Charles Fischer

Washington DID Pay Oregon the Ultimate Compliment...

Many sportswriters have moaned about how a Stanford receiver dropped a pass that would have spelled doom for Washington, and the Huskies actually could/should have lost to the 'Furd?

We all know how they need the officials help to get past Arizona State, and barely beat Utah and Oregon State--unlike the decisive games we had with common these common opponents. Yet when Washington plays us?

We get their best shot.

I was stunned at how well Washington played.  How well they blocked, ran, and played defense. I assumed the fantastic passes and catches, but the other components missing in prior games?

Not for us. The Huskies looked like a great playoff team last night, and I will have to turn and spit after I write this, but they have a great team, deserved to win, and have the tools to play with anyone and win. 

Oregon is great, but the damn Huskies are a touch better.

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 7

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/2/2023 at 10:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Temporarily. 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I still say we beat them 6-4 in a ten game series. The problem with that delusional take, they already took the first two.

This dawg team knows when to nap, and when to get up and play the game. Our Ducks know how to play the game, but when to get up, is still a work in progress.

Uh, is that a Duck, time to get up!

9d73fab8d432508af16eac212aa27c69.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2023 at 11:09 AM, Haywarduck said:

I still say we beat them 6-4 in a ten game series. The problem with that delusional take, they already took the first two.

This dawg team knows when to nap, and when to get up and play the game. Our Ducks know how to play the game, but when to get up, is still a work in progress.

Uh, is that a Duck, time to get up!

9d73fab8d432508af16eac212aa27c69.gif

Yeah while in bed trying to fall asleep last night my thought was we'd probably take 3 out of 10 tries. They are simply a little better than us when we play them.

Getting up and playing to your full potential for only one particular opponent isn't a great recipe for success. I predict the Fuskies will get boat raced if they play Michigan or Georgia.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except for older Ducks, you can mention the Don James era among today’s Oregon fans without getting much of a response. Mention Oregon’s 2004-2015 12 game win streak among Husky fans, and they’ll literally stop talking to you (as happened to me on Oct 14th waiting in line at their stadium). 

What once drove the engine for revenge among the Duck faithful has slowly faded into history, while the puppies are still livid with rage over how we mistreated them not so long ago. I think it still feeds their fire and we saw some of that on Friday.

But, what goes around . . . string enough 3 point losses together, and guess what happens?

For all we say about Mario, he never lost to Petersen.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As an old school Duck fan losing to the Fuskies is a failure. It goes back 2 generations. It is what it be with me. 3 times in a row.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, Solar said:

Yeah while in bed trying to fall asleep last night my thought was we'd probably take 3 out of 10 tries. They are simply a little better than us when we play them.

Definitely better prepared.

Well, UW will not be playing Georgia and if it plays Michigan UW has a B1G time puncher's chance.

Oregon might play UGA, Liberty, or SMU. And Ohio State could also be Oregon's foe as could Texas.

I think FSU behind its 3rd string QB will beat Louisville. 

This happens and it would likely be Michigan 1, Washington 2, and then, will UW play Bama or FSU in the Sugar Bowl unless, for some reason, Michigan opts for the Sugar Bowl. I can't see Michigan wanting to play Bama or FSU in Dixie.

Louisville wins and I think it's 1. Michigan, 2. UW, 3 Texas, and 4 Bama. I think in this case that the CT would give TX credit for the win in Tuscaloosa.

I am assuming in the above that Michigan defeats Iowa.

What I don't want to see is Oregon playing UGA in the Peach Bowl. Although that might entice Bo to suit up.

I was at the game and thought the Huskies played great. They didn't show the play on the screen where Penix fumbled and the refs changed the call. They (the refs) made a big mistake. Similar to Dyer was down.  

On 12/2/2023 at 9:14 PM, Duck 68 said:

. They didn't show the play on the screen where Penix fumbled and the refs changed the call. They (the refs) made a big mistake. Similar to Dyer was down

While I appreciate your enthusiasm and love for the Ducks. They did show the replay... and unfortunately,  that was the correct call. His arm, and ball, were coming forward before the strip happened. I really wish that wasn't the case. 

On 12/2/2023 at 12:42 PM, Charles Fischer said:

They're definitely stealing our signs!  🤣

I just read a comment on Facebook from a Husky fan comparing their wins over Oregon and winning the Pac to defeating Nazi Germany in WWII. The arrogance and lack of knowledge of history (both football and war) is astounding. PS - Go Texas. Hook ‘Em Horns. And if that fails, fine…go Michigan or, more likely, Alabama!

Edited by SeattleDuck92
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2023 at 2:16 PM, kirklandduck said:

Getting up and playing to your full potential for only one particular opponent isn't a great recipe for success. I predict the Fuskies will get boat raced if they play Michigan or Georgia.

Disagree with regard to Michigan, Fuskies are good enough to beat the Wolverines IMO, and even if they didn't, it would be a close game. Georgia? Fuskies may well have been boat raced had the Dawgs made the playoffs and had a month to get healthy. For a somewhat less than enthusiastic Georgia in a non playoff game, this Dawg Bowl would be closer. But Hey, these games will not be played this year so probably nobody cares.