FishDuck Article

See the “Famous FishDuck ManCave” Before it’s Gone…

Everything in life changes, and my beloved “Famous FishDuck ManCave” is soon to be gone, as I am selling my house after 32 years in it. So much of my joy and fun as an Oregon fan was lived in that room that you see below in a video, and so many articles were written for FishDuck in that room ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Everything in life changes, and my beloved "Famous FishDuck ManCave" is soon to be gone, as I am selling my house after 32 years in it. So...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Great post! 3
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Duck Duck Duck Duck... You ARE a real DUCK Fan! And always will be wherever you live!  Thanks for all the gifts you've provided for Duck fans everywhere.

Go Ducks!

• Thanks 1

The once constant in life is change. Way to embrace the past and look forward to the future, not as easy as you make it look.

You must be channeling the Ducks leaving the Pac-12. The future will be bright for both the Ducks, and you!

• Thanks 1

Great room. Hope the next chapter brings a ton of joy. The good news it everything tags along but the paint. Paint is cheap and an easy application. 

All those things and ideas you would have done differently in the man cave... opportunity knocks! Have a great time creating. Going to be a blast!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the tour Charles, as well as the trip down memory lane. It demonstrates our team(s)’s deep personal role in our lives as fans. 

it is bittersweet for me as it also represents what it feels like we, as fans, seem to be losing with the myriad changes in the game. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 8:03 AM, LB48 said:

Thank you for the tour Charles, as well as the trip down memory lane. It demonstrates our team(s)’s deep personal role in our lives as fans. 

it is bittersweet for me as it also represents what it feels like we, as fans, seem to be losing with the myriad changes in the game. 

It is like the loss of the Pac-12, and the promise of new adventures going forward.

• Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, great to have A DUCK Man Cave. I have one as well. Just one question, where is my seat? 

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:53 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Charles, great to have A DUCK Man Cave. I have one as well. Just one question, where is my seat? 

Well, I would have guests sit in the big brown chair, while I would have the entertainment tour from the black table.

But in a month or so--the Famous FishDuck ManCave will be no more.  Yet, like joining the B1G...new adventures await!

A video created in that room...

From FishDuck Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Sad to see it go, glad to have been able to visit it.

Just like our Ducks, onward and upward.

• Thanks 1

Just think, the next cave gets the benefit of all those  . . .  “You know, wouldn’t it be cool if . . .?” thoughts from the first one. And remember,  change may be hard, but laughter and the Ducks make it a lot easier.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spacing
  • Applause 1

Man!  Now…….that’s commitment!  Wow!

Good Luck on your sale, and……best wishes on your “new and improved” Duckroom in your next house!

You're so lucky you have a man cave...my house is chock full of kids and relatives so there's no where to go for any privacy 😛

Kind of disappointed you didn't have a Duck chilling in a mini pool, sipping on a cold refreshing beverage. Maybe in your new home😉

I'm blessed. I did visit this man-cave; one of the all-time greats!

• Thanks 1

In honor of Mr. Fish Duck's Man Cave, I refuse to allow comments to stay at 13!

image.gif.7187b14c1ee78a147c694ec8db773123.gif

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Charles, for maintaining the website and forum all these years.  I have been a Duck fan since toddling around the backyard in Junction City in the late 50's.  My parents moved to California just before I started kindergarten, and I've often had trouble getting information about my beloved Ducks.  With no local media focusing on UO, I relied for a long time on GoDucks.com. 

When I finally stumbled upon your website I was so thrilled, and just devoured the articles.  I have appreciated more and more the forum with decorum -- I can't stomach any other forums or websites because their rude and mean posts irritate me.  So thank you for your efforts to keep this forum civil.  It really is my primary source for information about the Ducks.  I still love them dearly after over 60 years, and I'm glad I have a place to learn about them from informed and thoughtful people. 

I'll go back to lurking now, but I just wanted to say thanks.  Good luck selling your house.  That is a major project! 

Jim Johnson

Edited by Cacker Guy
  • Thanks 1

But, you'll have another cave soon, right? Of course.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:36 PM, Mic said:

But, you'll have another cave soon, right? Of course.

No.  Not any time soon--maybe in a few years. Or not.

• Yikes! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, Hope everything is good for you.!!