Charles Fischer

Bummed Out About Recruiting? Maybe You Just Need a...

giphy.gif

Nope, not a hug!

I will admit that I am surprised at how so many of you are surprised--like you haven't been through recruiting before?  Gosh, there are so many stories I have over the years (Online with Oregon sites since 1997) of the gyrations with major players in the final couple of days--and we are not even at Tuesday night yet!

Yep, two good ones might be lost....but that does not count what is coming our way.  And some of you are being an Eeyore with almost every topic; c'mon...it is not that bad! At the moment, Oregon has 12 of the 4&5-Star recruits (Rivals) and ten teams in the conference (not USC) have an average of two of these coveted recruits. Being a Duck doesn't suck!

There are times to be down-in-the-dumps, such as losing twice to Utah, losing your head coach, losing to both your rivals, etc.  This recruiting ride is never perfect for any team, and to me--this is not a time for a long face. We're going to be winning, my FishDuck Friends!

Just a heads-up on what I'm thinking? I am already working on a FishDuck article for later this week extolling how this recruiting class is the best or one of the best ever of a new head coach at Oregon.

And you know me--I do not wave the Pom-Poms all the time; I do plenty of Critical Analysis of our coaches. But this will be a time to enjoy and savor...

A Stud Verbal Recruit Who Chose Oregon...

JohnnyBowens lll #9 (@D1Bowens) / Twitter

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

One item we need to focus on is Lanning is putting together his first recruiting class, high school kids along with transfers, and finally able to create his own team.

Last year Lanning was holding together both MariØ's team and recruiting class. The next 12 months are going to be extremely exciting as we see what Lanning really wanted on the field and sideline.

We are going to see just how good Lannings coaches are at recruiting, developing talent and creating their own culture. This is what we have been waiting for!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have complete confidence in these coaches to recruit!!

Also very happy with the results so far.

Plus, I imagine we have the backing to be NIL competitive with most.

I am eager to be shown great success for our new OC. 

Wouldn't you just know it - CF selects my all-time favorite #1 candy bar going back to my pre-pubescent days as a rascal terrorizing the neighbors for cans and bottles to collect for comic books and ... yep! snickers or a cup-o-gold candy bar.  

Yeah, sometimes a guy just needs a snicker.  

Can't wait till Wednesday rolls around.  I had better load up on some snickers.  I believe the Cup-o-Golds are a thing of the past.

Recruiting is totally a numbers game. The coaches will win and lose games and recruiting battles. Oregon has too much to offer to worry about a few players. 

The biggest need last year was replacing a coach. The Oregon brain trust went out and gave an opportunity to a young energetic coach with everything to prove. Kind of the Oregon way, in my opinion.

The biggest need of the new coaching staff is the support to compete in the recruiting free for all that the NIL has created. Oregon has that covered. 

The team needs to improve and I believe that the coaches are getting the necessary support to bring in outstanding talent.

Not worried, just anxious to see how this years class pans out. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Now that Bo is coming back?

giphy.gif

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon has had two top 10 recruiting classes since 2019. How many of those guys transferred out because they couldn’t get any playing time? Many times guys are recruited out of HS because of measurables and potential. Transfers are recruited based on their fit. 

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Oh no! 1

Oregon will end up just fine for 2023...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I have watched Bo's "I'm Back" video a bunch of times. Always makes me feel better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

“There’s nothing like playing in Autzen stadium in front of the best fans in college football… There’s nothing line being an Oregon Duck!”

Pretty high praise from a former Auburn Tiger who has played in most of the SEC stadiums!

Welcome back Bo, I hope you light it up and have your best season yet!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1