sad BIG12 fan

Oregon vs Texas Tech, 2023 & 2024

Oregon will be coming to Lubbock in 2023 & Tech will be coming to Eugene in 2024.

By 2024 this might be a conference game.  I hope. 

• Let’s hope! 1

Dont know if it will be a conference game but looking forward to the matchup. West Texas fans are crazy good andclove their Red Raiders.

sad Big12 fan, what are your thoughts about TT and San Diego State being part of a revised PAC 12?

No rumors or any false conjecture, just wondering. Anything and everything is on the table at this point.

I would love have loved being part of the PAC12 but that was with USC & UCLA. Plus I would have preferred if TEXAS, OU, OSU were all part of the deal. 

Now, I believe the best option for the PAC & BIG12 is a merger. or just stay in the BIG12. Currently it appears ESPN & FOX only care about schools east of the Mississippi river. 

Something like this. 

EAST: Tech, OSU, Kansas, KSU, ISU, KSU, Houston. PLUS one: (TCU, BAYLOR or BYU) I would select Baylor. 

WEST: Oregon, Washington, Cal, Stanford, Utah, ASU, ARIZONA, Colorado.

Thanks for your input sad Big12 fan.  So glad that this Forum allows us to share our thoughts and feelings.

I like your alignment proposal but feel sad that rivals would get left behind. Many on this forum feel that way, too. While others want to move forward with new visions 

Probably no right or wrong proposals at this point.

One thing is certain and you can take this to the bank. The PAC 10 braintrust will make the worst decision possible for its members and your members, if possible.

What they lack in vision they make up in arrogance. When you are circling the drain our presidents would rather drink drano or caustic soda.

Heres hoping both conferences land in a better place.........

Keep sharing your thoughts, feelings and opinions......

• Yikes! 1

I'm really looking forward to this matchup and the wife and I plan on traveling to the 2024 game in Eugene and spending a week or so in the area.

Any advise on where we need to go and what we need to do while there? We're up for anything but we love hiking and going to the local restaurants, coffee shops, and attractions.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:43 AM, RedRaider said:

I'm really looking forward to this matchup and the wife and I plan on traveling to the 2024 game in Eugene and spending a week or so in the area.

Any advise on where we need to go and what we need to do while there? We're up for anything but we love hiking and going to the local restaurants, coffee shops, and attractions.

Eugene is one hour east of some of the most beautiful coast line in the country and one hour west of 10,000 foot mountain peaks. Day hiking around Fall Creek or up the McKenzie Highway will not disappoint!

Rumors are this is how 2021 PAC12 interviews went. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually strongly considering driving over next year to Lubbock from AZ..  is that..  even advisable?   Thanks for your help!

That's a long drive. 

• Yikes! 1

BIG12 Audition Tapes 

Edited by sad BIG12 fan

Those audition clips were  AWESOME!

Thanks sad BIG 12 fan!

Edited by PittDuck

Be sure to visit the Cascades Raptor Center. It's one of Eugene's biggest open secrets.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:27 PM, Bearlybalanced said:

I'm actually strongly considering driving over next year to Lubbock from AZ..  is that..  even advisable?   Thanks for your help!

Lubbock can be fun for a day or two but it's not a great destination for an extended stay. But the game day atmosphere is excellent and a lot of fun.

As far as driving goes I'd say it depends on where in Arizona you're coming from and what route you're taking. Santa Fe is a really fun place that has good hiking, cool art scene, and is close to the mountains. Most of southern and eastern NM are desert ranch lands and there isn't much to see there, the exception being Ruidoso which has good hiking in the mountains and I hear a good golf course.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve been to Lubbock several times. I was even at the Texas game in 2000. They had a nice little indoor tailgate building. In fact, the Raider Wrap (bratwurst wrapped in a tortilla w/cheese) has been a camping staple for me since that day. Lubbock a fun place if you’re young, but it smells when the wind blows in a certain direction. I have the Red Raiders in an upset if the smell is too pungent. Unless, of course, if Shough is still their QB

• Haha 1

Soooo... this is how this usually  works. Oregon and said school agree to a home and home. Oregon goes down to said schools house and slaps them around. Said schools calls up Oregon the next day and says "yea, we double booked, sorry".  Oregon plays Portland State.