Charles Fischer

USC Spins Phantom Recruiting Victories Over Oregon...

Talk about being in their head!  Oregon only had three decommits in the cycle, but this USC fan claims they flipped four?  The word "flipped" means that a recruit had verballed to the Ducks...and none of these guys did. 

All are Rivals 3-Stars, and USC video is making a big deal of it?  Whew!  This guy is unwatchable/unlistenable and is desperately trying to feed some red-meat to the fan base. 

What are USC fans saying about this video?

"2023 USC has become the class that no team will want to confront on the playing field ..."

"Great job of pointing out the recruiting battles we won. I would take DJ Peevy over Matayo any day of the week cuz he’s got size and he runs track. Plus Banuelos is our center of the future and no other OL is more vicious than Alani Noa. Pancakes for days!"

"Great information I didn’t know any of this. Oregon has done a good job recruiting but USC is right there with them."

"Thank you for setting things straight and highlighting the recruiting wins for USC.  And let's not forget, USC won the overall recruiting class #8 over #9 UO.  Keep the faith and keep up the great work!"

(That is MORE Spin; Oregon is No. 8 at 247 Sports while USC is No.12, and Oregon is No. 8 at Rivals while the Trojans are No. 11.)

This is so much fun, and again..."I never said I was noble."

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

We all knew the sheer delirium that the Trojan fan base swims in, equalled by no one except perhaps Fuskie fans. This is just more evidence to toss onto the heap.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Flipping a recruit to Trojan boy must be signing any player that has offers from other schools. 

Let them celebrate their non-victories. 

Personally, I definitely want Matayo on my team. A 6’5” 265 lbs. 4/5 star edge that opposing teams will want to know where he is lining up on every play…you can’t spin the fact that his signing with Oregon is no big deal. He may be an impact player for a very long time. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 2/3/2023 at 5:41 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Great job of pointing out the recruiting battles we won. I would take DJ Peevy over Matayo any day of the week cuz he’s got size and he runs track. Plus Banuelos is our center of the future and no other OL is more vicious than Alani Noa. Pancakes for days!"

I believe Oregon withdrew the scholarship on Peevy because we had other prospects commit. 

Those two offensive linemen recruits kinda stung early in the cycle to be honest. But the big difference is that Oregon just went transfer portal and got some BIG time players out of the portal. 

At the time we did feel the sting but that quickly faded and if you count the portal Oregon did well complementing both the new recruits and the portal players. 

My understanding is that USC did well at some skill positions in the portal again... But we cleaned up in the trenches. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They signed one safety and got one CB via transfer. They did a horrible job of bolstering their most glaring weakness.

• Applause 1

Funny response from @duckscrootin in response to video...

• Haha 1

Oh No! This means USC fans don't like Oregon?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, David Marsh said:

My understanding is that USC did well at some skill positions in the portal again... But we cleaned up in the trenches. 

Especially on the defensive side. If memory serves me right, we have nine 4/5* DL/Edge, USC has one.  The entire conference outside Oregon has three. 

• Applause 1

As a Ducks fan, it's nice to have a convenient vacation home inside the heads of USC fans.

Tiny and cramped, true - but at least it's not cluttered with annoying things like facts or reason.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:49 PM, Kurt Rambis said:

As a Ducks fan, it's nice to have a convenient vacation home inside the heads of USC fans.

Tiny and cramped, true - but at least it's not cluttered with annoying things like facts or reason.

BTW, Trojans and Bruins fans, my brother Charles who lives there tells me that it is 2 below in Boston today with a wind chill factor of -27 degrees. Enjoy the wintertime travel y'all.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2023 at 9:49 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Tiny and cramped

Not so fast my friend, just the opposite . . . inflated head with plenty of room as the grey matter has been relegated to the other "end" of the torso.

• Haha 2