Babyjesus615

More Signing Day Drama?

It's now after 6:00 pm CT.  What transpired?  Any word?

Family feud?

Mucho no bueno. His mom wanted him to go to ND. I hope he realizes that NIL payments will be made payable to him when he's 18. He doesn't have to give a penny to his parents. Hope he stays! This news is quite bad, since after he declared his intention on TV, Presley officially left- not that he was going to sign with us anyway I suppose.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:17 PM, 2002duck said:

This news is quite bad, since after he declared his intention on TV, Presley officially left- not that he was going to sign with us anyway I suppose.

Could you please explain?

On 12/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, Mic said:

Could you please explain?

Caleb Presley has been rumored to flip to the Huskies for a long time. That said, he didn't sign today until Bowen, who plays his position, pledged to Oregon. So, it's too bad, because now we might lose both.

Isn't Caleb Presley a cornerback while Peyton Bowen is a safety?  

The loss of Presley was offset by flipping Daylen Austin from LSU.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/21/2022 at 4:28 PM, 2002duck said:

So, it's too bad, because now we might lose both.

?  I'm still confused.

It sounds like Bowen chose Oregon which (if you're right) caused Presley to leave the set?  And somehow that means he's flipping and maybe Bowen too?  I'm guessing some of the kids (with too much help from a 'team' of advisors made up of parents, coaches, scouts, friends, pseudo-friends and media) are just weighting all their options and waiting to see what others do or don't do.  It's almost like a game of musical chairs.

Edited by Mic

I wonder if any of pogo stick kids are going to college for an education.😂😂😂

On 12/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, Mic said:

waiting to see what others do or don't do.

Yup, it's possible Presley was waiting to see what Bowen would do. Also, Bowen's mom was mad when he picked the Ducks, and she's trying to have him sign with ND.

Both Austin and Limar are officially Ducks 

On 12/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, 2002duck said:

Yup, it's possible Presley was waiting to see what Bowen would do. Also, Bowen's mom was mad when he picked the Ducks, and she's trying to have him sign with ND.

Wouldn't it frost her if her son went with Presley instead?  Maybe, with a mother like that he might want to consider a west coast team.  Maybe like O.

Edited by Mic

I don't know man, if true it always makes me cringe when I see parents get involved like this. No matter who he chooses it should be his decision and his alone. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, 12Duck72 said:

his alone

It would be a smoother process if he were 18. I believe he is still 17, and that affects NIL money. When a player is 18, they get 100% of the NIL money right away, and can walk into a bank and open an account for it. The parents can't touch it. It's more complicated for minors.

On 12/21/2022 at 5:13 PM, 2002duck said:

It would be a smoother process if he were 18. I believe he is still 17, and that affects NIL money. When a player is 18, they get 100% of the NIL money right away, and can walk into a bank and open an account for it. The parents can't touch it. It's more complicated for minors.

Not to say his parents (or mother, in this case) shouldn't be part of the process but at some point the young man needs to make it his decision or he will forever be second-guessing himself if things don't work out for him.  My mother wanted me to go to college first, Navy later.  I chose otherwise and it was probably the best decision I could have made when I made it.  At 18-19 all I would have done was party and drink.  The Navy grew me up, fast!

• Thumbs Up 2

All this talk about Peyton Bowen's mother not wanting him to go to Oregon and that she did not know he was going to pick Oregon, where are you finding this at? I have read about his commitment and watched the replay of his commitment and I don't get that feeling about his mom's reaction at all. Just curious where this info is coming from?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, Mic said:

Not to say his parents (or mother, in this case) shouldn't be part of the process but at some point the young man needs to make it his decision or he will forever be second-guessing himself if things don't work out for him.  My mother wanted me to go to college first, Navy later.  I chose otherwise and it was probably the best decision I could have made when I made it.  At 18-19 all I would have done was party and drink.  The Navy grew me up, fast!

The Army for me lol! Well said 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

All this talk about Peyton Bowen's mother not wanting him to go to Oregon and that she did not know he was going to pick Oregon, where are you finding this at? I have read about his commitment and watched the replay of his commitment and I don't get that feeling about his mom's reaction at all. Just curious where this info is coming from?

It's the internet and we take an interpretation and build a storyline from it. Then we grow to love and hate the characters we created. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, DuckDiggler said:

Then we grow to love and hate the characters we created

That’s some existential stuff there.

Not what I was expecting for NIL day, but absolutely the quality of post I expect from the OBD forum. 🙏

• Cool 1

His Mom has posted susequent statements about Bowen's commitment. Not that it cleared anything up, but it sounds like he has been wavering most of the last week and made his decision on the spot.

Let's refer this all to the "High Drama" thread.

Mr. FishDuck