jrw

Broussard To Sparty

We are going from a too-full running back room to one that is dangerously sparse...

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We are going from a too-full running back room to one that is dangerously sparse...

Well on the bright side it could lead to a better passing game--just sayin.

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We are going from a too-full running back room to one that is dangerously sparse..

Now Jordan James's announcement is really BIG

• Thumbs Up 4

On 1/30/2022 at 3:25 PM, 30Duck said:

Now Jordan James's announcement is really BIG

It is encouraging that James cancelled his scheduled Florida visit this weekend.  

/

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Broussard was mediocre at best. The RB room is thin but I don't see how Broussard would have made the room better. Other than an extra body. Landing James has probably been the focus of the coaching staff and Broussard prob knew that.  Let our young backs play. 

• Like 1

Seems like a sign that James is about to join the flock. This to me would be ideal.

A good player joins the mix but doesn’t just cut to the front of the line ahead of the guys that have been waiting for their chance to shine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Cardwell's role just became even bigger next season. I hope Sean Dollars is able to stay healthy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, Log Haulin said:

Broussard was mediocre at best. The RB room is thin but I don't see how Broussard would have made the room better. Other than an extra body. Landing James has probably been the focus of the coaching staff and Broussard prob knew that.  Let our young backs play. 

Conference O player of the year in 2020. I think MI ST makes sense because he was at CU when Mel Tucker was there. He is more 'well known' going to Sparty than was the RB from Wake who Tucker turned into the Doak Walker Trophy award winner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgot about connection to Tucker.

I would love to see Noah pound the rock. Kenyon Barner came to Oregon as a defensive back. My hope is the new staff Re-evaluates the current roster-who knows we may have the answer already on the team.

Noah may have the ability, but with Lanning's background,  I bet Noah never touches the rock, offensively. 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:25 AM, woundedknees said:

Noah may have the ability, but with Lanning's background,  I bet Noah never touches the rock, offensively. 

Yep, although it would be fun to see him wreck LBs as a RB after doing the opposite so many times.