DrJacksPlaidPants

College Gameday Coming To SLC

Hopefully, the result will be better this upcoming weekend.

image.png.4b26b2d1c92d2e3b9e4bf3b66dd5f525.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd thought CGD would be better to come to Autzen either when the Trojans are in town or the Beavers. Probably the Beavers, given USC' loss last night.

It's great that Ducks could get CGD maybe 3 times this year. The exposure is vastly important regardless of what I think of the show.

At the start of the year it was all Trojan and Buffs for days on end. But we knew... we all knew it was fake news.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2023 at 10:05 AM, Log Haulin said:

At the start of the year it was all Trojan and Buffs for days on end. But we knew... we all knew it was fake news.

The best thing about the SUC vs CU game was that both teams exposed each other in both halves as being fake.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Media Hype.

All 5 picked UW to win in Seattle.  All 5 would have had egg on their faces if Oregon had made a play or two differently.  All 5 would have pretended not to remember it the following week.  Unless CGD is in Eugene I only watch the last 20 minutes to see their predictions, which, as the averages go, are barely .500 usually.

On 10/22/2023 at 10:10 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

The best thing about the SUC vs CU game was that both teams exposed each other in both halves as being fake.

Of course the Buffs had already been totally exposed by the Ducks, so to speak.

College GameDay announces Week 9 location

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

College Gameday has revealed its Week 9 location.

Top guest picker candidates for 'College GameDay' between No. 8 Oregon and No. 13 Utah

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Top guest picker candidates for ‘College GameDay’ between No. 8 Oregon and No. 13 Utah

'College GameDay' 2023 Week 9: No. 8 Oregon vs. No. 13 Utah

WWW.ESPN.COM

"College GameDay" will be held at Presidents Circle in Salt Lake City, UT, on Saturday October 28th.

Lee Corso, don't go fowl 2 games in a row. Show a little love for your favorite fowl, Puddles.

It's great that Ducks could get CGD maybe 3 times this year. The exposure is vastly important regardless of what I think of the show.

I'm guessing we set a record for # of viewers for our games this year. We are barely over halfway through the season and we've been playing in the prime time slots on national TV week in and week out. 2nd Game day appearance now.

We still play USC which will be prime time guaranteed.

If Beavers and us win out that would be prime time too. 

It's almost like the old days when every weekend it was Notre Dame and you couldn't escape it. No you can't escape seeing us on TV.

It's going to help recruiting.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lee, don't fowl up. Pick Puddles.

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, the Civil War will draw a ton of viewers. 

Will OSU send their lawyers out for the coin flip?

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, Solar said:

If Beavers and us win out that would be prime time too. 

Friday night 11/24 5:30 on Fox.

On 10/22/2023 at 12:55 PM, Mic said:

I'd thought CGD would be better to come to Autzen either when the Trojans are in town or the Beavers. Probably the Beavers, given USC' loss last night.

The Civil War is being played on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I expect CGD will cover one of the champ games being played on Saturday. 

With the B1G E Champ playing the B1G W Chump, I expect we'll see CGD in Atlanta for Georgia vs. Bama/LSU.

Both the B1G and the SEC are dropping divisions next season following the ACC and soon-to-be RIP Pac-12. Thank goodness. 

I'd rather watch an Ohio State/Michigan rematch than either team playing Iowa.

Iowa has put the 'tism' in nepotism. 

ESPN's 'College GameDay' announces celebrity guest picker for Oregon vs. Utah game

On Friday, ESPN announced that it will be Steve Smith who comes on the show Saturday morning to help preview the game and make some of the top picks across the nation for Week 9.

Steve Smith is among the most beloved former NFL wide receivers, having played for both the Carolina Panthers and Baltimore Ravens in a 16-year career. In one season at Utah, Smith set the school record for yards-per-catch at 20.6.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

ESPN’s ‘College GameDay’ announces celebrity guest picker for Oregon vs. Utah game

• Thumbs Up 1

We get a two'fer Saturday.

Gameday game with Herbie and then he is off to LA for the CU UCLA game.

If we do well in first game, we should get major props during the later game.

• Let’s hope! 1

On the Pat McAfee show, Pat was wearing an Utah/Under Armor shirt. Double Diss!

There is a sign that says

"Bryson Barnes Farms Bo Nix's Mom"

Where was this guys friends when he made that sign. Low class for sure.

For the second week I did not see a BO dacious sign. The Duck was holding some good signs at the end. Miss you Coach.