DrJacksPlaidPants

Mariota vs. Herbert

It’s happening next Sunday. Do you pick a side? I’ll be pulling for Herbert to get the win.

DB6874C3-7E2F-4D9C-9FF6-CE8712795DB2.jpeg

• Cool 1

I think Mariota needs the win more with where he is at in his career. 

But overall, let's just hope for a high scoring game and both qbs do well. 

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2

If you're a betting person, take the over!

I’d be pulling for Herbert’s idol to win.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Herbert would be okay with it too!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want both of them to have great games. Beyond that,I don't care who wins.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Chargers have become my main team now. I've never liked the Seahawks since moving to Oregon many years ago. The Chargers radio game day show (and game play by play) plays on one of the two sports radio channels in Eugene. Seattle gets nothing. The Chargers are in a much more difficult division and conference than Atlanta. Herbert needs the win more than Mariota. Atlanta is in first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m just excited that the Ducks will have two NFL starting QBs matched up against each other..  not sure if there’s any other college team that could have that happen.  
Rooting for Mariota though, he’s the GOAT and beating Herbert (one of the legit best in the game) would go a long ways towards furthering his resurgence.

• Go Ducks! 1

Joining in on today's theme! 

Looking forward to a great game, 52-51, one missed extra point kick! 

We absolutely love both of these young men and what they seem to stand for! 

We in Oregon could not have better representatives of the State and the University of Oregon Ducks! 

Go Ducks!!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Will this game be carried by local Fox or CBS?   They seem to be deliberately avoiding Chargers and Falcons.  I understand Falcons is not in our time zone, but even Chargers hardly makes it.  Ridiculous.   

On 10/31/2022 at 2:19 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Will this game be carried by local Fox or CBS?   They seem to be deliberately avoiding Chargers and Falcons.  I understand Falcons is not in our time zone, but even Chargers hardly makes it.  Ridiculous.   

NFL schedule says Fox 10 A. M. Pacific Time

On 10/31/2022 at 2:40 PM, Smith72 said:

NFL schedule says Fox 10 A. M. Pacific Time

Yes, on Atlanta Fox no doubt.  How about Oregon Fox?  I can't tell from TV guide - it just says NFL football.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Yes, on Atlanta Fox no doubt.  How about Oregon Fox?  I can't tell from TV guide - it just says NFL football.

Sorry DuckFan93.  I just checked Fox 12 Portland tv schedule and only game listed is a 1:00 pm game for regional broadcast.  No info on which teams. It doesn't look like we'll be able to watch Herbert and Mariota in Portland.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, DuckFan93 said:

If you have the same ap I do just touch the screen where it says nfl football and it should show the game they are televising.

I am a Mariota guy and will always blame MarinoO for costing Justin a Heisman and a shot at a natty and oh! And a lot more money.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

It’s happening next Sunday. Do you pick a side? I’ll be pulling for Herbert to get the win.

DB6874C3-7E2F-4D9C-9FF6-CE8712795DB2.jpeg

No, not really.  Not a fan of either team, but a fan of both Herbert and Mariota.  I just hope they both play well and neither is injured.  Also not a big fan of the NFL in general - just former Duck players and coaches.  I'm all Collegiate oriented. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From what I can gather the game has a good chance to be on tv. My app shows a game at 10:00 Sunday morning on fox but teams not yet determined. Since the Chargers are the only west coast team on Fox in that time slot we have a good chance but who can trust The brainiacs on the local networks to get anything correct.

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, Just Ducky said:

From what I can gather the game has a good chance to be on tv. My app shows a game at 10:00 Sunday morning on fox but teams not yet determined. 

I hope you get it but I had to laugh because every darned tie I 'think' or 'hope' I'm gonna get a game on my TV (usually the Ducks) I end up disappointed.  It's a "world-wide, sinister Mr. Evil conspiracy" (tongue in cheek) against football fans to dangle the possibility out in front of them and then yank it back at the last moment, preventing them from seeing the game they want most to view.  

I blame Original sin....

Living up near Salem my Dish guide says no Charger/Falcon game. Instead it lists the 10:00am Bills/Jets game.

Regardless I gotta go with MM.

• Oh no! 1

Fox is only showing 1 game this Sunday and it is the late game.  Seattle vs Arizona. 

CBS has 2 games.  Bills vs Jets and then Rams vs Tampa Bay.

There are a bunch of regional games on both networks. Unfortunately, in my region I get the Panthers and they’re playing on the same network (Fox) and time slot as Atlanta. I will also get Bills/Jets on CBS. 

You guys out West will likely get the Chargers on Fox and Bills or Raiders on CBS. 

On 11/2/2022 at 8:28 AM, Tandaian said:

Here is the TV map for NFL football this week.

So it's not on any of the Oregon Fox stations right?  I don't see it.   

Correct, the state of Oregon is not showing the Charges game on Fox.

I'm rooting for both of them in a shootout as I have one of the QB's on my FF roster lol. I'll be happy either way whoever wins although in one of the earlier posts, I do agree Mariota does need the W more at this point in his career.

On 11/2/2022 at 3:13 PM, Tandaian said:

Correct, the state of Oregon is not showing the Charges game on Fox.

The 506 Sports NFL Map you shared earlier this week has been updated:  it now appears that the only Oregon market that will get the ATL-LAC game on Fox is the Eugene-Corvallis area.  Portland and the rest of the state will be stuck with the Seahawks.

Edited by Otis Day

Sweet, smart move by Fox.