Charles Fischer

Classy Act: I Will Miss the Banter with Utah Fans...

Not all Utes are friendly to Oregon, but what we have seen on this forum and below is nothing but class.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I have nothing but respect for Utah football. I will miss playing them, but I will also be relieved that we don't have to play them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Reminds me of our program a couple decades ago. Much respect for how they play, how they recruit, and develop young men.

Kyle W is the real deal, much like Bellotti was.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll miss the Utes the most. Beating them was ALWAYS  a quality win. Whittingham is one of the best in the game and his devotion to development and the state is something of a dying breed.  Much respect...

• Thumbs Up 1

I have much respect for Whittingham and the Utah program. I’m sure that they’ll do very well in the Big XII and perhaps our paths will cross in the college football playoffs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I always root for the Utes in any game except against Oregon. Totally a class act, they are.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Utah has become one of my favorite programs... fans included.

Prior to joining the Pac12 I found many of their fans to be obnoxious, entitled, and ignorant. But, the first couple years in the league seems to have had a humbling effect on them. They have now figured out how to be enthusiastic and proud without being belligerent and clueless. I now have respect for both the program and their fans in general. I think they will own the Big 12 and look forward to bowl/playoff game against them in the future. Go Utes!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I love the new rivalry that has developed with Utah. The past few years, the stakes have always been high for both teams every time they've played. I'll miss it and hope we see them again in the playoffs in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is why I love being on here.  Ducks are my favorite team not named Utah and the Duck fans I encounter here and in person are generally knowledgeable and respectful and above all Passionate.  I really will miss the rivalry that has developed between our teams and the mutual hate for a few other former PAC-12 teams from WA and CA that I won’t name.

I also agree with my fellow Ute - Bo is one tough dude and he is definitely someone I cheer for and would love on my team.  I think he will get his conf championship this year (ouch).  Can’t wait to see Oregon stick it to all those BIG teams in 24 and we meet again in the CFP!

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been a Utah fan for almost as long as I've been a Duck fan (and always root for Utah unless they're playing Oregon).  I graduated from Oregon in 1990 and from grad school at Utah in 94, have lived in Salt Lake for 32 years.  I'll miss the games against the Utes and the Pac-12 schedule at Rice-Eccles Stadium.  Utah is a great program and is going be at or near the top of the Big-12 on a regular basis.