McDuck

Miami Mischief?

I usually don't dabble in conspiracy theories but events on the recruiting trail the past couple weeks cause me to go hmmmmm.

First Portland area Riley Williams, the top tight end in the Pacific Northwest, drops early favorite Oregon and then announces he is transferring to IMG Academy in Florida with their nearly $90,000 annual tuition.

Next Jayden Rashada, another Oregon target, reportedly negotiates a $9 million NIL deal with Miami super booster (and MC relative) John Ruiz.

Now Seattle area 5* Jayden Wayne, a frequent Oregon visitor, checked his piggy bank, found the $90,000 IMG tuition, and announced his transfer.  Predictions of a Miami commitment soon followed.

We know John Ruiz was a financial kingpin of the Cristobal to Miami move.  We know Mr. Ruiz "has pledged to spend at least $10 million on athletes he believes can help promote his businesses."

Does that $10 million include buying high school juniors?

UEVIRAWVFYI6ZPQXFBQWJF2MKQ.jpg&w=1440
MIAMISAVES.ORG

Placeholder while article actions load The NCAA gave notice recently that penalties could be coming for universities whose boosters use

It's news to me that Wayne is packing up and going to IMG and I didn't know it was $90K a year! Seriously?

College football recruiting has always been dirty with Bags being dropped; we know that for a fact. 

It doesn't upset me if Miami is pushing or breaking the rules, you don't think Bama, Clemson, The OSU haven't been breaking the rules for a long time?

There is a saying in racing "it's only cheating if you get caught"

Edit,, I just read that story and good luck nailing Ruiz, he's a lawyer and just said all the right things.

Also the rumor was the Gumbo Fisher at Texas aTm gave his NIL Collective boosters a top prospects list for the 2022 class and they closed the deal with the recruits based on NIL deals. SHADY on two fronts.. schools are not supposed to work with NIL collectives and collectives are not supposed to offer pay to play to recruits before they sign. 

This Bidding War stuff isn't by the book but we have on enforcement

Edited by DazeNconfused

The shadow of Cristobal will fade from the northwest and I think this will really be the only recruiting class (besides last year's) where Oregon and Miami battle it out this extensively for recruits from the northwest. 

It is all about relationships and connections. Remember these are cultivated for several years. So Cristobal has already put the work in on some of these recruits and it will pay out for him. 

Not always though as we saw him unable to hold onto Iuli and Connerly.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

MC is one hell of a recruiter. He sure gets thru to top recruits. He's likely to pull a top 5 class this year for the U.

And that's not just because of money. Look what he did here in Oregon.

Edited by Duck 1972
Missing info

On 6/29/2022 at 1:47 PM, Duck 1972 said:

MC is one hell of a recruiter. He sure gets thru to top recruits. He's likely to pull a top 5 class this year for the U.

And that's not just because of money. Look what he did here in Oregon.

Ya, he will have the Miami offense getting 200 yrds a game in no time.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:47 PM, David Marsh said:

The shadow of Cristobal will fade from the northwest and I think this will really be the only recruiting class (besides last year's) where Oregon and Miami battle it out this extensively for recruits from the northwest. 

It is all about relationships and connections. Remember these are cultivated for several years. So Cristobal has already put the work in on some of these recruits and it will pay out for him. 

Not always though as we saw him unable to hold onto Iuli and Connerly.

LOL

MC wins over the parents with his recruiting. He comes across very balanced with respect to coaching and protection. Has a good approach with the moms.

Agree, MariØ is still picking fruits he was after for a while. I imagine he will have plenty of talent to pay attention to down in Florida over the next few years. No doubt MariØ will continue to impress. It will be interesting to see how the program does around year 4-5, IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a large leap from “boosters” to “good fellows” running the running the “game”.

Wow so it sounds like Ruiz is using IMG as a farm system for Miami now?!?  It seems about time for some rules  here on NIL.   NCAA is pretty powerless but a better system needs to be put in place.

On 6/29/2022 at 11:27 AM, DazeNconfused said:

It's news to me that Wayne is packing up and going to IMG and I didn't know it was $90K a year! Seriously?

College football recruiting has always been dirty with Bags being dropped; we know that for a fact. 

It doesn't upset me if Miami is pushing or breaking the rules, you don't think Bama, Clemson, The OSU haven't been breaking the rules for a long time?

There is a saying in racing "it's only cheating if you get caught"

Edit,, I just read that story and good luck nailing Ruiz, he's a lawyer and just said all the right things.

Also the rumor was the Gumbo Fisher at Texas aTm gave his NIL Collective boosters a top prospects list for the 2022 class and they closed the deal with the recruits based on NIL deals. SHADY on two fronts.. schools are not supposed to work with NIL collectives and collectives are not supposed to offer pay to play to recruits before they sign. 

This Bidding War stuff isn't by the book but we have on enforcement

aTm 🤣

On 6/29/2022 at 7:48 PM, Haywarduck said:

Agree, MariØ is still picking fruits he was after for a while. I imagine he will have plenty of talent to pay attention to down in Florida over the next few years. No doubt MariØ will continue to impress. It will be interesting to see how the program does around year 4-5, IMHO.

A bunch of 5* kids going 8-4 every year will wear thin in 4-5 years, can we get the kids that want a natty over $Millions?  With the League never a sure thing, injuries possibilities, etc. I can't blame them.  You can buy a natty, or you can buy natty rosters and coach them into the dirt and lose to Ball State with an inept offense.  Which do you think Mari Cristbal will do?