Log Haulin

Kirby Smart: Lanning 'Paved His Own Way'

3XVKXERTPRAUVH6TQY4MOTLVCQ.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Lanning went from a graduate assistant at Alabama in 2015, to a two-time Broyles Award finalist as Georgia’s...

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is why I believe we will hit the ground running and not be as much of beginners in our first year.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love this quote, 'He’s done more for the people he worked for than (they) did for him.'

This something too often lost with many working out there now. Work harder than the next guy, make sure others benefit from your work and you will thrive. 

If this attitude is seen on the field and sideline then the Ducks will reach their goal of winning a National Title. I have a feeling this is the outlook Lanning is looking for in his players so, as the saying goes, the future looks very bright!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Time has passed since the DL hire. More and more we see who this man is as a coach and as a man. Yea... Ducks got the right guy for sure.

Go back and watch the coaching interviews posted here a few months ago. Listen to what his players say about him. Look at the fun these players had this spring. Check out the "also visiting" list of the best high-school players in the country. Lanning is the Ducks guy.

Riley this... USC that... pfft! We will see

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/1/2022 at 6:56 AM, Log Haulin said:

Riley this... USC that... pfft! We will see

Yes, hoping this is the beginning of a good rivalry re-established.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2022 at 7:16 AM, Steven A said:

Yes, hoping this is the beginning of a good rivalry re-established.

Riley seems like the perfect fit for sc, could have fit in at the mistake on the lake too. I already don't like the guy. I would say a good rivalry  re-escalated

• Thumbs Up 1

What I like about Coach Lanning is that he didn’t wait around hoping something good would happen because of his work ethic. He went out and created opportunities for himself. 

In a very short time he went from a high school position to working for some very prestigious coaching staffs in the college ranks. He connects with the players, but perhaps more importantly he connects with coaches and has gained their respect. 

While I expect some bumps in the road because of the learning curve associated with coaching at an elite level. I anticipate that those bumps get smoothed out quickly. Oregon could be a dream job for him. 

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it? Or let it slip? 

I think Lanning and his staff will capture it even if their palms are sweaty, knees weak and arms are heavy…

Look forward to watching his team and staff drop some bombs on the PAC 12. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Haywarduck said:

could have fit in at the mistake on the lake too

Much rather he be at sc as I prefer sc to be better than ewe dub.

• Applause 1

The more I read about Lanning, the more of a man crush I have.

Even with the portal and nil and all the other "stuff" going on, watching DL coach our Ducks should be fun and very entertaining. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, DanLduck said:

The more I read about Lanning, the more of a man crush I have.

Amen, Duck-Brother.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think that on one of my first posts here, I indicated that I am a big Lanning fan and congratulated Duck Nation on landing a first-rate coach. Yet I have cautioned before to not have unrealistic expectations in the first year or two. It takes a while to assemble a championship roster with great players across multiple classes. I think that Lanning has the energy to accomplish this.

Hey, aspirations to shoot for the moon are great and are the kind of energy that great programs all have. But don't burden a young and developing coaching staff with unrealistic early EXPECTIONS. If the staff becomes as good as I think it can be, you'll get there.

• Thumbs Up 1