Pennsylvania Duck

QUAAACK! Khyree Jackson is a Duck...Alabama DB Transfer

Player Info...

WWW.ESPN.COM

Latest on Alabama Crimson Tide defensive back Khyree Jackson including latest updated stats on ESPN

Click on tweet to see entire listing...

Awesome! Big time get.

Oregon scores Transfer Portal commitment from Alabama CB Khyree Jackson

The run on verbal commitments is running hot for the Oregon Duck football program. The Ducks have secured

another verbal commitment out of the Transfer Portal, and it's on the defensive side of the football once again.

247SPORTS.COM

The run on verbal commitments is running hot for the Oregon Duck football program. The Ducks have secured another verbal...

WWW.ON3.COM

Following an official visit, Oregon has landed a commitment from Alabama transfer cornerback Khyree Jackson.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks’ defense just landed an instant-impact player. Former Alabama Crimson Tide CB Khyree Jackson is transferring to...

On 12/18/2022 at 8:34 AM, Dave23 said:

Awesome! Big time get.

Is it really? His stats aren’t very impressive.

and, as a senior, he’s had plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

• Applause 1

Nice to see the Ducks land some of the wealth of talent that Alabama has. These kids are well coached and are probably itching to get more playing time. I can’t see anything on the downside from this practice.

Go 🦆🦆🦆S

Is anyone else worried about the fact that Saban suspended him from the team? What for?  On field antics or off field antics?  This may not be the good thing we hope it is…

There are lots of examples of kids having trouble and get some new scenery which transforms their lives. Hopefully this is one of those. We will know more next spring. In the meantime I’m willing to let the coaches do their job and support their decision 100%.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I imagine that DL and staff know the details of Jackson's suspension and didn't see it as a deal breaker. Remember Bennett Williams got suspended from the Illinois football team after an All American freshman season. Oregon took a chance on him, he righted the ship and became a leader.

On paper Jackson doesn't look like the second coming of Gonzo but he has size, skill and SEC playing time. I think he will be an impact player at a needed position.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Transfer Profile: 5 things to know about Oregon's newest cornerback Khyree Jackson

It seems like Oregon coach Dan Lanning is going to use the transfer portal to fill in some holes on the roster that needed to be addressed immediately.

That was the case in former Colorado corner Christian Gonzalez and that worked out to perfection.

Lanning is going to the well once again with former Alabama corner Khyree Jackson.

Here are five things to know about a possible 2023 starter in the Ducks secondary.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Here are five things to know about Oregon’s newest corner and former Crimson Tide Khyree Jackson.

Alabama to Oregon pipeline?! Yes, please...keep it coming!

This is a great pickup, in an obvious area of need. He was the #1 JC cornerback before choosing Alabama over the Ducks and many other programs. 

It should be a good battle for the starting cornerback position and the players who don’t win could potentially move to safety or still see playing time. 

Lanning and the coaches are killing it in the portal. 

Edited by OregonDucks
Expand
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have concerns with this guy. Very little stats for a senior, suspension primarily. Can't say this is a great get yet. Hopefully it is.

Jackson has good size. He has been coached and played with some of the best talent in the country. Could be a diamond. 

Corners need to step up next year. Hopefully Bridges can move back to safety. Jackson could very well be one of those guys.

Analysis of him at On3 is very uplifting, as he would have been starting at nearly everywhere else, but was sitting behind two first-round NFL Draft picks at corner at Alabama, and that is no surprise.  He will help us...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/18/2022 at 8:49 AM, DUCKED said:

Is it really? His stats aren’t very impressive.

and, as a senior, he’s had plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

I'm not sure on Jackson... But as a DB I'd you do your job right sometimes the stats don't show up at all. 

I know Ifo at Oregon had an incredible season and it was followed by a lack luster season statistically because he wasn't thrown at as much. 

I don't know where he ranks on other sites but I think on3 has him as one of the best CBs in the transfer portal. 

But on3 has some weird outliers in terms of ratings too. 

"What can you fo for me now" has become the mantra of the present football environment. 

Bo Nix is a known commodity and winner for Oregon. He is an established leader and gamer.

Nix provides continuity in the transition of the new OC. He is a magnet for closing recruiting WR's and RB's.

His return is a win for Oregon football. Any further developments will be icing on the cake.