Pennsylvania Duck

Jim Harbaugh to the NFL?

Michigan coach expected to head back to pros if offered a job, per report.
Multiple NFL teams are reportedly eyeing Jim Harbaugh as a potential coaching candidate.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh could be seeing yet another round of NFL interest after the No. 2 Wolverines'

season concluded with Saturday night's 51-45 loss to No. 3 TCU in the Fiesta Bowl College Football Playoff semifinal.

If offered a job to return to the pros, Harbaugh is expected to leave his alma mater, according to The Athletic. 

"I think it is a done deal if he gets an offer," one source close to the coach told The Athletic.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Multiple NFL teams are reportedly eyeing Jim Harbaugh as a potential coaching candidate

Wait, WHAT??? No NFL offers for 1-4 Riley?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2023 at 4:19 PM, woundedknees said:

I'm sure they're coming... Harbaugh is older and a more proven entity. 

Jimmy did make the super bowl once... Couldn't seal the deal and win it but he made it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his end goal is an NFL return in the end. No recruiting to deal with which is where the vast majority of the work is at at the college level. 

On 1/2/2023 at 5:19 PM, woundedknees said:

Giving the business to Riley & USC just never gets old for me.

But I'm sure, like the proverbial "check in the mail," Riley's offer is as well. 

This kind of reminds of the Chip saga that we dealt with for a few years. Personally, I don't blame him. He did a great job of turning my 49ers around and almost got a ring. But man, this brings back memories of every off season the rumor mill about where Chip was going. It got to be a huge distraction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, 12Duck72 said:

It got to be a huge distraction.

Same thing we had with Cristobal until he finally left. Granted that wasn't to the NFL but basically the same thing.

On 1/2/2023 at 10:11 PM, David Marsh said:

Same thing we had with Cristobal until he finally left. Granted that wasn't to the NFL but basically the same thing.

Unknown-1.jpeg

• Applause 1

Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh has interest from second NFL team, reports say

A second NFL team is reportedly interested in discussing their head-coaching vacancy

with Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh, according to Tuesday afternoon reports out of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Panthers owner David Tepper personally contacted Harbaugh this week about the job, according to beat writers

Joe Person of The Athletic and David Newton of ESPN, but it remains unclear how far the conversation actually went.

These latest reports come after multiple national outlets, including NFL Network, say the

Denver Broncos have expressed interest in interviewing Harbaugh, 59, for their head-coaching vacancy, too.

WWW.MLIVE.COM

The Carolina Panthers have reached out to Harbaugh about their head-coaching vacancy, according to ESPN and The Athletic.

Didn't Harbaugh say that he was done entertaining NFL interest?

Football World Reacts To Jim Harbaugh Decision

Multiple reports said Harbaugh had a conversation with Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper.

The Denver Broncos also reportedly reached out to Harbaugh about their head coaching job as well.

While he talked to NFL teams, Harbaugh suggested that he won't be leaving for the NFL this year.

In a comment to Queen City News, Harbaugh said he "thinks" he will be coaching the Wolverines next season.

"Although no one knows the future I think I will be coaching Michigan next year," Harbaugh told Queen City News.

Michigan fans are tired of going through this every year...

WWW.MSN.COM

Earlier this week, Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh reportedly spoke with one NFL team about its head coaching...

How can any recruit feel confident beyond this year playing at Michigan?  (Harbor....are you listening?)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Harbaugh had been a coach where 4 years was enough.  San Diego 3 years, Stanford 4 years, 49ers 4 years.  It is only Michigan where he passed 4 years.  I have a feeling he has an inch to move on.  If I'm any Michigan player or recruit, I shouldn't expect him to be my coach my senior year.

Michigan football faces major losses as players keep dropping like flies

Slowly but surely, key members of Michigan football are dropping like flies after several players have decided they want out.

Exit announcements came shortly after whispers of Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh was also leaving the team have been swirling. He is said to be in talks with the Denver Broncos to step into their vacant coaching position in the NFL.

Yet despite Michigan's dominance, more team shakeups will definitely affect the team's flow heading into next year.

WWW.MSN.COM

Slowly but surely, Michigan's football roster is seemingly dropping like flies after several players have decided that they want out...

"Curiouser and curiouser... "

On 1/6/2023 at 6:19 AM, McDuck said:

Yeah, kind sounds like Harbaugh is try to jump ship much like Chip did with the whole Willie Lyles thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Paul Finebaum on Jim Harbaugh coaching Michigan in 2023: 'I think he wants out'

“I don’t (think Harbaugh will coach Michigan next season),” said Finebaum. “Think about this. They knew this story was coming out. That’s the way the industry works. You call a school to get a comment. So I think they rushed that statement out by Harbaugh. (It) made no sense at all other than stating the obvious. I think it’s setting up his departure.”

Depending on the severity of the NCAA penalties, with the transfer portal, it could be like the “death sentence” for a school.

Not saying that this would be the case for a school like Michigan but what if the majority of the roster decided to transfer out because of the penalties (e.g., bowl/post-season bans). That could set a program back years and some programs may never recover. 

Just something to ponder in the new world of college sports. 

NCAA slams Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football with multiple violations after investigation: report

The NCAA has reportedly given the Michigan Wolverines football program its Notice of Allegations, claiming head coach Jim Harbaugh provided "false or misleading information" to investigators regarding impermissible contact with recruits during NCAA-mandated dead periods. 

According to The Athletic, Michigan has received four Level II violations and one Level I violation, which is Harbaugh’s misleading information. 

The violations against Michigan also include the use of a defensive analyst for on-field coaching activities, which is against rules, per ESPN.

WWW.MSN.COM

Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines football program are reportedly being hit with NCAA violations following an...

On 1/6/2023 at 6:13 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

NCAA slams Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football with multiple violations after investigation: report

The NCAA has reportedly given the Michigan Wolverines football program its Notice of Allegations, claiming head coach Jim Harbaugh provided "false or misleading information" to investigators regarding impermissible contact with recruits during NCAA-mandated dead periods. 

According to The Athletic, Michigan has received four Level II violations and one Level I violation, which is Harbaugh’s misleading information. 

The violations against Michigan also include the use of a defensive analyst for on-field coaching activities, which is against rules, per ESPN.

WWW.MSN.COM

Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines football program are reportedly being hit with NCAA violations following an...

The cover up is often worse than the crime. 

If Harbaugh lied to investigators, Michigan should fire him for cause. 

Edited by OregonDucks

NFL Team Reportedly Makes Decision On Jim Harbaugh

If Jim Harbaugh is going to be coaching in the National Football League next year, it'll reportedly be somewhere other than Carolina.

WWW.MSN.COM

If Jim Harbaugh is going to be coaching in the National Football League next year, it'll reportedly be somewhere other than...

However, today it was reported by NFL Network insiders Ian Rapoport and 

Tom Pelissero that Harbaugh will be interviewing with the Denver Broncos this week!

The following article is from the Wolverine website...

WWW.MLIVE.COM

The news comes as Harbaugh, 59, is under investigation by the NCAA for potential Level I violations.

On 1/8/2023 at 12:30 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

NFL Team Reportedly Makes Decision On Jim Harbaugh

If Jim Harbaugh is going to be coaching in the National Football League next year, it'll reportedly be somewhere other than Carolina.

WWW.MSN.COM

If Jim Harbaugh is going to be coaching in the National Football League next year, it'll reportedly be somewhere other than...

However, today it was reported by NFL Network insiders Ian Rapoport and 

Tom Pelissero that Harbaugh will be interviewing with the Denver Broncos this week!

The following article is from the Wolverine website...

WWW.MLIVE.COM

The news comes as Harbaugh, 59, is under investigation by the NCAA for potential Level I violations.

Denver doesn't seem to be interested either.