The Kamikaze Kid

Thank You Mr FishDuck for Last Night's Meet Up Event

I had a great time last night talking with my fellow Duck fans and forum friends.

I also really enjoyed the excellent presentation by Mr FishDuck himself. Lanning's complex defensive schemes are smash mouth poetry in motion and a joy to watch. It was great to see the well explained breakdown on many of the techniques used to create so much havoc at the line of scrimmage. I look forward to looking for these details tonight.

It was also great getting a well detailed look into Will Stein's blocking schemes. It was interesting to see how both similar and divergent from Kelly's attack they are.

Thanks again for all the work you do to make this a great place to both learn about the tactics used by our elite coaching staff and have great discussions with fellow Duck fans without the barrage of trolls just trying to kill the buzz.

Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Thank You Charles. I heartily agree with all that Kamikaze wrote.The after hours  smaller group was excellent for one on one conversation It was great that NJduck and his family made it out for the game, it was nice to meet you and your wife and son. 

On a personal note I enjoyed the after hours discussion on health and food. Talking about our personal situations brings us closer together as fellow human beings. P.S. The brownies were mediorce, not worth cheating on the diet. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Ditto, I don't troll. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Really wish we still lived in Eugene and could have been there. Glad to hear the event went as well as we all expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:20 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Ditto, I don't troll. 

I must confess that on occasion, I do troll. 

But I primary confine that to lake fishing. 

^^^^^(yeah... I know that was totally lame-o)^^^^^

• Haha 2

So wish I could have joined you guys. I'm so impressed with some of the detailed X&O guys that we have around here... starting with you, Charles. 

I love the game and played it growing up, but I confess that I'm not remotely near as well versed in the X&O's and schemes of the game like so many of you guys are... so I'm always learning something new from many of you. 

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear what a good time you all had. Next time, I hope to join you. 

Edited by Desert Duck

I agree with KK and Red Eddy.  I thoroughly enjoyed last nights gathering!  Charles presentation was  excellent of the different nuances of both the offensive and defensive breakdowns/schemes.

I so enjoyed gathering together in a round table discussion getting to know one another, sharing our experiences, sharing everything Oregon!  This is a special year with this year's team.  The ceiling on this team is high, lets all enjoy the ride!

GO DUCKS, FLY HIGH!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone take any pics they could post?

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 8:04 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I had a great time last night talking with my fellow Duck fans and forum friends.

Kamikaze...I cannot express how much fun that was, and thank YOU.  We yakked for five hours, and then NJDuck and I yakked for another hour and a half...I left at 11:30!

For those in Eugene--we will need to meet for a pizza or beer on a regular basis, as I really enjoyed the opinions and analysis by others that attended. 

This was also instructive for me in that....I have regretted how many people have left this site in a huff because they could not get their way.  But I've said often that I'd rather have much fewer member of NICE people, and last night was a group of such superb people, and great fans.  I'd rather have fewer people like them on the forum than twice as many with tons of trolls.  We really have a lot of great people on this forum...

This (below) is the only picture I took, and it was before the event with my tech guy--to see the banner made for me 12 years ago.  Of course once we got engaged in conversation--everyone forgot to take a picture!

FishDuck Banner and David of Oregon IT.jpg

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/11/2023 at 8:39 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

Thank You Charles. I heartily agree with all that Kamikaze wrote.

Thank YOU, and it was fun chatting with you as well.  We will do it again!  (But at a lower-cost venue)

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, NJDuck said:

I so enjoyed gathering together in a round table discussion getting to know one another, sharing our experiences, sharing everything Oregon!

The only negative about seeing you and your family....is that it had to end.  So fantastic and enjoyable.  Thanks so much for all you do for the forum!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/11/2023 at 9:56 PM, Charles Fischer said:

For those in Eugene--we will need to meet for a pizza or beer on a regular basis, as I really enjoyed the opinions and analysis by others that attended.

I am overseas and had to miss both the FishDuck soirée and the game. It sounds like it was a great first outing. I would really enjoy the opportunity to interact with other OBD members in the future. Kudos to Charles and all of you that were able to make it. 

And so, on to the matter at hand.....

Go Ducks and kick some Trojenz butt!

Sounds like the meet up was a big success.  Congratulations Charles.  GO DUCKS!

I also had a great time last night. The presentation was great, and I really enjoyed meeting everyone there.

I would definitely be up for periodic get-togethers for beer, pizza, and great duck conversation.

Thanks for all that you do, Charles, and for creating this great community.

Go ducks!

• Thanks 1

Please do this again next year so I can plan to attend!! 

I am so envious of all who made it.

• Thumbs Up 1