Charles Fischer

Mario Cristobal: The 'Lincoln Riley of Florida?'

But it is only EIGHT bathrooms!

As I said....why would he change anything he did while at Oregon when he has been reinforced with eight million a year for his decisions?

• Wow 2

Mr. FishDuck

Ya know, I think Saban might have to look into upgrading his living situation. 

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, 30Duck said:

Ya know, I think Saban might have to look into upgrading his living situation. 

I imagine that 7.9 million will buy MORE in Alabama?

Mr. FishDuck

Ralph!!!

• Haha 1

Almost 9k sf. and 8 bathrooms, his wife is going to be busy just managing the cleaning lady's. Why people want a massive house is beyond me. I suppose it is much like having a black car, very appealing until you have one. 

With the work the cane program is going to take to bring it back to the glory expected, he might want to just put up a townhouse next to the football stadium. Oh that's right, Miami doesn't have a football stadium, whoops.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As far as I know, Lanning doesn't have a mansion in Eugene yet.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

But it is only EIGHT bathrooms!

As I said....why would he change anything he did while at Oregon when he has been reinforced with eight million a year for his decisions?

Man that is one oogly house! Thanks for sharing. Now I think I'm gonna go ralph. Did he purchase a little pool house for Minnie Me to stay at on his property?

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2022 at 2:16 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

Did he purchase a little pool house for Minnie Me to stay at on his property?

That is a riot!

Alex Mirabal coaching Jacob Capra_KC.jpg

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

If he felt pressure as being a head coach at Oregon from the team, fans and media he sure has stepped into a "hornet nest". I still wish him well thou and thanks again to the "U" for helping us be even better with our new coaches.

• Thumbs Up 3

From the looks of the hot tub' one might think there has already been some ralphing taking place... Somebody get out and clean that sucker!

On 5/2/2022 at 1:54 PM, 30Duck said:

As far as I know, Lanning doesn't have a mansion in Eugene yet.

Helfrich's old house, actually brand new, sold for 2.4 in 2018. It was only 7k sf, but 10 acres. My bet we don't see anything too crazy on Lanning's part, at least not Riley or Cristobal crazy. The lifestyle of Eugene of doesn't seem to go with the castles seen in a big city, thankfully.

I wont comment because I dont want to get kicked off the board--🤑

• Salute 1
  • Haha 1

Im a capitalist as much as anybody but..... What has MC accomplished??-is he a hard worker?-I say probably but lots of folks are hard workers. Just like Riley he hasnt brought home the bacon yet.

Eight is not enough.

Also...

I realize that he's in his dream job, and I hardly fault him for his gusto. HOWEVER, his in-game coaching is a huge question mark to me, and while he'll not lose money on the house purchase, I'm all...Dude, you've done nothing substantial to date. I don't wish MC bad, I just see the bad.

With Lanning, we're talking a different head coach. I've been spurned plenty of times in plenty of sports as a Ducks fan - it's not isolated to football - and I'm a cynical old man; however, to date I'm still sold on Lanning. Until he proves otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Axel

I'm pretty sure that Mario Cristobal isn't the Lincoln Riley of Florida, but with his foolish in-game management, ridiculous mantra of "we'll out-physical everyone," and laughable postgame alibis, he may turn out to be the Elmer Fudd of Miami.

There aren’t very many homes in the upper-middle class price range in S. Florida. The market for those homes is pretty cut-throat. There is probably more inventory available for folks who are worth eight figures. With his salary he should probably live in a community with a heavy security posture anyway. Homes with that cost and size are typically located in neighborhoods with controlled access. I can understand why he bought that home.

Thurston Veblen: Conspicuous Consumption personified.

But as DR Jack points out above, today, people are not only looking for prestige but also for security.

Lots of folks got paid to build this place and I imagine a broker or 2 got paid for selling this place.

Thus, the world turns.

Thus, CFB/CBB guys bringing in $ to their schools, paying the salaries of administrators and paying for non-revenue sports, are finally beyond the value of free-schooling, are getting paid. Kind of like coaches today being paid multi-million and not tens of thousands of dollars.

THIS is capitalism. This is the result when you prevaricate for decades and then lose 9-0 vs the Supreme Court.

Not too many mansions in Eugene.  Checking out Zillow and only 15 homes for sale for more than 1 mil.  Then if he wants a house in town, the number drops dramatically.

It appears Dan Lanning doesn't need to be ostentatious, looks like modest living quarters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, McDuck said:

It appears Dan Lanning doesn't need to be ostentatious, looks like modest living quarters. 

But he makes far less than Mario. One wonders how Dan and his family can survive? KIDDING!

Thanks. Great post. But is this permanent or temporary housing for DL?

That picture looks like it is in the south hills.  Maybe, McKenzie River area.