Tandaian

tOSU Cancels Home and Home with Washington Football

Ohio State cancels their 2024/2025 games with Washington because it sounds like they will play either at USC or UCLA in 2024.  They don't want two west coast trips in the same season.  Are you kidding me?  USC and UCLA will have to make the Midwest trip at least 4 times a year.  USC and UCLA, I hope you like your money because you aren't going to get an equal schedule.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

They're probably also hoping the Pac 12 goes the way of the dinosaur so they can snag Washington and Oregon as new members for a bargain price.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:35 PM, Tandaian said:

They don't want two west coast trips in the same season.

They know how wearing these trips are and how they put their teams at a disadvantage.

Good luck to USC and UCLA. 

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I know what I'm going to say probably amounts to blasphemy, but looks like tOSU didn't want to risk a potential L on their record lol. I know it's "that school" up to the north but especially now, us PAC-10 brethren need to have each other's backs when it comes to OOC competition lol!

• Thumbs Up 1

Quite the turnaround, from losing to Montana at home to having the nuts back out of a home and home. 

I hope this isn't the Big10 freezing out the Pac-10...?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/15/2023 at 2:35 PM, Tandaian said:

USC and UCLA, I hope you like your money because you aren't going to get an equal schedule.

Oh NO! Poor Bruins and Trojans...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

That is CS, BS.

UW should cancel this year's game at MI ST and fill in with San Jose State. Then it will have an OOC schedule equivalent to Michigan.

FOX Network, the gift that keeps on stealing.

• Applause 1

Yep, I think there will be lots of regrets for the SoCal schools for the move they have made. Travel issues  were the first thing to come to mind when I heard about the move to the B1G, and it is going to be a heck of a lot worse for the basketball than for the football teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oh NO! Poor Bruins and Trojans...

giphy.gif

What, you've never heard of "Pay for Play"?

This is THE b1g'S way to trump the patsy games arranged end of season by the SEC... With a twist.

Con the greedy PAC12 wannabe royalty with a nice paycheck, then sucker them into "Gullible's Travels"... Better looking opponents than the suckers employed by the ESPN Chosen, but with the added benefit of travel fatigue. 

Sounds like a win, for somebody!

By canceling, OSU will have eight games at home in 2024 and remove a quality OOC opponent in favor of a cupcake. Youngstown State anyone? OSU ought to be upgrading OOC schedule not making it simpler. And eight home games... who else has that?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

anOSU doesn’t like much out of conference competition.  They love a diet of cupcakes.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:29 PM, TexasDuck said:

anOSU doesn’t like much out of conference competition.  They love a diet of cupcakes.

The Buckeyes play at Notre Dame in. Michigan is the school (along with UCLA) with back-to-back cupcake OOC schedules but Michigan does have a home and home with Texas beginning in 2024.

Ohio State's payment of $500K to UW will be more than made up by playing an 8th home game. The timing of the cancellation screws UW but why should OH ST AD Gene Smith care?

CFB today? It's every man for himself.

This is a major P12 and Fuskie brush-off, tOSU essentially saying there's no need for us to schedule P12 schools in the future with USC-UCLA in the fold.

Bad news for the P12, we could see overall cancellations from the B1G in the near future.  Doesn't affect us much at this point, it looks like our next home and home with a B1G team is 2029-30 against MSU.  There's virtually no chance the conferences look the same at that point if the P12 still even exists.