Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
McDuck

Mario Cristobal REJECTED by Another OC Candidate at Miami

Recommended Posts

Would not be surprised if the top OCs know and talk to each other.   And I would not be surprised if Joe Moorhead is well known and respected in coaching circles.   

 

So there you go..........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly, Mario thinks he knows offense.   He has Mirabal for OL coach.  Maybe he should be the OC and play-caller?

 

The only problem with that arrangement is he would have to take the criticism when the 'Canes avg. 13 pts/game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first indicator to confirm our bias. I expect more to come, but maybe this will be the one that pushes Mario to wake up and realize this weakness. We all wanted to believe Mario would wake up, have that aha moment, but we never saw it.

 

Miami better hope this next OC isn't the desperate idiot Charles seems to think is destined for the job. My bet is he just raises up Mastro to the OC position. Mastro already knows the drill and seems to be in lock step with the Mario program. In that scenario if they get the big bruiser NFL RB it just might be enough to fool the hurricane faithful at least as long as many of us were hoodwinked into maintaining our hopes and dreams for Mario's era.

 

I tend to think it will be the culture problem down in Miami he will have a problem with. The kids from the big cities will have much less patience for his sales pitch, bait and switch act. Mario fell into a perfect situation at Oregon, he won't have that anymore.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mastro isn't coaching this year to deal with some family health issues.  Bryan McClendon has the title Co-OC, maybe they decide he is the fall guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Haywarduck said:

Action does speak louder than words. A picture also speaks louder than words, what does this mean?

61vn88.jpg

Its like this, who cares about Mario, he clearly didn't want to be here and the way he left was unacceptable to say the least. I thought McClendon was his new  OC. Either way I hope it falls apart for him. I hope he's fired within 3 seasons and I hope it happens because why on earth they fired a HC that his team won 6 out of their last 7 games as in you get what you wisheI mean nobody went with the guy except Minny Me and who is that guy a 4 ft 2 OL Coach. That's like hiring a all female coaching staff at the NFL level because it wouldn't make sense and it's the same with Miami hiring Mario. They got it wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 2:00 PM, Haywarduck said:

Action does speak louder than words. A picture also speaks louder than words, what does this mean?

61vn88.jpg

Underwhelming. Underperforming unwilling to change. Under, bet it, every week. U don’t want Mario coaching Ur offense if U want to win. 
 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Laughing because he deserves this. Crying because it was HIM ruining the Ducks' once beautiful offense the whole time.

 

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, Haywarduck said:

This is the first indicator to confirm our bias. I expect more to come, but maybe this will be the one that pushes Mario to wake up and realize this weakness. We all wanted to believe Mario would wake up, have that aha moment, but we never saw it.

 

Miami better hope this next OC isn't the desperate idiot Charles seems to think is destined for the job. My bet is he just raises up Mastro to the OC position. Mastro already knows the drill and seems to be in lock step with the Mario program. In that scenario if they get the big bruiser NFL RB it just might be enough to fool the hurricane faithful at least as long as many of us were hoodwinked into maintaining our hopes and dreams for Mario's era.

 

I tend to think it will be the culture problem down in Miami he will have a problem with. The kids from the big cities will have much less patience for his sales pitch, bait and switch act. Mario fell into a perfect situation at Oregon, he won't have that anymore.

 

Wake up Mario, wake up. This movie has lasted too late, another course you should take. Wake up Mario wake up?

 

Did not awaken in the Pacific NW and it isn't happening down south. It's in the man's DNA. DNA? Tough to rearrange prior to birth.  I respected those who believed that Mario would change for the better. at UO, but was not surprised that it never happened The pudding has now been proofed. Top drawer OCs do not want to have anything to do with the guy. He is the ultimate micro-manager. NEVER have I seen a coach yo-yo between 2021's Ohio State performance compared to the majority of games played under Mario. He is 62-60 for a reason. And all of the FIU apologists I hope have disappeared. A recruiting champ and a coaching chump.

 

He did not produce a winning culture at Oregon. He shut down Justin Herbert in the process. His OL coach is a 'nepotism' hire. Utah Duck has pointed out the number of OL injuries but nevertheless the OL never dominated like it should have. Why? Because being the DC on the other side of the field planning the D game plan against UO was a piece of cake. There is a reason the Ohio State DC is gone and now coaching in the G5. He was nowhere close to tOSU standards and was fired.

 

Mario is now coaching at a private school living in yesterday with a stadium 30 miles from campus. If he does as well as did Manny Diaz (now the DC at Penn ST) I will be very surprised. Manny's kids showed up and played hard in every game.

 

I saw UGA make improvements on D after the Bama loss and win the Natty. I saw nothing changed between the 1st and 2nd Utah game beat downs, nothing. Did anyone?

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody should tell Mario that 2 x 4 = 8 not 10

 

When its 3rd and long a 5 yard run wont work.

 

just sayin

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I saw nothing changed between the 1st and 2nd Utah game beat downs, nothing. Did anyone?

 

No changes, so if anything, Oregon was even worse the second time.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 4:42 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

When its 3rd and long a 5 yard run wont work.

Or, a checkoff 3 yds behind the line of scrimmage to a double covered RB.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, DuckHeart said:

Would not be surprised if the top OCs know and talk to each other.   And I would not be surprised if Joe Moorhead is well known and respected in coaching circles.   

 

So there you go..........

 

They do so talk and equally if not more importantly, so do their agents.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are being harsh on MC after all he is a pioneer in the Walk Dont Run Offense, the No Spread Option, the No Fly Zone and last but not least the Shotgun Backfire Offense.

  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That perfectly describes the Old Fartz R Us Offense...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I saw UGA make improvements on D after the Bama loss and win the Natty. I saw nothing changed between the 1st and 2nd Utah game beat downs, nothing. Did anyone?

 

So true...there are times when what you write is brutal, but truthful.  And I'm glad it is not about me!

  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 5:13 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

We are being harsh on MC after all he is a pioneer in the Walk Don't Run Offense, the No Spread Option, the No Fly Zone and last but not least the Shotgun Backfire Offense.

 

30Duck gets credit for the BEST description of the Cristobal scoring machine when he called it, "The Prevent-Offense!"

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 8:08 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I saw nothing changed between the 1st and 2nd Utah game beat downs, nothing. Did anyone?

Not at all.  Lost 38 - 7 in Utah. 38 - 10 in Vegas. Proving the adage home field is worth 3 points!

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

I hope he's fired within 3 seasons ....

He won't mind.  In 3 seasons he will be $25,000,000 richer.  $25 million!  There are some seriously screwed up values in this country.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, Charles Fischer said:

30Duck gets credit for the BEST description of the Cristobal scoring machine when he called it, "The Prevent-Offense!"

 

Pithy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, Mudslide said:

He won't mind.  In 3 seasons he will be $25,000,000 richer.  $25 million!  There are some seriously screwed up values in this country.

 

It is not OUR values, but how the system is now designed. It is amazing that even if you fail as a coach...you get paid millions to go away!  Disgusting to me too...

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh I look at things differently. I see reasons why things happened

 

In 19 we didn't have the WRs to go downfield much and a great line to run the ball.

 

20 covid

 

21 Injuries and an inconsistent QB who missed wide open guys downfield every game.  What would have happened if we just hit 1 or 2 of those. As far as the checkdowns that is on the QB.

 

I agree he had problems on the field.

One I see constantly being talked about and disagree with is his running the ball with to many yards to go.

 

I posit he was being careful to not make mistakes. Knowing the limitations with his squad he faced over the years this makes more sense to me.

 

I liked his philosophy of dominating both sides of the ball. He did want to take shots down the field and have explosive plays. The Ducks just didn't execute them.

 

I'm sorry but I believe he's going to be successful and will have the size and talent at Miami to be up in the best of the country every year

 

He's not the only one having problems with hiring staff. There has been so much turnover in coaching circles this year. in fact the most ever.

  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Maybe CaptainCane has a buddy that will take the job.

You mean he has another 4 ft 2 best buddy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 2:26 PM, Haywarduck said:

This is the first indicator to confirm our bias. I expect more to come, but maybe this will be the one that pushes Mario to wake up and realize this weakness. We all wanted to believe Mario would wake up, have that aha moment, but we never saw it.

 

Miami better hope this next OC isn't the desperate idiot Charles seems to think is destined for the job. My bet is he just raises up Mastro to the OC position. Mastro already knows the drill and seems to be in lock step with the Mario program. In that scenario if they get the big bruiser NFL RB it just might be enough to fool the hurricane faithful at least as long as many of us were hoodwinked into maintaining our hopes and dreams for Mario's era.

 

I tend to think it will be the culture problem down in Miami he will have a problem with. The kids from the big cities will have much less patience for his sales pitch, bait and switch act. Mario fell into a perfect situation at Oregon, he won't have that anymore.

Honestly HD I hope he fails and gets fired after 3 seasons. He was not what I thought he was. I thought this guy is refreshing as he speaks the truth and has integrity which was clearly not the case as he wore to faces. I also thought he would evolve you know if he wants to keep coaching as a HC. I guess it really doesn't matter as he has 8 million times 8 so the guy and all his family for the next 100 years wont have to worry about anything whether he evolves or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I saw UGA make improvements on D after the Bama loss and win the Natty. I saw nothing changed between the 1st and 2nd Utah game beat downs, nothing. Did anyone?

Yeah... Anthony Brown scored 10 points in the first half of the second Utah game.

 

Well... he scored 10 points for Utah anyways.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, Duck 1972 said:

In 19 we didn't have the WRs to go downfield much and a great line to run the ball.

 

20 covid

 

21 Injuries and an inconsistent QB who missed wide open guys downfield every game.  What would have happened if we just hit 1 or 2 of those. As far as the checkdowns that is on the QB.

These are absolutely correct circumstances that should not be entirely overlooked. Though I would say that the scheme on both sides of the ball in 2020 and 2021 were woefully lacking. The best way to get the most out of your players is to put them in position to make big plays. It was not something that was consistent either year but it did happen from time to time.

 

But there were some unusual circumstances that made the last two years unusual.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top