Charles Fischer

Crazy Weather? Try ICE SKATING at Hayward Field!

The sheet of ice on everything in the Santa Clara area of Eugene makes it hazardous to even try to walk, unless you have mountain-climbing boots with spikes.  What is it like where YOU live?

Give us an update of what it is like in your location, as apparently things are supposed to warm up tomorrow, but first we get snow/rain later today to add to this mess.

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

Here in Portland, spent 52.5 hours without power, with outside temperatures below 20 and a roaring wind. Really a drag. Now, we get ice this afternoon.

• Wow 1

Frozen sleet here in Salem. But we'll see what tomorrow morning looks like after the bout of freezing rain we're supposed to receive. 

PXL_20240114_042241672.thumb.jpg.6cfb80e660f68f330e408efac71db25b.jpg

No issues at all in Roseburg. Not a trace of snow or ice in sight. 

I hope all of you are able to stay safe and warm.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:50 AM, jrw said:

Here in Portland, spent 52.5 hours without power, with outside temperatures below 20 and a roaring wind. Really a drag. Now, we get ice this afternoon.

I've been fortunate enough to keep my power but my brother lost his. 

Waiting for the ice storm today to see what comes next. I'm a high school teacher in pps so thankfully I don't have to worry about work at the moment. 

Snowing here back East.  Waiting for the snow storm to stop before digging out.  Another one suppose to start on Friday.  But will see what happens.  ❄️ ☃️ So glad I work from home!

19 with a wind-chill of 5 in Houston. 

• Wow 1

Clackamas River Drive. Iced road last few days so it’s been very quiet. Sun never hits the road this time of year, too many trees. Furnace hasn’t stopped running for days backed up by a wood stove to keep the pipes from freezing. Ice tomorrow which usually means cutting our way to town if we need to go. All in all pretty normal at least once a year. If your brave enough steelhead are in the river.

Uh, I'll keep my mouth shut about the weather in San Diego right now, but I hope everyone stays in stays safe and makes it through the weather okay; the freezing rain is no joke.

• Whew! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky was full of ice crystals this morning here in Redmond. Got some cool light pillars on the drive to work!

Ice Crystals.jpg

Went home early in the freezing rain, made it!

images.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Chilly here in Newport Beach. It may not top 62. Clouds on the horizon. It may rain tomorrow night but probably not. You know the weather man around here they graduated from the Cristobal school of offense. Now that's offensive.

In Montana we've been having highs of -12 with lows of -35 throw in the wind chill and we got down to -60 a few days ago. I'll take that any day over freezing rain.

Edited by Dave23
Spelling
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

I live in Sandy. My power was also knocked out by a very large tree for over two days. It was very cold here, down to 12 during the day on Saturday. I have never been so cold. We have a gas fireplace that gave off some heat. Finally broke down of Sunday and got a small generator for the refrigerator and lights. Very icy. Not as much tree damage as in Eugene.

74° degrees and sunny tomorrow, with a wind chill taking it down to 73°.

Thankfully, I think we're going to make it. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2