30Duck

Oregon's Recruiting Could Exceed Expectations

• Thumbs Up 2

The one thing Miami was certain of, Mario's ability to recruit, might start to have some cracks too. I do think this will just be, if it happens, a good bye to Mario on the west coast. Mario has plenty of student athletes to recruit down where he is from. It would still be a big get, but not anything too serious, but nice nonetheless, very nice!

Over on the “U” boards, they are talking about how great Mario is at putting together staffs. His slow speed is being hailed as a good sign at how deliberate he is with each hire.

I guess they don’t realize that he inherited most of his staff from Taggart. I think the real possibility that coaches are avoiding him has gone completely over their heads.

Maybe a few recruiting defections will wake them up.

Sounds like a level of delusion almost equal to puppy fans.

• Haha 1

Oregon has improved its coaching 2x.......imo

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/1/2022 at 7:02 PM, fred flintstone said:

Oregon has improved its coaching 2x.......imo

As has USC - and probably 3x or 4x in the recruiting area.  I expect some epic Pac-12 battles coming up between these two programs.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, Haywarduck said:

The one thing Miami was certain of, Mario's ability to recruit, might start to have some cracks too. I do think this will just be, if it happens, a good bye to Mario on the west coast. Mario has plenty of student athletes to recruit down where he is from. It would still be a big get, but not anything too serious, but nice nonetheless, very nice!

Cristobal doesn't have his coordinators which is probably the biggest factor in his recruiting woes right now. Usually a kid wants to sign with a school and at least know who the coordinator is going to be, especially at a program with a brand new coaching staff. 

Cristobal has also been rather reluctant to make full use of the transfer portal. He has used it from time to time at Oregon but not consistently. He doesn't actually need to if he doesn't want to in truth but most programs are dipping their toes in more than him. 

Are both teams recruiting him as OL?  He was originally rated as a DL I think.....

I heard he could be used either way.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:36 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Over on the “U” boards, they are talking about how great Mario is at putting together staffs. His slow speed is being hailed as a good sign at how deliberate he is with each hire.

I guess they don’t realize that he inherited most of his staff from Taggart. I think the real possibility that coaches are avoiding him has gone completely over their heads.

Maybe a few recruiting defections will wake them up.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

• Haha 3

On 2/1/2022 at 2:22 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

As has USC - and probably 3x or 4x in the recruiting area.  I expect some epic Pac-12 battles coming up between these two programs.

Good take Kurt. According to Jon Winer's take on the Pac-12 that he posted today,  with Caleb Williams on board adding the transfer and new recruit rankings,  SC would rank No. 9 in the country in this recruiting cycle. Well ahead of 15 Stanford and 22 (!) Arizona.

247 sports last week had Luli 60/40 Miami now I see they have changed it to 100% Ducks. Hope they got it correct. SC has the 3 top players out of Mater Dei 1 5 star and 2 high ranked 4 stars. Just FYI.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:57 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I heard he could be used either way.

Same situation with Arik Armstead.