Houston over Auburn

Texas Tech over Mississippi State

Covid over Texas A&M

That's 0-5 by my math.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

They still have two playoff teams which more and more means more than any of the other bowl games. 

Pre playoff this would be a bigger deal than it is now sadly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

SEC this year it isn't. It's the BIG's year as a conference. 

Who wins remains to be seen

I would love to root for Mich but Lanning coaches UGA. Cincinnati, I suspect, is going to get their hats handed to them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, Log Haulin said:

Cincinnati, I suspect, is going to get their hats handed to them. 

Demonstrating they had no business in the playoff in the first place.

We all knew this.  Football is not basketball.  There are no Cinderellas in football.  You are elite, or you are ordinary.

We're about to witness not only how ordinary the G5 is, but how ordinary the majority of the SEC is.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/28/2021 at 9:57 PM, Mike West said:

Demonstrating they had no business in the playoff in the first place.

We all knew this.  Football is not basketball.  There are no Cinderellas in football.  You are elite, or you are ordinary.

We're about to witness not only how ordinary the G5 is, but how ordinary the majority of the SEC is.

I agree, but the game hasn't been played, yet. They're just kids. Anything can happen.

Personally,  I'd love to see Bama and Georgia knocked out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love to root for Mich but Lanning coaches UGA. Cincinnati, I suspect, is going to get their hats handed to them. 

If it wasnt for Lanning I would def be rooting for Michigan.

I'll be rooting for Michigan. I would love to see MI take down GA and AL. Last thing I want is another SEC playoff. 

How about Michigan wins 7-0 on a pick-6? That way we can both feel great about Lanning and get an SEC loss.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now that you mention it. Any combined under 24 would be a success for Lanning. Mich 14 UGA 10. 

I would say Michigan is good just not good enough to beat Georgia and your right we need Mr Lanning to murder Michigan's offense and also I'd just like to see Georgia get over that hump. Cincinnati is pretty stinking good and they will be ready to go toe to toe with BAMA and certainly wouldn't count them out of bringing the upset against Bama. Will it happen more than likely no but would be huge for CF if they did. I just don't want to see BAMA in the finals again as you know that league gets preferential treatment. If it does end up being the two SUCK teams Go DOG's.

As much as I hate all things SEC, a UGA thumping of UM is a win for the Ducks so go Fighting Lannings!

When I gamble, I'm terrible, so when I say Alabama is going to cover the 13.5 by half time, don't put money on it.  However, Cincinnati played by far the easiest schedule of the teams in the top 4.  They played only 2 teams ranked in the top 50 of USA Today Jeff Sagarin rankings.  His rankings are far from perfect, but he has all levels of football ranked.  

When you are given essentially 7 byes during a 13 week season, it is pretty easy to stay healthy.  I think Alabama is going to make Cincinnati look like a G5 team that should have never been invited to the playoffs.  When the playoffs expand, they'll always have a G5 team, but 9 out of 10 times, they will get slaughtered every year.

The win against ND was nice, but it wasn't like ND played a great schedule.  They played 4 teams with winning records: Cincinnati 13-0, Wisconsin 8-4, Purdue 8-4 and Toledo 7-6.

Oklahoma St. is not only cover the 2.5, they are going to win out right.  Notre Dame hasn't won a major bowl game since the 1994 Cotton Bowl, unless you count the Citrus Bowl in 2018 a major bowl.

Cincinnati schedule:

Team                             Score                 Rank

Miami, OH (7-6) 49-14 88
Murry St. FCS (6-5) 42-7 190
at Indiana (2-10) 38-24 96
at Notre Dame (11-1) 24-13 5
Temple (3-9) 52-3 166
UCF (9-4) 56-21 56
at Navy (4-8) 27-20 97
at Tulane (2-10) 31-12 105
Tulsa (7-6) 28-20 75
at USF (2-10) 45-28 130
SMU (8-4) 48-14 51
at ECU (7-5) 35-13 81
Houston (11-2) 35-20 34
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:35 AM, Tandaian said:

When I gamble, I'm terrible, so when I say Alabama is going to cover the 13.5 by half time, don't put money on it.  However, Cincinnati played by far the easiest schedule of the teams in the top 4.  They played only 2 teams ranked in the top 50 of USA Today Jeff Sagarin rankings.  His rankings are far from perfect, but he has all levels of football ranked.  

When you are given essentially 7 byes during a 13 week season, it is pretty easy to stay healthy.  I think Alabama is going to make Cincinnati look like a G5 team that should have never been invited to the playoffs.  When the playoffs expand, they'll always have a G5 team, but 9 out of 10 times, they will get slaughtered every year.

The win against ND was nice, but it wasn't like ND played a great schedule.  They played 4 teams with winning records: Cincinnati 13-0, Wisconsin 8-4, Purdue 8-4 and Toledo 7-6.

Oklahoma St. is not only cover the 2.5, they are going to win out right.  Notre Dame hasn't won a major bowl game since the 1994 Cotton Bowl, unless you count the Citrus Bowl in 2018 a major bowl.

Cincinnati schedule:

Team                             Score                 Rank

Miami, OH (7-6) 49-14 88
Murry St. FCS (6-5) 42-7 190
at Indiana (2-10) 38-24 96
at Notre Dame (11-1) 24-13 5
Temple (3-9) 52-3 166
UCF (9-4) 56-21 56
at Navy (4-8) 27-20 97
at Tulane (2-10) 31-12 105
Tulsa (7-6) 28-20 75
at USF (2-10) 45-28 130
SMU (8-4) 48-14 51
at ECU (7-5) 35-13 81
Houston (11-2) 35-20 34

So you are saying Bama gets a first round bye? 

Michigan is on a roll, got past the Buckeyes, and have a good D, Georgia is going to have to get up after being knocked back by 'Bama.  I'll take Michigan here, 27-20 and Lanning will be done at Georgia.

All the people who wanted Cincy, have fun with this. I'm seeing Alabama 49-10