Ktmguy2018

Quaaack! Gary Bryant, Jr. Is a Duck! Great Pick-Up!!

Nice grab, big up side. Could be a great asset.  2 deep in the WR room is geting stout.

Ducks have landed a number of TP guys that were highly rated coming out of HS.

I think a few of these guys saw what Bo Nix did last year, resurecting his career... "why not me too".

Ducks are cashing in on Bo's success at Oregon. Well done coach.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lanning has been killing-it in the portal!

Without the portal transfers on both sides of the ball, this team next year would be good, but with all of these transfers… This team has the chance to be great.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/13/2023 at 9:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Without the portal transfers on both sides of the ball, this team next year would be good, but with all of these transfers… This team has the chance to be great.

Agree, who is going to be the next Bo, Gonzo type transfer? Hopefully the transfer portal is used less and less, but as effectively with impact players ready to reach their potential.

Last years impact transfers were Bo, Gonzo, Bucky, Coda, Riley, Williams, and few more. Who will they be this year? The easy picks are Burch, Jacobs, Tez, and who else?

Position Outlook: Gary Bryant Jr. addition offers big boost to competition in Ducks WR room

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The addition of Gary Bryant Jr. to Oregon’s WR room just ups the level of competition even more in Eugene. The fight for targets in 2023 is going to be fun to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is exciting to see DL and his staff continuously working to build a roster, 2-deep at as many positions possible.

The kind of 2-deep roster that can compete and win 15 or 16 games and bring home a National Championship.

It truly is a difficult process to complete...

We have rarely been 2-deep at QB and Oline. This year is no exception.

However they keep working at it. Just 2 weeks ago the TE position was as thin as Twiggy. (She was a paper thin runway model/cover girl before the Dead Sea was even sick)

Now the TE room has depth and diversity.

I spent the last 2 weeks in husky/cougar country. Most of those customers know I am a proud Duck. We talk football often and many commented about how many 4/5 stars left the Duck roster. To only be replaced with an upgrade at position.

I mentioned in many cases that was true but on defense it was better fits for the Lanning system. One husky fanatic and uw grad commented he loved how he could count on the Ducks to "coug" at least 1 game each year. He mentioned El Paso was beautiful in December.

I reminded him that entire uw classes never tasted a husky victory for 16 or 17 years. He shut up and then shared with me his academic prowessed middle finger.

I am so HappyToBeADuck... .

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 4

On 5/14/2023 at 12:19 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Huzzah! With the addition of Bryant, Oregon still has 2 or 3, depending on whether to TE from CU and from Clackamas, is a walk-on or on scholarship, scholarships available.

I'd like to see Dan use these on an LB or 2 out of the portal but are there LBs in the portal who will be more than tackling dummies? I don't know but I am certain Dan and friends know.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

It is exciting to see DL and his staff continuously working to build a roster, 2-deep at as many positions possible.

The kind of 2-deep roster that can compete and win 15 or 16 games and bring home a National Championship.

It truly is a difficult process to complete...

We have rarely been 2-deep at QB and Oline. This year is no exception.

However they keep working at it. Just 2 weeks ago the TE position was as thin as Twiggy. (She was a paper thin runway model/cover girl before the Dead Sea was even sick)

Now the TE room has depth and diversity.

I spent the last 2 weeks in husky/cougar country. Most of those customers know I am a proud Duck. We talk football often and many commented about how many 4/5 stars left the Duck roster. To only be replaced with an upgrade at position.

I mentioned in many cases that was true but on defense it was better fits for the Lanning system. One husky fanatic and uw grad commented he loved how he could count on the Ducks to "coug" at least 1 game each year. He mentioned El Paso was beautiful in December.

I reminded him that entire uw classes never tasted a husky victory for 16 or 17 years. He shut up and then shared with me his academic prowessed middle finger.

I am so HappyToBeADuck... .

A Twiggy blast from the past, I love it!

This is a gal who had to run around in the shower to get wet.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:48 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Bryant Jr. committed to transfer to Oregon on Saturday. He chose UO over Texas A&M.

I've been to College Station, Texas. Very good decision young man.

• Haha 1

Nice short video of his highlights, and he has speed and excellent body control.  Good one!

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Why did Bryant leave USC?  Especially with such a great first season in 2021?  (Decided early in 2022 to transfer out)

Lincoln Riley brought his receivers from Oklahoma over, and with the star transfer from Pitt, (Addison)....Riley wanted to play "his" guys, and Bryant felt he was passed over regardless of production.

Perfect scenario for a good transfer.

Gary Bryant Jr. - Draft Network

Mr. FishDuck

Line Bryant up in the backfield for a possible swing or wheel route, with Tez in the slot...the defense is gonna wet themselves!!

• Applause 1

Good pick up......USC, like some coaches decides a player is not for them and they just disappear.This guy has talent. 

• Applause 1

On 5/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Lincoln Riley brought his receivers from Oklahoma over, and with the star transfer from Pitt, (Addison)....Riley wanted to play "his" guys, and Bryant felt he was passed over regardless of production.

And we see the same thing happening in Colorado. 

Granted Colorado was real bad last year but they had some good players. 

It really does feel like new coaches, especially flashy ones, want to just scrap their whole roster at their new program say they suck and bring in their own guys. 

Lanning at least waited a year before the roster was cleaned out. Gave everyone a chance to compete and show off if they could make the new systems work for them. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

After watching his highlights, I like the fact that he scores a TD without barking into some defensive guys face, or showboating. He celebrates with his team and moves on. 

Not a fan of the receivers that feel the need to flex, or chirp at the defensive backs.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 10:47 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Nice short video of his highlights

Not a single highlight against our Ducks though 🤔