Babyjesus615

Ty Thompson Commits to Tulane

Looks like Pete Thamel has the inside scoop on this. Tulane is an offense that wants to push the ball downfield. Best of luck to TT!

• Thumbs Up 3

Good for Ty! He will be playing for the new Tulane head coach, John Sumrall.  Sumrall went 23-4 at Troy (where he coached Tez Johnson) and was the 2023 Sun Belt COY.

With SMU off to the ACC and Liberty's QB in the portal and the MW being deep and competitive, AAC Tulane will be one of the top contenders for the G5 spot in the 2024 Playoff.  No. 12. Tulane at No. 5 OREGON in the 1st round with Ty at QB?

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Nice move, Ty!  Hope he does well there.  Tulane is a fun school that should help him relax and show us all he can do!

• Thumbs Up 3

Good for him! Play football, live in N'awlins, eat great food, listen to fabulous music...everybody wins.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Really pullin' for Ty to realize his potential. Seems like this could be a great fit for him. 

• Thumbs Up 3

With the report of Ty visiting Iowa today, I never saw this coming. Good Luck Ty, go be great!

• Thumbs Up 2

good luck Ty, ride that wave-

• Thumbs Up 2

There are certainly worse places he could have landed.  Tulane is a top 25 team and he'll likely get playing time right away, great spot he's in now and I'm happy for him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

This is excellent news! I grew up in NOLA and am a big Tulane fan. 😻

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ty is a true Duck and I appreciate all his efforts while at Oregon.

I feel Tulane is a great fit for him and look forward to seeing how he does against the rest of the American Athletic Conference. I think he will surprise many, have fun, and find his place.

He has my absolute best wishes and a sincere THANK YOU!

• Thumbs Up 3

Ty will be successful wherever he goes, in whatever he does. It is wonderful to see young men show the characteristics of effort and persistence needed to overcome what life brings you.

He may not even be as successful at his next stop as he wants. What he has shown is he understands failure is a necessary part of a journey. He will carry on and I hope he has an amazing football career at his next stop, he deserves it.

All the best to an amazing young man with a bright future!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Thanks again Ty for your commitment and dedication.  I hope you leave Oregon with your degree and take what you have learned and ball out the way we all hope you can.  Just please NO revenge game against OBD in the first 12 team playoff!!!  😁

Great opportunity for Ty.....OAD, AAD