Charles Fischer

Sweet Rumor: The Oregon Brand is at WORK!

The murmurs from inside the program are that Oregon is having an overall update of the football uniforms--for 2024 as a splash into the B1G!  Apparently there are some throwbacks in there?

Oregon and B1G Logo.jpg

Would they go back this far for a throwback?

(So pure...love the leg stripe!)

Lew Barnes_Unknown.jpg

Who remembers Lew Barnes?

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 9

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon is READY for the B1G...

200.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Lew Barnes

Tony Cherry

Chris Miller

Greg Trapp

Blair Rasmusson

Gary Gatewood

Rick Osbourn

names from an era when men were men. 

• Applause 1

I think this was definitely to be expected especially for our B1G debut. I'm excited to see what we come out with. In my opinion the uniforms should reflect the culture currently in place; which is one of strength, intimidation, determination, and skill.

Our uniforms of the 2000s, and teens reflected a very finesse team that was based almost purely on speed and agility. Our teams no longer have to rely on being the fastest on the field to win. We can run out on to the field these days knowing we almost always boast a stronger, larger, more physically fit team that will win any way it takes. Our uniforms should reflect this philosophy!

"They're not booing, they're saying LEW!"

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want the Oregon brand to continue to work, you let the Nike designers have their way. They're the ones who developed the uniform thing, and they're the ones who are in touch with design trends. Sure, there were some uglies along the way, but Oregon uniforms have consistently been, by far, the best in the nation for years and years. This is what Nike does; let them keep doing it, and if throwbacks are the thing, go with it. Throwbacks don't do much for me, and I'm an old fart. I'd rather the uniforms appeal to the kids who want to play for Oregon, now and in the future, kids who were a long way from being born when the old uniforms were in use.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:23 AM, jrw said:

If you want the Oregon brand to continue to work, you let the Nike designers have their way. They're the ones who developed the uniform thing, and they're the ones who are in touch with design trends. Sure, there were some uglies along the way, but Oregon uniforms have consistently been, by far, the best in the nation for years and years. This is what Nike does; let them keep doing it, and if throwbacks are the thing, go with it. Throwbacks don't do much for me, and I'm an old fart. I'd rather the uniforms appeal to the kids who want to play for Oregon, now and in the future, kids who were a long way from being born when the old uniforms were in use.

Agree about throw backs and Im also an old dude. I see now that Nike is doing the new updated uni's for many  schools. Its important that keep the Ducks out front in this regard and be different.

I personally love the feathers look, and would love to see a more holistic uniform incorporating more feathers. 

I am no designer, but it would seem someone could have the helmet feathers all the way down to the shoes with a feather theme that works.

I mean if we can do a pretty much complete eggshell look we can do a better job with feathers. Reason being is we are going to fly into the future, not lay anymore eggs!

lamichael-james-opxu-4444jpg.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

WWW.NFL.COM

Check out Oregon's best uniforms through the years.

Nike has definitely helped with the branding of Oregon Duck sports. 

Having a retro uniform roll out is cool, and keeping things fresh year to year is what we do…however, there have been a few duds along the way that can stay permanently retired. 

I am not a huge fan of grey pants, and/or jerseys. I just need to remember that if the players and potential recruits think the uniforms are cool, then I am good with it as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:23 AM, jrw said:

Sure, there were some uglies along the way, but Oregon uniforms have consistently been, by far, the best in the nation for years and years.

At least they're not Under Armour!  Ugly!

adba9ac223247f556b73a4fef9810b5f.jpg

• Haha 1

Don't the players have heavy input in the design? 

I'll be happy to move on from the Mario Cristobal era block font.

It's tough to make a uni pop without getting too busy.

I wonder if going to the B1G will make them try to look more conservative/historical, or just focus on us and do something innovative? I hope it is the latter..

That being said, Im all for throwback uniforms we wore when we beat Ohio State and Michigan in the past, hehe. Just a friendly reminder to the B1G,  "We're here to destroy you."

Edited by Solar

Sweet Lou!