Smart. 

I think Lanning is a high risk hire but it has the potential to be the best in the PAC. 

On 12/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, David Marsh said:

Smells of desperation and dispair.

Lanning will have some growing pains but he knows what he wants in his coaching staff and has put together a strong defense at Georgia, with the help if Smart. 

I think Lanning is a high risk hire but it has the potential to be the best in the PAC. 

David

Lanning definitely is a high risk hire  But it's a risk that needed taking  MC was becoming a bit of an old record. Yes he won, won alot!  But even I had run out of defending his excuses.

The talent on the field the next 3 years should help with growing pains for Coach 

It's just a plus that the assembling of the new, young Duck coaching staff causes so much angst with Husky fans.

Imagine their angst as that staff continues to out recruit them on the trail. Then whoop em on the field.

Let's not forget we owe them a 70 spot stomping........ 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Let's not forget we owe them a 70 spot stomping...

I've told my ill begotten Husky Cousins that Chip's Ducks could have put 70 on them multiple times, but beating them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 times in a row was enough, and oh yeah, it's 1, 2, 3 in a row again. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Lanning definitely is a high risk hire  But it's a risk that needed taking  MC was becoming a bit of an old record. Yes he won, won alot!  But even I had run out of defending his excuses.

The talent on the field the next 3 years should help with growing pains for Coach 

I absolutely agree Oregon needed to take a risk. 

I think it will payoff big time for Oregon. 

The Utah games were brutal and the youth excuse by that point in the season was no longer in play. Injuries were still in play... But really no excuses left for those games.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Husky fans can unintentionally be quite entertaining and sometime enlightening on their own forums!

A wise philosopher once said, "May all Ducks fans prosper and live long enough to see the Ducks get ahead in the series, AND no dog supports are alive that have lived when they were relevant."

• Like 1

No bowl = too much time on your hands?

What kind of fraternity would pledge a commenter like YOU?

There are programs which make great coaches, and those that occasionally hire a great coach. 

Even when you look at Petersen's record at dawg town it is much worse than it was at Boise State. He went from a 88% winning percentage to a 68%  record when he moved to the mess up north. CP's record at Washington was much worse and his bowl record was almost flipped from 5-2 to 2-4. 

The dawgs might want to look at the last time we hired a coach without head coaching experience. We make great coaches, over and over. They may not always look that way when they leave, but that is another ongoing story.

I am completely comfortable with Lanning's background and potential.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:42 PM, Steven A said:

"May all Ducks fans prosper and live long enough to see the Ducks get ahead in the series, AND no dog supports are alive that have lived when they were relevant."

It is only logical...

Spock does the O.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Purple, is all you have to know. Purple.

When you're takin a beatin all that's left is complainin.

Montana--enough said😛

On 12/25/2021 at 3:54 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Montana--enough said😛

That stain will never leave the little puppies program. Never........

Not even "Shout" will cleanse that bad boy stain.......

• Haha 1