Charles Fischer

Full 2024 Oregon-B1G Football Schedule Announced

(Oregon Athletic Department Press Release)

EUGENE, Ore. — The full 2024 Oregon football schedule was announced on Thursday after the Big Ten Conference finalized dates for all league games for the upcoming season.

The Ducks’ inaugural Big Ten schedule will begin at UCLA on Sept. 28, before hosting Michigan State (Oct. 5) and Ohio State (Oct. 12) in consecutive weeks at Autzen Stadium.

Oregon will alternate road and home games the rest of the way, traveling to Purdue (Oct. 19), Michigan (Nov. 2) and Wisconsin (Nov. 16), and hosting Illinois (Oct. 26), Maryland (Nov. 9) and Washington (Nov. 30).

Current season ticket holders will have the opportunity to renew their same season seat locations in mid-to-late November. For those who have interest in securing 2024 football season tickets, CLICK HERE to submit your season ticket deposit now.

Fans who place a 2024 season ticket deposit ($50 per season ticket) will gain priority points and an earlier season ticket selection time versus general interest or public patrons. Seat selection will take place in late February or early March of 2024, in priority point order. Please call 541-346-8281 with any questions.

2024 Oregon Football Schedule

Aug. 24 – at Hawai’i

Aug. 31 – Idaho

Sept. 7 – Texas Tech

Sept. 14 – Boise State

Sept. 28 – at UCLA*

Oct. 5 – Michigan State*

Oct. 12 – Ohio State*

Oct. 19 – at Purdue*

Oct. 26 – Illinois*

Nov. 2 – at Michigan*

Nov. 9 – Maryland*

Nov. 16 – at Wisconsin*

Nov. 30 – Washington*

Home games in bold

* Big Ten Conference game

Been there before...

Book excerpt! Dennis Dixon's 2007 Oregon | The best 2016 college football  preview magazine is here online for free

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Completely doable schedule .. 

We don't know what Oregon will look like next year, especially in this day and age of the transfer portal. 

But I think the Ducks should be 5-0 before Ohio State. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, David Marsh said:

I would hope it is 6-0...

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/2/2023 at 1:48 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I would hope it is 6-0...

It would help if I could count... Lol

Yes 6-0 before Ohio State.

I don't teach math for a reason. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, David Marsh said:

Nothing wrong with that math, I think we have to get to 5 - 0 before 6 - 0

• Haha 1

The early bye-week is not in our favor. Its also odd that our first conference game is UCLA at the end of September.

Welcome to the Big Ten: Major takeaways from Oregon's 2024 schedule release

On Thursday afternoon, the official Big Ten schedule was finally released for the 2024 season.

While earlier in the year we got a look at which teams everyone would be playing for the next several year, we now have an actual set of dates for when each game in the 2024 season will take place.

As you would assume, this is some very important information to process.

Bye weeks, tough matchups, and rest advantages all come into play now that we can see when each school will be taking their biggest road trips and playing their most important games.

There are a ton of takeaways to get into, so let’s go ahead and dive right in...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

On Thursday afternoon, the official Big Ten schedule was finally released for the 2024 season. While earlier in the year we got a...

• Thanks 1

Wisconsin Nov. 16...bbbbrrr!

Bye week for Thanksgiving.  Dub Nov. 30...interesting!  I like 8 home games though!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess what! No pack 12 network games. Hurray !

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

PERFECT SCHEDULE - 13 games with a game at the 1 G5 team worth traveling to. 8 home games; very SEC-like.

2 Byes - 1 before the start of conference play with the 2nd late in the season before the concluding regular season game vs. UW. It makes sense for UW to be Oregon's ultimate regular season game and a bye before this game will give beat-up players time to heal. After 8 straight conference games without an LA-Monroe in sight, the 2nd bye will be much needed.

A game in LA is nice for recruiting.

It will be chilly in Ann Arbor on 11/2 but the snow game could be at Wisconsin on 11/16.

Trap Game - Michigan State - between the conference opener at UCLA and Ohio State.

The FCS opponent, Idaho, is 6-2 and in 2nd place in the Big Sky Conference. Boise. Will be nice to finally get a W vs. the Broncos. Texas Tech. I do not like playing B12 teams but it is a game vs. a team from Texas.

Games vs. current committee ranked 1. Ohio State 3. Michigan. 5. UW and 19. UCLA, especially games vs the 2 B1G heavyweights, gives this schedule SOS heft.

Beat Cal!

BTW: The B1G Network has a special show on today reviewing all of the 2024 B1G schedules.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 5:23 PM, Fannah Montana said:

The early bye-week is not in our favor. Its also odd that our first conference game is UCLA at the end of September.

Good thought but I like a bye after 5 OOC games and before the 1st conference game and I love the 2nd bye before the concluding regular season game against UW.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

This is a good schedule that is going to test OBD. A test that every national champion should have to go through. Getting tested in reg season will prepair Ducks for the massive challenge of a playoff.

With an expanded playoff, there is a little more wiggle room to drop a game or two. 

We will see how the Ducks look next year, mainly the QB position. But I think this is a manageable schedule. Whisky and Mich on the road is a great challenge, love it. Having those late in the year gives OBD a chance to peak.

Husky will be trash next year but Ohio State will be a tough home game. I like a win v. tOSU. 

After Ducks win the NC this year, I hope Lanning gets busy in the portal stacking this team with Dudes imeadiatly. Going to need to stack the roster to get to a playoff for sur 

• Wow 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:42 PM, Just Ducky said:

Guess what! No pack 12 network games. Hurray !

🤣I was wondering if we can sue Klviakoff(or however it's spelled) and Scott for bar tabs for those of us without PAC12 networks on streaming service.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will there be a BIG 10 Championship game? Is it divisional or top two? When?

Am I counting correctly? Eight home games?  😮

• Great post! 1

On 11/2/2023 at 3:35 PM, PittDuck said:

Will there be a BIG 10 Championship game? Is it divisional or top two? When?

I dont know if there will be a B1G CG. But with a 12 team playoff, 4 to 5 B1G  teams will get in every year. If you look at the CFP rankings, if I remember right, 11 of top 12 are future B1G and SEC. I think the CFP is saying that 8-10 spots are reserved for the Big 2 conferences. 

This probably opens up a whole other conversation but I think "they" want 2 conferences when it all shakes out. Just how it looks to me. I could be wrong.

Oregon-Washington game will end regular season for first time since 1939 as part of inaugural season in Big Ten

Oregon and Washington will meet in their final regular-season game for the first time since 1939 as part of their inaugural season in the Big Ten.

The Pacific Northwest rivals will meet on Nov. 30 at Autzen Stadium, the latest meeting of the teams since 1923.

Oregon’s first Big Ten Conference game will be Sept. 28 against UCLA at the Rose Bowl.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Pacific Northwest rivals will meet on Nov. 30 at Autzen Stadium, the latest meeting of the teams since 1923.

I would like to see a couple of OOC games played later in the year. Get a couple cupcakes to rest up yet still stay on a schedule 

• Thumbs Up 4

November 2, 2024 Will Be An Epic Day In The Big Ten

Fans of the Big Ten will be in for a treat on Nov. 2, 2024. That's because the conference's football schedule is absolutely loaded with marquee matchups. 

For starters, Ohio State will face Penn State at Beaver Stadium. Usually, this rivalry matchup lives up to the hype.

Later that Saturday, we'll get to see UCLA and Nebraska square off. Chip Kelly and Matt Rhule have done great jobs of rebuilding their respective programs. 

Around 7:30 p.m. ET, Oregon and Michigan will go head to head in Ann Arbor. There'll be a ton of hype surrounding this game, especially since both teams are starting to become perennial contenders.

Toward the end of the night, USC and Washington will face off in what'll be labeled an old fashioned Pac-12 matchup...

To access the details of this article, click here.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 3:56 PM, Log Haulin said:

I would like to see a couple of OOC games played later in the year. Get a couple cupcakes to rest up yet still stay on a schedule 

Yeah, Hawaii in November would be nice!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 3:09 PM, Log Haulin said:

After Ducks win the NC this year...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/2/2023 at 2:46 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Good thought but I like a bye after 5 OOC games and before the 1st conference game and I love the 2nd bye before the concluding regular season game against UW.

Same here.  OBD will be breaking in a new QB (whomever that may be) and having a bye week after a few games will help with correcting mistakes before they head into the meat of their schedule.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

November 2, 2024 Will Be An Epic Day In The Big Ten

Fans of the Big Ten will be in for a treat on Nov. 2, 2024. That's because the conference's football schedule is absolutely loaded with marquee matchups. 

For starters, Ohio State will face Penn State at Beaver Stadium. Usually, this rivalry matchup lives up to the hype.

Later that Saturday, we'll get to see UCLA and Nebraska square off. Chip Kelly and Matt Rhule have done great jobs of rebuilding their respective programs. 

Around 7:30 p.m. ET, Oregon and Michigan will go head to head in Ann Arbor. There'll be a ton of hype surrounding this game, especially since both teams are starting to become perennial contenders.

Toward the end of the night, USC and Washington will face off in what'll be labeled an old fashioned Pac-12 matchup...

To access the details of this article, click here.

Bit early on the Matt Ruhle call. Next season Matt will not have the luxury of playing a B1G W schedule. Next year Nebraska plays UCLA and also at Ohio State and USC.

Chip. Has Chip done any more than Jim Mora was doing? And More recruited far better to UCLA than Chip is recruiting. Chip got the gift of not playing OREGON and UW this season. Lost on the road to the 2 ranked teams that UCLA has played. And playing in Tucson on Saturday will not be easy.

In 2024 in addition to going on the road to play Nebraska, UCLA plays at LSU, Penn State, and UW and also plays SC and OREGON.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:53 PM, kirklandduck said:

Same here.  OBD will be breaking in a new QB (whomever that may be) and having a bye week after a few games will help with correcting mistakes before they head into the meat of their schedule.

Like David, thank goodness I don't teach math. The 1st bye comes after 4, not 5, conference games.

No bailout coming from friend Darren Perkins as there will be no 5th OOC game. This is not the ACC or the SEC, it's the B1G.

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 11/2/2023 at 6:46 PM, Log Haulin said:

I dont know if there will be a B1G CG. But with a 12 team playoff, 4 to 5 B1G  teams will get in every year. If you look at the CFP rankings, if I remember right, 11 of top 12 are future B1G and SEC. I think the CFP is saying that 8-10 spots are reserved for the Big 2 conferences. 

This probably opens up a whole other conversation but I think "they" want 2 conferences when it all shakes out. Just how it looks to me. I could be wrong.

Yes. No divisions. The top 2 teams play in the 2024 B1G champ game. December 7, 2024, in Indianapolis. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 4:56 PM, Jon Joseph said:

In 2024 in addition to going on the road to play Nebraska, UCLA plays at LSU, Penn State, and UW and also plays SC and OREGON.

giphy.gif

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

A bit of a deeper dive into Oregon's 2024 schedule.

What teams do B1G opponents play before playing the Ducks?

Illinois - Michigan

Maryland - At Minnesota

Michigan - Michigan State

Michigan State - At Ohio State

Ohio State - Iowa

Purdue - At Illinois

UCLA - At LSU - Oregon has its 1st bye the week UCLA plays in Baton Rogue

Washington - UCLA - Like Oregon, UW has a bye on 11/23, the Saturday before the Cascade Clash on 11/30. Oregon will trip to Wisconsin the week before the 2nd bye. 

Wisconsin - At Iowa

2024 B1G Champ Game - No Divisions in 2024 and going forward. The top 2 teams in overall conference standings play in Indianapolis on December 7, 2024. Scheduling will matter. 

I have no idea what tiebreakers if necessary, will be used to determine the top 2 if there are ties in the final standings.

• Like 1

I read a rumour that the opening game UH v Ducks is in the process of being moved to neutral site Vegas.  I was planning a multi- Island trip to conclude with that game... sad face.. I'm not a vegas fan.

So strange to see. It’s like a full schedule of OOC games with a couple of PAC-8 games sprinkled in for good measure.  I’m not sure if I’ll ever get fully used to this.  

The top teams will be tough but the rest of the B1G is blah. And to think we are only getting a partial share. 

I’m more excited to play Hawaii, Boise State and TT vs. Illinois, Maryland and Purdue.  

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/2/2023 at 10:54 PM, OregonDucks said:

So strange to see. It’s like a full schedule of OOC games with a couple of PAC-8 games sprinkled in for good measure.  I’m not sure if I’ll ever get fully used to this.  

The top teams will be tough but the rest of the B1G is blah. And to think we are only getting a partial share. 

I’m more excited to play Hawaii, Boise State and TT vs. Illinois, Maryland and Purdue.  

Yeah, to me it looks more difficult in some ways because it feels like we're playing all these power 5 OOC games instead of just simply a regular conference schedule.  When I see Michigan St. or Wisconsin it's sometimes hard to equate them to the teams they are right now, in my head I still think about the teams we had battles with when they were of a higher caliber.  

I am excited to see all these teams though, I don't think I'll miss seeing Oregon playing in the desert that much or playing in front of some paltry crowd in Palo Alto.  Then again I don't travel to away games, so I'm not having to deal with the weather, and I actually like watching games in bad weather on Tv 😆 .

The Athletic (paywall) - 10 Thoughts on the 2024 B1G Schedule - (I apologize for the length but I cannot link this take which includes thoughts from the B1G schedulers.)

1. USC at Michigan -

"... the most anticipated game on the 2024 slate." Really? The LA juice is flowing.

The week before this game, Michigan plays Texas in Ann Arbor and SC plays LSU in Las Vegas.

2. Travel -

No back-to-back road games for 'Pac-4' teams that cross multiple time zones. 14 teams that trip West, 8 have byes the following week and 6 have home games.

3. Rivalry Games -

All rivalry games will be played on the final weekend of the season except for USC/UCLA which will be played on the penultimate weekend every other year.

In 2024, SC finishes with Notre Dame in LA and UCLA plays Fresno State.

4. Bye before the OREGON/UW game for both teams -

This comes at the request of the two teams in the possibility the Civil War and Apple Cup are renewed.

5. The Galloping Ghost Game -

On 10/18/1924, Illinois on the Saturday of the dedication of Illinois' Memorial Stadium, defeated defending national champion Michigan, 39-14. Red Grange took the opening back 95 yards for a TD and in the game's first 12 minutes, Grange also scored on runs of 67, 56, and 14 yards. He later added a 5th TD on the ground and threw a TD pass for the 6th TD accounted for by The Galloping Ghost in this game.

Love the tradition in the B1G. And how the conference respects the traditions.

10/19/2024 - Michigan plays at Illinois.

6. Friday Night, Labor Day Weekend, and Black Friday -

When Fox came up with the (discounted) money for OREGON and UW, the B1G in turn agreed to at least 9 Friday night games every season beginning in 2024. It has yet to be determined which games will be moved from Saturday to Friday night.

Labor Day Weekend - In addition to the Saturday slate on Labor Day weekend, a game will be played on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Also with the teams TBD. The Sunday night game will be broadcast on NBC in prime time.

In addition to the Iowa vs. Nebraska game on Black Friday, played on this date for the last 11 seasons, another game TBD will be played on the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Thus, the final 2024 opponents are determined but the dates of the games are fluid.

7. Week Zero -

One conference game will be moved to Week Zero. In 2024, it will not be an Oregon game, the Ducks play at Hawaii in Week Zero. 

8. Penn State Gets A Home Opener Plus 1 -

Penn State has opened the B1G conference schedule on the road in 13 of the last 14 seasons. In 2024, PSU opens at home versus Illinois followed by a home game vs. UCLA.

PSU fans, how's this for 5 games in a row from 10-5 through 11/9? UCLA, at USC, 2nd 2024 Bye, at Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Washington. WOW!

9. Bye, Bama - And a Bye Before Puddles Comes to Town -

Wisconsin plays Alabama at home on 9/14. The Badgers then have a bye before tripping to USC on 9/28. In 2024, Wisconsin has Alabama, USC, Penn State, and Oregon on the schedule.

Wisconsin's 2nd bye week comes before its home game vs. the Ducks.

10. Flex Protect -

Iowa has 3 permanent opponents, and Penn State has none. All other B1G teams have 1 or 2 permanent opponents.

Lots of football left in the Pac-12's ultimate season to be savored and sweated out. But it is fun to look ahead to life in the B1G conference.

Beat Cal!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:20 AM, Jon Joseph said:

6. Friday Night, Labor Day Weekend, and Black Friday -

When Fox came up with the (discounted) money for OREGON and UW, the B1G in turn agreed to at least 9 Friday night games every season beginning in 2024. It has yet to be determined which games will be moved from Saturday to Friday night.

Labor Day Weekend - In addition to the Saturday slate on Labor Day weekend, a game will be played on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Also with the teams TBD. The Sunday night game will be broadcast on NBC in prime time.

In addition to the Iowa vs. Nebraska game on Black Friday, played on this date for the last 11 seasons, another game TBD will be played on the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Thus, the final 2024 opponents are determined but the dates of the games are fluid.

😮 😮 😮  And I thought we'd be getting away from night games! And never even thought about Thursday, Friday or Sunday on Labor Day Weekend. 😮 😮 😮

On 11/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, Annie said:

😮 😮 😮  And I thought we'd be getting away from night games! And never even thought about Thursday, Friday or Sunday on Labor Day Weekend. 😮 😮 😮

Great comment, Annie. Follow the Money?

• Thumbs Up 1

One last B1G scheduling barf from Moi.

The Tony Soprano Schedule You Can't Refuse.

The State University of New Jersey, Rutgers, plays 5 conference home games in 2024 and misses Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State.

After all, Coach Schiano is a Pisano. 

Arrivederci and Cin Cin!

On 11/2/2023 at 4:02 PM, noDucknewby said:

Yeah, Hawaii in November would be nice!

Or Arizona State in Tempe. 

FWIW here's my $.02:

This is a deal with devil, but really what choice did we have?

I was hoping for fewer night games, but we may wind up with more.  West Coast matchups will probably all be at night.  The good news here is that we only play two of those in conference.  I personally don't believe that our conference home games with Central or Eastern time zone teams will be at night, their fans would have a fit.

That said, I can see all our non-conference games being at night this year.  There is a silver linging IMHO in that night games are much more palatable in September than November, maybe even preferable.

I would hope that the Friday night games get divvied up equally, but that probably won't happen.  I just don't see Michigan or tOSU playing on a Friday night (hope I'm wrong here, but I think they'll get preferential scheduling just like USuC has all these year in the P-12).

The one thing that won't change is that the teams with the best records and ratings will get the best time slots.  That at least is something we can control.

• Thumbs Up 1