crazyjeff

Updated News as of 8:20 PM: Apple Giving Pac a Deadline?

BROBIBLE.COM

It's been a wild few weeks on the college sports realignment scene. And, at the center of all the drama is the PAC 12. The once proud conference is on its

I think Apple only wanted to get into college football if they could do so cheaply.  They had to have known that if their deal was not accepted, the conference falls apart. If the conference falls apart, so does their current opportunity to enter college football.  However, if there is a remnant left over in the PAC, and Apple still want to broadcast football they could make an even cheaper deal, because the Mountain West media deal is only about 4 million per school.  If your option is 4 million or 10 million, the PAC remnant would probably go ahead and accept the 10 million.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

The timeline seems to be coming into view.

01: The Apple deal is not signed and the offer expires on Friday.

02: Four corner schools announce the B12 jump.

03. BIG offers UO/ UW.

04: UO joins the BIG.

Arizona meeting was scheduled for 6 pst so a leak will probably emerge in a few hours. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

If you believe this guy....

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Apple giving the PAC12 a deadline, that’s comical! Apple is not running this ship, Fox etal. are!

• Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, Pac-12 leaders have held “positive” meetings the last two days to examine details of the Apple deal, sources tell . Presidents of schools whose membership is in question participated. A GoR was expected to be presented to presidents at a meeting Friday.

·
Views
  • Haha 1

This is as wild and crazy as I thought it would be. Apple setting time limits is hilarious. Although the details of their deal are vague, it sounds complicated on top of the fact that it relies on future variables that may, or may not pan out. I think The Kamikaze Kid has the timeline for how this is going to play out about right. I’ve really loved the PAC, but it’s not looking good for The Conference of Champions. 

Did you mean , "Confluence of Chumps"?

• Yikes! 1

On 8/3/2023 at 7:30 PM, QuackAttack said:

Apple is not running this ship

Apple is bidding against themselves right now. Nobody else wants the vast bulk of whatever the PAC is. 

On 8/3/2023 at 7:15 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Lol!!! Stanford can't go independent and make that work.

There is a reason why independents are dying out..BYU gave up it's independence. Notes Dame isnt even fully independent anymore. 

If the PAC has enough schools surviving... They take any media deal they can that is around 20 mil and grab some G5 schools and make that work. It would be a step up over the G5 payouts but certainly not p5... Well P2.5.

• Like 2

• Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

If I'm the remaining members, I'm going to try to hold onto PAC-whatever and maintain Power 5 status if the landscape will allow it.  I wonder what the chances of PAC8/10/12 remaining through expanding with schools originally frowned upon.  If Oregon St., Washington St., Cal, and Stanford all hold together and expand to include San Diego St., UNLV, SMU, Boise St., and Fresno St.  You could reach out further to include Colorado St., Utah St., and Nevada.

Although it's a longshot, holding onto Utah would be HUGE for PAC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

One bad apple?

image.thumb.gif.46f8352de6298aa943ddfcdd5350cb94.gif

• Haha 1

John Canzano is hearing from the people in the room, the TV deal offered will surpass the Big 12 deal in either year 3 or 4.  I'm not sure how that is possible if the base is 200 million.  Even if linear is putting in 100 million, that still leaves 80 million short.  

Only 1 million people have subscribed to the MLS deal.  Do we really think there is going to be way more signing up for the PAC deal?  The MLS subscription is $15.00 a month.  Let's say half goes directly to the PAC, they would need 10.66 million new subscribers to get to 80 million.

Apple TV currently has 25 million subscribers in USA.  Bringing on 10.66 million more doesn't seem feasible.  Why would the people in the room feel this is a great deal?