Ktmguy2018

FSU Fans Are Incensed

I hopped over to a Seminole fan board and read some of the comments left by fans.  

Charles's filters won't allow for requoting and I don't think it is really necessary as we could all imagine what they are thinking.

To be an undefeated P5 champion and get jumped by TWO one-loss teams is not sitting well with them.

Pundits on ESPN are arguing strength of schedule, eye test, and all that.  I can only think of the players for that team right now who went out and won every game, two without their starting QB.

I hope that they have some folks on standby to repair all the damage that is being done to FSU's locker room right now.

As they should be.  

I can't recall details but seems like opposite logic than what was used to pick Cincinnati two years ago.

Sankey must have threatened to take his ball and go home.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't blame the FSU fans for being incensed. Undefeated and conference champions--what more could they have done to get in!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, I think Georgia being left out is the biggest travesty.  Of course they are one of the best teams, in the nation, if not the best.  That is much worse than Florida State, IMHO, but....

...it is a shame that a quick 12 team tournament could not be created.  Then Our Beloved Ducks would also be a part of it, and everybody who is good would have their chance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Well only 4 teams are going to be happy and 3 will not be.

All 7 can make their case for an invite, except tOSU. You arrogant whiners didnt even make championship weekend.

I cannot envision the SEC being left out of the playoff. FSU is the most vulnerable because ACC vs SEC does not stand up.

If SEC keft left out well they really pushed to keep it at 4 all these years.

Will poetic justice eule over SEC bias.

I really dislike Michigan, but I'm so angry for FSU right now that I hope Michigan shuts Bama out 42-0.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is ugly. You leave out an undefeated team. I'm sorry, even with a back-up QB they are still undefeated.

Now, not my decision, but I would have left Alabama out.

Michigan, undefeated, Washington, undefeated, Florida State, Undefeated, Texas beat Alabama.

Which just goes to show that had we won on Friday, both Washington and us would have been left out.

Michigan, Alabama, Texas, Georgia.

Hey Bo; play in the Bowl game; give us fans one last chance to thank you.

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as i would love to see Bo and the NFL bound players stay and play thru the bowl game, well consider these numbers.....

2023 first round contacts were

#1 - near $40 million

then each pick received a

little less down to

#32 - near $13 million

No bowl game is worth risking that!

2023 2nd round contracts were

#33 - near $13.6 million

#64 - near $6.5 million

For those players their future is now and their Duck playing time is in their past.

I hope some of these players learn from Bo staying one more season. He went from a potential 3rd round pick to first round or early 2nd round pick.

Bo made a quality life financial decision by staying.

Go Ducks.....

On 12/3/2023 at 10:38 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I hope that they have some folks on standby to repair all the damage that is being done to FSU's locker room right now.

There's no freaking chance of 'repairing' this sports travesty. 

Edited by Desert Duck

All this does is prove the playoff committee is and has been a joke.

Winning on the field is now meaningless. Being a member of the SEC is all that matters.

Even with 12 teams coming in the future, CFB is a joke.

I think the ACC should not play in any bowl games. Refuse them all.

Winning without star players should prove the case that you have the best 'team'.

I cannot convey enough how disgusted I feel about this outcome. If games played and won don't matter, why even expand to 12 teams?!

Btw, I don't even like FSU. But man, to go 13-0 in a power 5, with a conference championship, and be left out?!

We live in crazy times.

Oh well, bring on Liberty!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, DanLduck said:

All this does is prove the playoff committee is and has been a joke.

Winning on the field is now meaningless. Being a member of the SEC is all that matters.

Even with 12 teams coming in the future, CFB is a joke.

I think the ACC should not play in any bowl games. Refuse them all.

Winning without star players should prove the case that you have the best 'team'.

I cannot convey enough how disgusted I feel about this outcome. If games played and won don't matter, why even expand to 12 teams?!

Btw, I don't even like FSU. But man, to go 13-0 in a power 5, with a conference championship, and be left out?!

We live in crazy times.

Oh well, bring on Liberty!

Sorry for the rant...but I do feel better now. Txs. 😉

^^^^That... 110%^^^^

They are not one of the 4 best teams in college football. I've watched them twice. Its not even close. 

WaPo: "The Four-Team Playoff’s Final Grift: A Ridiculous Stiff-Arm for Florida State"

WWW.MSN.COM

This was from last night before this morning's announcement, one of the betting sites regarding potential FSU matchups:

Alabama -11

Texas -9

Michigan -11

Washington -7

At this point, I have NO DOUBT that if Oregon would have won the CCG against Washington by 3 points, both Washington and Oregon would have been left out in favor of Georgia or Florida State. 

I hate to see the Pac-12 go, but this is exactly why it needed to happen.  The only chance to get in the playoff from the PAC or ACC conference is to win every game. And even that is not a guarantee anymore?

It never should have been 4 teams in the first place.  Winning your conference should matter, so it should have been 6 or 8 from the start.  

• Thumbs Up 2